Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR OPINION!!!! IT IS ABOUT MY DEPRESSION!!!

Author Topic: PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR OPINION!!!! IT IS ABOUT MY DEPRESSION!!!
Susan
Advanced Member
Member # 131

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Susan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good for YOU!!
That was great. There was only one think I noticed that you might concider.
You referred to the illness is "MY".
It's not yours my dear sweet sister. It's satan's.
I'm not saying you are possessed. You are not! You are a child of God, saved by the blood of Jesus!

Depression can be from many things. Childhood, chemical imbalance in the body, trauma. What it isn't is lack of faith.

Concider this: Moses was selected by God to lead the Israelits which includes speech making to them. Moses was speech impaired. Did God heal him of this so he could speak well and be understood? NO! God sent Moses brother, AAron with him to be his mouth. God doesn't heal EVERY illness. Sometimes we just have to remember HIS grace is sufficiant and HE has a reason for letting things be in disaaray for awhile.
Concider Job. God did not heal him right away either.
But one thing you must noticed. Neither accepted their demise as THEIRS. Moses did not say: MY SPEECH IMPEDIMENT. He simply said he was slow of tongue.Job did not claim the illnesses as his either.
They both trusted God to know if and when healing was to come to them.

I'm not saying God won't heal you from depression. He has done that and even greater things! I pray He WILL heal you in Jesus name!
But you have to stop thinking its yours. What you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.
Depression is a lie most of the time from satan.
When you feel the depression, stop in your tracks and force a smile and start SINGING a prayer to God.He looooves song! In fact I read in, correct me if I'm wrong, 1 Thesselonians that God sings to US!
I will have to search that out to be sure thats where it is.
Song will lift your spirits, especially if its to God.

I feel such an overwhelming peace suddenly as I type this too you. I know God is approving what I type here. Must be His typing...LOL.

Praise Him right now and THANK Him for your healing... yes, claim it as yours!
Makes me want to get up and shout out to Him and praise Him!
Your post got me all fired up over here....LOL.
THANK YOU for posting it.

I hope I helped here nd not hindered. I pray God will let it be a blessing to you right now and from here on out.

Most important, remember God loves you right where you are. When you hurt, He hurts too.
When you stop and just smile up at Him, He smiles back down at you! When you say," I love you", He says I love you too with an everlasting love. No depression can smother that.
Give it to God now. It's not yours.
Love you so much in Christ! [Big Clap]

Posts: 141 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
4Hislove
Advanced Member
Member # 265

Icon 5 posted      Profile for 4Hislove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone, I was wanting to see if you could give me your advice on what I wrote. This is a piece from my book I am writing about my depression...Tell me how you like it and if it makes since...I would greatly appreciate it...!!! Thanks in advance.

So now today, I look at several things. Things I have been wanting to get off my chest for a long while now. I have had it brought to my attention that it is very difficult for some people to believe that being a Christian as I am, that I could be so depressed. Others
have said, If you believe in God, why are you going to a Dr. ? Why are you taking medication for this? Why not put all your faith in
God? These people wonder where my faith is, and how I can be so down, so depressed and feel so hopeless. Still others have asked me, if I have been saved. So, after long hard thoughts about this,and wondering why people are in no certain terms, questioning my beliefs and faith. And that basically I am being challenged as to rather my faith is true...I began seeing that these people simply don’t understand me. They don’t know how depression can effect a person. What most truly don’t see is the fact, that I have an illness,
just as someone with cancer, leukemia, or aides. I began to wonder..What is it that is making me so different? So far my answer is...Nothing. Nothing is making me any different from the person next to me that might have aides from a transfusion, or the customer I spoke with who has cancer in her liver, or even a friends son who might have leukemia. I have that same faith in God that everyone else has. With this, I decided to research the definition of being saved. My personal definition might be different, since I am hearing all this stuff about my depression.
Are you saved? This is a question that I have often been asked! Well, My question to them was, "What is your Definition of Saved?"
If you mean that I accept Christ as my savior, than the answer is Yes. If you mean do I believe in God and that he sent his only begotten son to Die for Us and our Sins, than Yes. But I wanted to find out, what the true definition of Saved was. Just to confirm my own insecurities, and thoughts on the subject. So I looked up the definition in my Christian Dictionary (of which I
highly recommend if you don't have one).

SAVED ------ To be Redeemed from the bondage of sin by the blood of Christ into everlasting life. This is the sum total of benefits bestowed on believers by God and the full range of divine activity encompassing justification, redemption, reconciliation, regeneration, sanctification and finally glorification. It is a gift of God and is entirely wrapped up in the person of Jesus Christ.

So now I have the dictionarys definition, I thought to myself that this was not enough. I wanted to know what God himself says on
the subject. What is it that Jesus, told his deciples about being saved? So, I look in the bible, and I found my answer. I found what
I was truely needing to hear and read.

Romans 10-13

Ro:10: That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the
dead, thou shalt be saved.
Ro:10:10: For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Ro:10:11: For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth in him shall not be ashamed.
Ro:10:12: For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile---the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him.
Ro:10:13: For Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be SAVED.

So I found my answer for this question "ARE YOU SAVED?"
I know longer have to ponder rather I truly am or not, because I know what the bible says, what my heart said and what the Christian Dictionary said.

Yes, I am saved...I have a tremindous faith in God our father and his only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, who died for me, who died for you, who died for us all and saved us from our sins. My faith in Christ is why I am not dead from my own hands. My faith is what drove me to talk to you, my friends, my family and anyone who was willing to listen. My faith in Christ, is what has kept me
from being worse than I could be with this illness. What struck me in my heart on this subject is that because this is an illness, as a human I went through the same stages as anyone with cancer, or aides or leukemia would have gone through. Any human with any illness is going to go through some very tough storms, and some very deep depressions. For me, I went through years of abuse, both physical and verbal, rape, 16-18 surgeries, and much more. All of this was bottled up, and then exploded into a chemical imbalance and created my depression, my illness. My faith is here, I am a strong and true Christian. I don’t profess to be a Godly person whom is totally free of sin, illness, or any other human flaw. I am a person, just like any other. I am no different, We shouldn’t live our lives by the comments of others and yet we find ourselve doing so each and everyday. And as of now, I am just as guilty, of caring about what others think of me.

--------------------
Your Sister In Christ,
Christine

Posts: 50 | From: Bloomfield, Ky. | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement