Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Huamanism

Author Topic: Huamanism
4Hislove
Advanced Member
Member # 265

Icon 21 posted      Profile for 4Hislove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[spiny] I just wanted to say welcome. I too and rather new to the group. I will have to read that book you are talking about before I could reply and know what I am say. But it sound pretty interesting. [Cross]

--------------------
Your Sister In Christ,
Christine

Posts: 50 | From: Bloomfield, Ky. | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Kyle:

Welcome to the board!

The religion of humanism has been here and practiced in one form or another since before the flood, and perhaps if we really consider it back to oringinal sin.

As I look at the problems of the world today and the problems within the so called church, it seems to me that it all comes back to humanism which is exhaultation of man or humantiy to the level of God.

The problem is we only recognize it in its extreme forms. We can see it in the blatant claims of the like of John Dewey:

John Dewey, 1859-1952
Dewey is considered the father of modern public education. He wrote:
"What the church has been for medieval man, the public school must become for democratic and rational man. God would be replaced by the concept of the public good." "...the traditional approach in which the tools of learning [reading, writing, and arithmetic] were first mastered was not appropriate for the new age of social consciousness." "...apart from the thought of participation in social life, the school has no end or aim." "There is no God and there is no soul. Hence, there are no needs for the props of traditional religion. With dogma and creed excluded, then immutable truth is also dead and buried. There is no room for fixed, natural law or moral absolutes."

But can we recognize it in our own lives in the samll details like the father who consumed with his responsibility and his growing families desires for a more affluent lifesyle, seeks not God and his wisdom to the problem, but a second or third job at the neglect and expense of the family he loves?

Or even harder... can we recognize it in embracing the pharmeceutical industry and it's solutions to the physical ills, aches, pains and diseases of society rather than the Word or God?

Humanism is a religion... it is the religion of the anitchrist and it has been here for a long long time.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
art
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Kyle
It is a very sad situation in the school system today and I'm not sure whether we can stop it." But evil men.. shall wax worse and worse". We are in the last days and judgement is soon to fall. We are similar to the days of Noah and the flood soon came and destroyed them all, we are similar to the days of Sodom and Gommorah, and we know about its destruction.
However , believers must be faithful, do what we can, be on our knees and home school our children.
Read 1 john 2:15-17

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kyle
unregistered

Icon 20 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone,
I am new to this bbs and would like to say that I think this place is really cool.
One topic that I would like to discuss is humanism in our schools. I recently read Tim Lahaye's book called Mindsiege. A lot of the information in that book was new news to me and very disturbing. I had no idea that our education system had such a strong humanist base. Evolution, banned prayer, sexual education, free condoms, and all the other garbage that is pushed on our children is unbelievable. How is it that we have let them get away with this for so long? Anyone have any suggestions on what we can do to bring a balance back to our children's education? I have a 2 year old and am worried sick about what to do when he starts school. It looks like the only option is to home school. Anyway, thanks for the chance to rant and I hope to hear from some of you soon.
Kyle

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement