Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » The Valley of the Shadow

Author Topic: The Valley of the Shadow
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He had another abscess removed and is back home. In alot of pain but God is helping him.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He started bleeding today and I had to take him back to emergency room. Surgery will be done Monday or Tuesday. He has another abscess.
Thank you for your prayers.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

He came home last night and they are going to do the surgery in two weeks.
betty

--------------------

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adding heart and prayers.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Hubby in hospital again with bad infection in surgery site from March.
Thank you for praying for him.
betty

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

We accidentally missed the appointment today. It was my fault. They have rescheduled it for Aug 22. I was upset about it, but like my mom said, God has a reason. Praying for you, Jamey.
betty

--------------------

jamey_rae
Member # 8745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jamey_rae     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to know things are improving so much, Betty [Wink] I will still continue to pray though, as there are still exsisting health concerns, and prayer for the Devil to back off, in the name of Jesus. At times when I'm praying, I'll get side-tracked and start thinking of smoething completely different, and at times, the thoughts are pretty sinful. The second I realize it, I tell Satan to leave my presence in the name of Jesus, say sorry to God, and continue. So sometimes it just needs to be said aloud for it to happen [Smile]

--------------------
--The Dinkenator

Posts: 5 | From: Santa Cruz, CA | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Thank you Jamey. I appreciate your prayers. Hubby did have the surgery. Plus,he was going back to the VA every Friday for a three weeks having abscesses cut out in the doctor's office. Things are better in many ways but still health issues. Hubby sees neurologist today for issues from a past stroke.
I believe the devil is working overtime because, he knows that Jesus is coming back.
betty

--------------------

jamey_rae
Member # 8745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jamey_rae     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty, wow. Seems that everything you are facing is getting more and more difficult to deal with because they continue to multiply. I'm glad I read it all, though, so one more person can pray for you. I know personally what you're going through, as an older friend of mine I used to live with was extremelly ill, and we converted the living room into a hospital room. She too, grew confused, not knowing where she was or who some of us were at times. Her deteration mentally and physically was heart-wrenching. At the same time, my live-in girlfriend was having a LOT of emotional, mental, and physical problems that were very difficult to deal with. However, after time and a LOT of prayer, things did work out for everyone. My friend is now no longer in pain, but looking down and watching over us, though she is missed down here. My girlfriend is still with us, and doing very, very well. So please know that you aren't alone in what you're dealing with, and I'll be praying for you and your family.

--------------------
--The Dinkenator

Posts: 5 | From: Santa Cruz, CA | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Mom is living with us. We have turned our living room into a hospital room. It has been a huge adjustment on family. Last Friday she was transferred from ambulance to my house. That same day my husband had to go to emergency room. He has to stay in bed for two weeks. If he doesn't heal, he faces major surgery. He can go to the bath room. My mom can't walk at all. So I have basically two bed patients to take care of at the same time.
betty

--------------------

crixus
Advanced Member
Member # 8527

Icon 16 posted      Profile for crixus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank's for posting Psalm 23.

--------------------
Keepin' the faith!

Posts: 26 | From: California | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

thank you Drew. She is getting confused and is angry alot of times because she doesn't understand sometimes that what she thinks is true is not true.
I am praying every day that God will either heal her or take her to Heaven.
betty

--------------------

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God bless you (((((((Sis)))));

I had posted this prayer earlier, and just posted it again on my facebook page:

Dear Heavenly Father our hearts are burdened and hurting for each of those dear ones in need. Dear Lord we pray that You would envelope each precious one with Your love, and minister healing, comfort, peace, blessings, and an ever deepening measure of faith. For those who are lost we pray that hearts would be opened to Your Cross of Calvary, and salvation through faith alone in Christ alone. We praise You Father for Your guidance and leading, Your glory and might, Your perfect will and eternal love for Your precious children. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

thank you Drew. I need this now. My mom is in a nursing home to recover from a broken pelvis but she has so many health problems that she cries and prayers for Jesus to take her home. I know she wants to go to Heaven it is going to be so hard.
betty

--------------------

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure wishing that I had the ability with a few brief phrases or turn of word to remove the pain and lighten the valley of darkness for others. Pain is a part of life, and as we go through more and more of life, we find more pain and many wounds. If we can place our pain along with our faith and trust, in the nail-scarred Hands of Christ, the comfort and pain-relief comes quicker, and the healing sooner.

Psalm 23:
23:1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

23:2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

23:3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

23:5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement