Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Suicide Alert

Author Topic: Suicide Alert
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God bless you Sis;

Your heart and prayer is a true blessing. I have a deep sadness for the waste and human tragedy, and this is a reminder that we are living in a war zone. For myself I have found that one goes into clinical mode, and whatever needs to be done we do.

The next day there were two small pieces of a broken cane pole, in front of where her car had been parked. The longer piece was leaning against a rock, the shorter laying on the rock, and from my angle they formed a cross. I picked them up, wrapped them with string and formed a cross. I waded through the tall grass to the high dirt bank above the scene and stuck the cross in the dirt.

We are in a war-zone and the enemy is real. Once the person dies all that they truly were has departed, and only physical science remains to be dealt with by those who remain.

It makes no difference what we have to face in this life NOTHING can separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 8:
37: Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38: For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39: Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I have much to be thankful for in this case.

It was this big ugly feller that found her and not a family with young children.

She was in a location to be found and though the valley is very deep and dark, the family will be able to have closure.

The personal effects and the girl were found quickly, and treated with compassion and respect by all involved.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
praying. Years ago in Houston we had 3 or 4 couples at one high school commit suicide. The city was very upset. Happy to pray for your town.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God bless you;

This past week there have been 4 suicides in our area, by children ranging in age from 19 to 27. A 26 year-old girl came out to our spillway on Mon., and shot herself with a .22. Her vehicle caught my attention and after notifying the authorities we began a search of our rough-boulder area. I found the girl about 9:45 PM, and we did an extrication and removal from the rocks.

May we be in prayer for each of their families, and for all the young people who turn inward and lose sight of tomorrow. May their hearts be opened to Christ and the Gospel received. In Jesus' name.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement