Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Those who have not heard...

Author Topic: Those who have not heard...
art
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To simplify it, those in the old testament were saved by "looking forward" to the saviour to come and we are saved by "looking back" to the saviour who died on the cross for your sins and mine. Both ways require faith.
As far back as Gen 3:15 there was a promise of a saviour and when you read about all the blood of animals that was shed in the old testament, they were to show us that in order to pay for sin's debt, blood had to be shed. The shed blood of animals could not take away sin but these animals blood were all pointing to Christ who would shed His blood for the sins of the world.
No one ever has nor ever will be saved by keeping the mosaic law.
Jesus said " I am the way"------- He is the only way to God,and that way is the way of the cross.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris
Community Member
Member # 331

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry If I'm firing off too many questions too soon, but there's one thing I'm curious about...

What about those who have not been subject to the holy scriptures?

Take for instance, those who lived in Israel and died before Christ's birth...since they were unaware of Christ, but aware of the father, were they saved? I noticed the bible makes a reference to the Patriarchs being in Heaven-at least up to Moses-but I'm curious about the Israelites themselves. Were they justified by the Mosaic law?
Here's also the more tricky part--those in foreign lands-like America until 1492-who were not aware of the God of Israel or Jesus due to being 'cut off' from that part of the Earth by sea, and living a millenia and a half without any knowledge of Christendom(Although they followed their own Pagan Gods).
I suppose you can also put into this category children who die before attaining knowledge, and people with either sensual or mental impairment. I know, personally, that there are those with Autism and mental retardation who have had many problems grasping the scriptures (I've worked with some)....We know God is not fond of unbelievers, but what of those who never were able because missionaries or evangilests did not reach them?

Posts: 16 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement