Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » TAKE HEED

Author Topic: TAKE HEED
Salti
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is always good to scan all email attachments. If you dont have an antivirus program that will scan them, you can set up a yahoo account and forward emails with attachments there and have it scan them.

Also, If you think you might have a virus, this is a very good virus scan and its free.
http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_corp.asp

It isnt meant as an antivirus (which prevents your computer from being infected) but as a means of identifying viruses on your computer if you think you might have one. There are many viruses that most antivirus programs arent catching that this will.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This sounds like the KleZ worm virus; it is a kind of virus is very common; it takes addresses from your address book and sends emails to people in your book.

For example: If you have my address and your friends address in your book; It will send a email to another and say it came from your friend; and then it may send one to friend and say it came from me.

Most virus programs can stop these befor they get into your system, but you need to have a virus program that scans all incoming and outgoing mail and has live updates at least weekly of virus definitions.

Most people who have this virus in their computers dont even know they have them! Unless you keep a current virus program you wont know.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
art
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the last two days I have received 3 emails from my good friend Dylan with whom I work. Each email had a paperclip attached. But as I read the emails, I sensed that Dylan doesn't talk this way and alarm bells went off in my stomach. Needless to say I refused to open the attachments and so deleted them instantly. Well not 5 minutes ago My friend Dylan called having just returned from a week long vacation with his folks and noticed strange messages on his pc from a computer geek .
Something strange was wrong with his email program and his email address book had been altered. He phoned his internet technical support and they advised him that virus's are active once again but are coming to various people from people that are in your address book. So bottom line , if any attachments look suspicious , delete them right off until you are sure they are legit.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement