Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Computer Viruses

Author Topic: Computer Viruses
AhmaBeliever
Advanced Member
Member # 43

Icon 4 posted      Profile for AhmaBeliever   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last week I removed the KLEZ virus 5 times from customers computers . [help] [help] Go to Symantec Security Response - w32.klez.removal.tool

To obtain the KLEZ removal tool . It only works when running in safe mode. And you need to disable System Restore in Windows ME , Windows 2000 and XP .

Most antiVirus programs can Not remove it , even if they are updated . It is a pretty nasty virus [mad2] .

--------------------
John 14:27
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Posts: 81 | From: Georgetown , Kentucky | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
art
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess macafee is running "all" the time on our puter and my wife has seen some email virus warnings but I musta missed the excitement. Poor me.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Barry is right; I am not familiar with Macaffee; I use Norton, but it runs all the time; it does not let any email come in or go out of my computer without scanning it first; if it finds a virus in an incoming email it lets me destroy it before it gets into my computer from the server.

Windows XP also allows a firewall to be set up, but I have not used it. Does anybody know about the Windows firewall? Is it reliable?

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 2 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i would get a firewall also folks, you can go to :

Zone Lab and get free download software that will put a fire wall to protect your computer. The basic program is free, Zone Lab Pro with more "bells ans Whitsles" cost some.. I have updated McAfee Deluxe on my computer.

To stop emails art you must have it running all the time, and it can cause it to slow your computer just a tad ..

Barry

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
art
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Help
I have Macafee virus scan and supposedly its working but how would I know if a virus tried to get in? When I double click the icon it says 3003 files scanned but does not tell me if anything tried to get in. I am running the latest virus scan but never hear tweet from it. It makes me think that it is not working.
Why can't a box pop up and say: "YOU HAD 3 VIRUS'S TODAY BUT WE GOT RID OF THEM" OR "INCOMING VIRUS, WE WILL DESTROY IT FOR YOU" [Confused]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 11 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't know where to put this, but felt I needed to put it somewhere. In the last 2 days, my virus software has stopped 5 emails to the Linda@helpforhomeschoolers.com email address. I cannot imagine what might have happened as all 5 of these viruses were of the kind that get into your address book and spread themselves to people in your email address book randomly and without your knowing it.

I am blessed because I have software that scans everthing coming into my computer and going out, and I have live update, so I am always current on the latest virus definitions.

But I know many who have nothing or have stagnanat programs that do not update regularly.

I personally feel this is an attack on my ministry and my computer which I use in my ministry, as do many of you. So please pray for me, and also if you do not have virus protection get it!

I just thought you might well be warned there is a lot of evil going on out there!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement