Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » A Question

Author Topic: A Question
RevGB
Advanced Member
Member # 303

Icon 16 posted      Profile for RevGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with the long posts.
Although here is a solution.
You can always copy and paste it into Word or another writing program that you have installed, save the file on a disc.
Read it later offline.
God bless you
RevG

--------------------
Driven: Not by Nails,
But By HIS LOVE

Teens In The Midst Of Jesus
http://www.arkwebshost.com/ministries/revg

Posts: 27 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did some one call my name? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njclary
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Amber; I find that some people NEED to be totally understood. and the only way they can accomplish that is to quote everything in sight. Others have a need to feel important, and let everybody know how brilliant they are. Still others are contientious [sic] students of the Bible and are very sincere in their long Biblical exerpts.

I do feel, as you, that some posts are more that overlong, and some people need to know that true knowlege comes with brevity.

God Bless

Joel

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Waterdog
Advanced Member
Member # 24

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Waterdog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel the same way, and I don't even limit my computer time. I've gotten to just skipping over almost all long posts, so whatever wisdom and insight you thought needed a 3 page post to explain is totally lost on me. I don't need reams of scripture copied and pasted. I have several Bibles in my house and a few on my computer. Sure, if one or two verses will help to prove your point, please include them. That saves me the time spent looking them up. But we don't need whole chapters or books cut and pasted here. Please keep it as brief as possible. Some of us are missing a lot of good insight here because of gargantuan posts.

--------------------
So let us go forth to Him outside the camp (Heb 13:11-14)
 -  -

Posts: 374 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amber
Advanced Member
Member # 41

Icon 17 posted      Profile for Amber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't mean to be rude, but I would like to know how many of us spend hours and hours on this writing these realy realy long articles? I would much rather have shorter things that I can devote five minutes to, than an article I can't even finish in the hour I allow myself to be on the computer a day. My priorities will not allow for me to be on longer, but the longer articles seem interesting, but I can't, because they are SO long.
My statement is in no way telling anyone they are wrong, that is not my intent, just why so long? [Bang Head]

--------------------
But if we walk in the light as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. 1 John 1:7

Posts: 71 | From: South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement