Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » no $$$ no church!

Author Topic: no $$$ no church!
Sojourner
Advanced Member
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sojourner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Susan,

Perhaps you could let your foster mom know that not all churches are the same and share the story in the Bible about not showing favoritism to those who are more well-to-do told by Jesus. The people at that church were not following Jesus- they were flesh and blood gone astray. Also, it might be a good opportunity to get her out of catholicism and into a good Bible-teaching church that doesn't have false doctrine and heresies being propogated.

Posts: 276 | From: CA, U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susan
Advanced Member
Member # 131

Icon 20 posted      Profile for Susan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been resently reunited with a foster mom that cared for me when I was 7 yrs old.
She tells me that she will NOT go into a church ever again. Her reason is that many years ago she went to a Catholic church and they refused to let her sit in a pew unless she paid something into the dish!! She told them she had no money with her and they showed her the door!

My mouth is still gaping on this one.

Posts: 141 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement