Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Needing some advice, leading, and support Pls!

Author Topic: Needing some advice, leading, and support Pls!
njclary
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is very difficult; to move or not to move? the Lord's will or My will?

I will say this; 22 years ago, I made the decision to leave the northeast to anywhere but there. I sent out job resumes all over the country,and not one positive response. Was this the Lords way of telling me I should stay? Then on a visit to my dad, who was living in N.C. a person who had a business I was in found out I was interested in leaving the NE and requested that I join his firm. Now I was used to Giant Corporate firms and this one was very small, But I accepted and we quickly moved here. And have been here ever since.

Now God Opens doors and we should be ready to go in, Does He want you to move?, Pray about it, see where He would have you go. as far as staying in one place, that is not a given from God, He may have plans for you elsewhere. But remember a Pastor or counsellor, cannot tell you what God has in mind for you, Only God can say, Pray and see where He is leading.

God Bless

Joel

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RevGB
Advanced Member
Member # 303

Icon 16 posted      Profile for RevGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I have to disagree with Susan.

God does want us to live in certain cities.
He told Abraham to leave his family.
Also look at Jer 29:7 Jeremiah was there because of God.
In the new testament
He told Joseph, and Mary to take Jesus and go to Egypt, and then later told them to come home and where to settle.

I do believe God desires us to live in certain cities. I could give more examples in the bible, and examples of people today that have been told by God where to live. Missionaries, Pastors, Evangelists, and common folks all were told where to live. And even me.

So I think that you will have to seek the Lord on this one.
We all must work out our own salvation, but to say to the Lord, ah not so Lord, I just would not personally go there.
I do believe that God personally does care where we live. He may want you there where you are, or where you are moving to. But I would be sure.

Normally our test of faith comes with obeying God, is this a true statement?

For every person God has made a plan. He wants each of us to live in Him, and to be where He wants us to be in spirit, and in physical life.
Look at Matthew Last chapter the scripture says to Go in all the world and lo I am with you. But the question is for us to ask where to go. Why?

Have you ever gone somewhere without God's guidence?
Did you feel peace by going there, or did you feel confusion?
Would God send you in a covey of witches?
Probably not, but if He told you to go would you?

Here is something else. Have you ever drove in your car, and not ask the Lord to give you a safe journey?
Would that be trusting in God or in your self for the trip?

I truly think that we are not our own, we are blood bought people, we are born again by the blood of Jesus Christ. We must allow God to make discissions for us. It is so important not to take the Leadership of the Lord out of His hands.

Is it true that wifes are to submit to their husband, as the husband submits to Christ?
Then Christ is the leader of the family. And the husband and wife are partners. Right!
So why would it make since, that God wants us to make all our discissions without Him.
The bible says, you have not because you have asked not.
Another scripture says, Eye hath not seen nor ear heard what God has prepared for those who love Him.
So He has a plan, "prepared".

Do be sure you are doing the right thing in all that you do. Does God want me to do this? WWJD?
Am I bringing God into this choice, this discission?

Some matters to consider.

One - your husband has peace on the move, but you do not.
two - also you stated you are confused.

Although bibically you must be in agreement in such a life changing thing. This is true. You must agree with your husband, and he with you, on this move and both be at peace in this agreement. Why? Because that is marriage.
Otherwise it would be a house seperated against itself. It would be a dictatorship. Right, your husband rules! Or you rule! But God did not say that. God would not want your marriage to be at ought.

So is it God's plan to move?
Is it God's timing?
Pray to God for an answer this way.
God sell the house on November 1st, His will for you to move. And God do not sell the house His will not for us to move.
Can God do this?
Does God live in a box?
God is the creator?
Do we do this with our bills, do we trust God for the money? Do we trust God for healing? Do we trust God for salvation? So is there anything that God cannot do to prove Himself to us?
Does the bible state that if someone is searching for God, and truth, will He reveal Himself?
Does the bible say that if you ask God for anything in my name( Jesus Christ) He will do it?
Is God so busy that He cannot do something as simple as this?

I do not want to make your mind for these matters, but I would suggest to think these things over, with your husband.
Consider what I have written not for my sake.
But for yours, your family, most of all God's will for you.

Have you ever been out of God's will?

Regards
RevG

--------------------
Driven: Not by Nails,
But By HIS LOVE

Teens In The Midst Of Jesus
http://www.arkwebshost.com/ministries/revg

Posts: 27 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcofHIM
Advanced Member
Member # 503

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcofHIM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Susan for your insight, the reason I posted here. To get some good Chrisitan insight. I hadn't thought of it in that way. I think you're right on when you said don't try and make God make the choice for me. I guess in a way that is what I'm trying to do. I am just so afraid of going against His will for our lives!! My husband is very much at peace with the pending move and feels that this is what God wants us to do. It just may not be in the time frame we are thinking. After all God's timing is the only perfect timing!
Thanks for your response! [Big Grin]

Posts: 36 | From: DFW, TX | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susan
Advanced Member
Member # 131

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Susan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God never leaves doubt in you when He talks to you. No one can tell you if it was from God or not. But the receipient will know for sure. Could it have been coincidence? If you prayed about it and felt comfortable before the sermon, I would plan my move. If it's not God's will He wil tell you in no uncertain terms.

How do I know?
I'm an ordained minister and believe I have studied enough and prayed enough to know how God works with people.
Don't make the mistake of trying to make God make decisions FOR you. He wants you to make your own decision and always has.

I'm excited for you and your move. I know you will be happy near your children.

Posts: 141 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcofHIM
Advanced Member
Member # 503

Icon 19 posted      Profile for bcofHIM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, I am needing some advice, leading, and support. My husband & I are working on moving to SLC which will bring us 750 miles closer to his daughters (my stepdaughters). We are both very excited about this & we have told the girls what are intentions are!! They have always asked us to move to Denver, but cost of living is outrageous. Therefore, we are compromising by moving to SLC. Not to mention my husband & I are ready to move from where we are currently!!!

We put our home up for sale 4 weeks ago, & we have had good responses, so far. We even had an offer, but it fell through during negotiations. I am trying not to lose hope/faith!! It is just that so much rides on the sale of the home. We have lots of time to sale, but I'm an impatient person! : /

My husband has spoken to a few shops out there & both have said that he would be able to get a job w/ no problem, as long as he is good at what he does & knows what he is doing. Which by the way HE IS/DOES!! It just won't be in the size of a shop that he has been in. So, he has some prospects in the job area!

Being Christians, we have put this entire move into the Lord's hands, for His will to be done in our lives!! I/We have been praying diligently about this move! I have asked specifically for the Lord to make his will obvious to me/us.

Well, Sunday we are sitting in service & low & behold the sermon was about how to be content!! Okay, no big deal. NOT!!!! The first thing out of the pastor's mouth was, "Put down roots, stay where you're at and be content!!!" HELLO!! Was that to us or what?!?! My husband didn't take it as for us to stay here, but that it is a lesson for us to apply after we move!! BUT the pastor also said that we should avoid being "when and then" people. When I get/do this, Then I'll be content. Okay, that is exactly what we are doing!!! When we get to SLC, Then we'll apply this lesson of being content. I don't know I am so confused!!

What do you make of this? Is this my answer? Any help in direction would be much appreciated!!

Posts: 36 | From: DFW, TX | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement