Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » General Discussion   » Avatar Images!

Author Topic: Avatar Images!
Matt
Advanced Member
Member # 853

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just testing mine! [eek] [Big Grin] [dunce]
Posts: 23 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
art
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh Gary
I've noticed that your avatar image disappears sometime and I don't know why. Somebody more experienced than myself will have to figure it out.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
art
unregistered

Yeah, I done it.
Thought the bible went well with Wycliffes mission.

Gary
Advanced Member
Member # 523

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Gary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Art,

Are you responsible for the open Bible in my signature now? It's really neat!

This is very much the image I wish to project.

I think I may forget about my plans for a new avatar that I was talking about a few posts ago. I like this!

Gary

--------------------
"For the wages of sin is death,
but the free gift of God is eternal life
in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 6:23 NASB

Posts: 436 | From: Mankato, Minnesota | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
art
unregistered

They will probably send you a Bic razor and call you Johnny. [Big Grin]
Gary
Advanced Member
Member # 523

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Gary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhh! Good show, old chap!

I've already changed my avatar on my other board to this one, too.

One question: Do you think this will affect how people look at me?

[Rolling]

Gary

--------------------

Posts: 436 | From: Mankato, Minnesota | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gary
Advanced Member
Member # 523

Icon 21 posted      Profile for Gary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Art! I like it! I think it's cool!

Can you make THAT my avatar instead of the other one? I'd appreciate it.

(Give him a shave and he looks even more like me than the other one!)

Gary

--------------------

art
unregistered

Heh Gary
I added a little something to your signature, if you do not like it, take it away. I just found your Wycliffe avatar image on the internet using google search. [thumbsup]

Gary
Advanced Member
Member # 523

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Gary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmmm.....

Sunday evening, no avatar yet.

Well, I guess I'll go back to my old one for now. I have a new one in the works, and hopefully in a few days I'll be able to use that one. Art, I hope you'll like it as well as you liked my late, great picture of John Wycliffe.

Gary

--------------------

Gary
Advanced Member
Member # 523

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's been a busy day, and tomorrow will be another busy day with my youngest daughter's 11th birthday. I'm tired, so I'm going to retire for the evening, and I'll check back on this situation sometime tomorrow, maybe tomorrow evening.

Have a good Lord's day.
Gary

--------------------

Gary
Advanced Member
Member # 523

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Gary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I checked my profile, all I saw was a blank space where my avatar was supposed to be.

Hmmm...must be vandals around here! [eek]

Gary

--------------------

art
unregistered

Yes Gary
I too was wondering what happened to your avatar. I really liked it.

Gary
Advanced Member
Member # 523

Icon 20 posted      Profile for Gary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
uh-oh!

My avatar seems to have disappeared. [Confused]

Any idea what happened to it? Kindgo, did you misplace it? [Wink]

I see it's still on my other board, so it hasn't disappeared from the internet.

Gary [uhoh]

--------------------

art
unregistered

I guess GWB bought a new hat so I see he threw back your old one.Soak it under the tap, it should shrink up a little.
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by art:
heh mac
Where is your cowboy hat??

GWB took it because it was to big for me.. [Laugh]

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gary
Advanced Member
Member # 523

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah! Thanks, Kindgo! That was quick!

Glad you like it, Art. Take off the cap and give him a shave, put on some glasses, and it looks sort of like me. [Big Grin]

I've been using the picture of John Wycliffe for some time now. It's my way of honoring him and those like him, who stood up for their belief that the common people should have the scriptures in their own language. I believe we owe a great debt of gratitude to Wycliffe, Tyndale, and others, without whom we everyday people would be unable to read the Bible, and possibly would never come to know the Lord Jesus Christ.

In Christ,
Gary

--------------------

art
unregistered

Heh John ,er I mean Gary
I see you have your new avatar image, good going, I like it.

John Wycliffe lived almost 200 years before the Reformation, but his beliefs and teachings closely match those of Luther, Calvin and other Reformers. As a man ahead of his time, historians have called Wycliffe the "Morning star of the Reformation."

Born in the 1300s, Wycliffe criticized abuses and false teachings in the Church. In 1382 he translated an English Bible--the first European translation done in over 1,000 years. The Lollards, itinerant preachers he sent throughout England, inspired a spiritual revolution.

But the Lollardy movement was short-lived. The Church expelled Wycliffe from his teaching position at Oxford, and 44 years after he died, the Pope ordered his bones exhumed and burned. Intense persecution stamped out his followers and teachings. It would be hundreds of years before men like Martin Luther resurrected the reforms of which Wycliffe dreamed.

art
unregistered

heh mac
Where is your cowboy hat??

Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it was there a year ago but is not there no more, that is why I picked
“Radically Saved” [Big Grin] [Laugh] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gary please send me the the address of the avatar
you want to use I will try to fix it for you [thumbsup]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gary
Advanced Member
Member # 523

Well, thanks so much for the help, Kindgo and Art, however, following the procedures carefully, I see no custom avatar URL box at the bottom, top, or middle of any page, so I guess I'm outa luck.

I'm using a PC with Explorer, and everything else seems to be as it should be.

Not that I don't like the avatar I'm using now, it's a nice avatar. But I like my other one better. And I like to be consistent.

Any more suggestions?

Gary

--------------------

art
unregistered

Yep NJ
Your avatar image looks just like you.
[Big Grin]

njclary
unregistered

Well I looked through all the avatars, looked again and I realized, my tiger looks JUST like me. 'cute as a button' and it is probably my type of personality too!

So I'll leave it. The others do look cool though.

God Bless

Joel

art
unregistered

Here is the procedure:

Click "my Profile".
Click "view/update profile" .
Click "Select a different avatar image"
There you will see all the samples but on the bottom there is an address box called the custom url box.
Insert you address in this box including the http:// the address, and whether it is Jpg or gif.
click "set url"
click "select this avatar"
Then on your profile page you must scroll to the bottom and Click " update Profile".
If you did this correctly, it will appear the next time you make a post.

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gary did you click on here » View/Update Profile « after you were in your profile?

We do not have any time limit, so let us know if we can help you. [Kiss]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gary
Advanced Member
Member # 523

I went to my profile, but I couldn't find anyplace to put the URL.

Is it because I haven't been here long enough? I know some boards limit your choice of avatars until you've posted a certain number of times.

What should I do?

Gary

--------------------

art
unregistered

Gary,
Try your avatar, if it is too big , it probably won't work. The biggest I've seen here is Thunderz who has a sword some 3 inches high.

Gary
Advanced Member
Member # 523

What are the size requirements for avatars here? I have one I use on another board, but I'm afraid it's too big to use here.

Gary

--------------------

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Robby, let me see if I can help you.

Find the avatar you like right click on it,
go to properites, now copy that address that you see. Now bring it back and paste it in the avatar address bar, you know the one in your profile. Or send me the link where the avatar is and I will fix it up for you. [thumbsup]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Robby
Advanced Member
Member # 448

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do you attach an avatar that is not among the listed avatars? For example, Kindgo has the Jewish star with a dove and that one's not among the different avatar images. Or do you absolutely have to send any request to David?
Posts: 364 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Waterdog
Advanced Member
Member # 24

Icon 21 posted      Profile for Waterdog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay! Avatars! How cool!

--------------------
So let us go forth to Him outside the camp (Heb 13:11-14)
 -  -

Posts: 374 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God is so good to us.. [Smile]

Thankyou David for everyones tireless efforts :0

We really like the new board, and its growing at a grand rate too.. [Smile]

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The board is absolutly fantastic, and I was thrilled to see the avatars,(just could not find one for a grumpy 'ol man). [Big Grin]

Great work and a super site. May God bless.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey David! I love the new board! And now we have avatars too! Yes God is good! [Big Grin]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Ark Webs Staff
unregistered

Icon 2 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everyone can now use the Avatar Images!

Just go to your profile and pick the one you like.

Your profile - Click Here

If you have a Christian image or family friendly image you would like us to post, just send it to us at david@arkwebs.com

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement