Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Pray like you mean it pray like you believe it

Author Topic: Pray like you mean it pray like you believe it
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Faith Like Potatoes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r6TA1hP7tU

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Hale
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God delights in answering prayers of faith.

Set aside doubt... worry... concern that just because you said in the name of Jesus nothing might happen and you will look foolish to spectators.

First of all that's not praying with right motives. That's a reverse form of praying to be seen by men. Pray that God can show himself miraculous and victorious...

When the San Diego Chargers backed into the Super Bowl in 1995, I knew with all my heart it would happen before the sudden death field goal was kicked...

On the side lines several players huddled in prayer. One commentator for the game said "San Diego is leaving no stone unturned." The other commentator said "Well today is the birthday of the Steeler's Quarterback's mother... so this field goal attempt is between her and God..."

Before the kick was even made I said to my wife sitting next to me, "My God, we are going to the Super Bowl!"

And we did.

That's how to pray. That's what prayer is about... God showing himself to a people who need him more than they realize, but who have the ability to doubt and deny and be skeptical...

There is more t prayer than just this aspect, but we ought to be bold (first we must deal with our own doubts)...

Maybe there is a God and maybe Jesus is really his Son and maybe he is the only way... we all have doubts from time to time but this namby pamby theology is not a true faith in anything.

I know God is real and Jesus is Lord and the only way to life... more than I know the sun will rise or that this computer is real etc.

Want to know how to get this certain?

Study the Bible with a vengeance and take only God's word for it be on God's side... do not let the traditions of man cloud your understanding of the Bible... sometimes even the Church clouds the waters of understanding with traditions about pet doctrines... chunk it. Believe the Bible because as sacred as God's name is... looky what God did...

Psalm 138:2
2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

Then pray boldly...

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement