Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » New here

Author Topic: New here
Jessie Nicole
Community Member
Member # 304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jessie Nicole     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh well--I had phonics, but higher education got the best of me....I still say "aint" but I don't say "funner" (my dad uses this word) or "More better". The times I talk most "southern" are when I'm just around friends. I'll say that I'm "Fixin' to do something" or "possum" instead of o'possum. You should here a guy from the west indies trying to say y'all...it's too funny. The real test of my accent comes on words like can and Dan. They come out sounding like "da--an" and "ca--an" My sister get's a kick out of that until I look at her and say "yeth" (she speaks with a slight lisp)

--------------------
Growing in Grace

Posts: 9 | From: GA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
4Hislove
Advanced Member
Member # 265

Icon 6 posted      Profile for 4Hislove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Smile] WELCOME TO THE BOARDS.... [WOW] I am from the south too, but not near as southern..I am in the BlueGrass State...KY. I hope you enjoy it here..I have, everyone here is great! [Big Clap]

--------------------
Your Sister In Christ,
Christine

Posts: 50 | From: Bloomfield, Ky. | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe Yawl is the fonetic spellin. [Laugh]
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie Nicole
Community Member
Member # 304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jessie Nicole     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, I've never seen it spelled "yawl" I type "y'all". [Big Grin] Erie, My pastor is from Tenessee. When Ga beat Tn, in football year before last (they won last year too, but we didn't do this) a friend of mine and I went to Walmart, bought red baloons with black strings, and a sympathy card that said "we are so sorry for your loss" and tied them to his mailbox. See, my pastor and his wife LOVE to see Tenessee play football. I'm not much of a football fan, but I like to joke around with my Pastor-hey, I learned from the best-my Poppa. [Big Grin] I love living in Ga. It's home.

--------------------
Growing in Grace

Posts: 9 | From: GA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Jessie Nicole, for the Black Hills of South Dakota here.

How are thing in the peach state of jawja? I a transplanted Florida cracker myself so if you type the word yawl, you will be perfectly understood here in south dakoti so dont worry! [Smile]

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susan
Advanced Member
Member # 131

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Susan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the board!
Happy to meet you. Hope you post lots here. You will like it here because there is always kindness and encouragement. I hae been here for a couple months and thoroughly enjoy it.

So, YeeeHaaa from Texas!

In God's Sweet Love.

Posts: 141 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie Nicole
Community Member
Member # 304

Icon 21 posted      Profile for Jessie Nicole     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone! I'm Jessie Nicole, I'm new here. and I'm a "Southern Belle" all the way from Ga. Yes, I have an accent, but it's not that noticeable until I'm not in the south anymore. No, I do not talk like Scarlett O'Hara (I have never said "fiddle dee dee"), and yes, I enjoy grits with butter and salt, not sugar. I'm a college student, and I'm studying to be a teacher. I love 4 and 5 year olds. That is probably my favorite age group because they're still sweet and fun. Guess that's all for now. If you want more info, just ask.
Go with God,
Jessie Nicole

--------------------
Growing in Grace

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement