Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » A prayer for Catherine...Matthew 19:13,14

Author Topic: A prayer for Catherine...Matthew 19:13,14
lonlesol
Advanced Member
Member # 4511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lonlesol   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is soooo hard to just sit, pray and wait...
I may have done a bad thing, I sure hope not... [Frown]

On June 8th, I went to see my daughter at her school...when I got out from my work place that morning, I saw the buses, which in one of them she is in every morning, pass by on the street...For a second, I had this incredible urge...I got in my truck and followed the buses...when I reached the school, I tried to find her but I couldn't...I went in and asked for her at the reception...

We talked for about an hour...it was hard, she was soooo arrogant...but I just had to see her that morning, she wouldn't come to me!...

And now this coming Friday, June 29th, she and her father will be moving to Lavaltrie...two hours away from where I live...

I just bought our house a few months ago, I bought his share of it...I hoped that she would come back to live with me again...she often told me throughout the years that she wanted to stay in this city we live in, she didn't want to loose her friends...I trusted her...but now she is leaving anyways...I don't know what to do...

I love my job in this city and I feel that I can't leave this place, the people I work for depend on me...those people are old, some are very sick...I can't let them down!...

I have at least one good news...she told me that she no longer speaks to my husband's mother and his sister...which is a good thing, they proved of being a bad influence on her...but she wouldn't tell me why she won't speak to them anymore...

Please keep my daughter in your prayers for a little longer...please... [Frown] [Prayer]

I am doing all I can to be a good Christian but it doesn't seem to be good enough... [Frown]

Posts: 478 | From: Quebec | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catseye
Member # 6590

Icon 1 posted      Profile for catseye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Father God, send laborers into the field to harvest your dear daughter, and help and encourage this dear mother.

--------------------
All things considered-my favorite people are cats...

Posts: 4 | From: Western Maryland USA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lonlesol
Advanced Member
Member # 4511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lonlesol   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found out a few days ago that they will be moving at the end of June, at least two hours away from my house, and closer to his mother's house...it will make things more difficult for my daughter and I to see each other...I am slowly losing hope that I will ever see her again... [Frown]
Posts: 478 | From: Quebec | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lonlesol
Advanced Member
Member # 4511

I just noticed that I wrote my first post on the day of my birthday...when I got home after work that evening, I found those flowers that she left me on my door step...two weeks later, I found the card that flew away between two trash cans because of the wind...

I translated what the card says...
It says:

To a Mother that is most loved
A nice souvenir

(there is a little plastic card glued to the card and it says)

I love you for your big heart,
I love you for your smile,
and for your tenderness,
I love you for your good advices
and the way that you have to understand my inner soul.
I love you, mom,
for everything that you are.

Inside the card, she wrote:

Hello my beautiful mom
I have thought about you
I wanted to give you
those few flowers
and tell you that I love you.

Big kisses, Happy Mother's Day,
Catherine
-xxx-

If she really meant what she wrote and chose this card because of what is written on it, then why doesn't she come to see me and tell me in person?!?!?!?????...
Somehow, it makes no sense to me that she would give me a card like this one and never give me the time of day!...
Why did she leave so suddenly with him, with a smile on her face????????
Can't she realize how much this is torturing me??????????...
When I choose a card, I always read what it says and it has to say what I wish to say to the person...if the card doesn't say what I wish to say, then I look for another one until I find the perfect words...
Did she just grab this one, or did she mean what it says??????...

lonlesol
Advanced Member
Member # 4511

It will be one year in a few days that my daughter left with my soon to be ex-husband (her father)...I haven't seen her since last October...she did however leave me some flowers on my door step for my birthday which was two days before Mother's Day of this year...I am aware that this is a step but I am still praying and hoping that my daughter will come back home to stay... [Prayer]
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hang in there and don't stop praying. I prayed for 15 yrs before hubbby got saved and 5 years for son to get saved, but God is faithful. It is not that God did not hear my prayers, but He gives people freedom of choice. He will not save people against their will, but we pray that God will soften their hearts towards hearing the voice of the Holy Spirit. My hubby has been saved 12 yrs and my son 4.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IAAFOTL
Advanced Member
Member # 6414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IAAFOTL   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stand in faith nothing wavering. Ask of the Lord and expect to receive. Surely if you ask Him for bread He will not give you a stone. How much more so will He do, by request of His daughter for a soul that He died for and is His will to save?

Train up a child in the way that they should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.
Proverbs 22:6

As a mother of three grown children, I can relate to your pain as I have watched my children go the way of the prodigal and it is painful to see, however, I have also watched them return unto the Lord!

So, be encouraged and ask in full expectation and see the Salvation of the Lord!

God bless you!

--------------------
Study to show yourself approved, a workman unto God who needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth. 2 Timothy 2:15
_ ____ _
My screen name stands for "I am a Friend of The Lord's"

Posts: 64 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Father bless this mother with the desire of her heart, she has confessed her failing and i can bear witness to failing myself trying to raise my children, i agree with all that will agree with this mother for the salvation of her daughter Catherine, draw Catherine by your Spirit, show her your great love.

In Yeshua wonderful name

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Good NewsforAll
Advanced Member
Member # 6156

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Good NewsforAll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying that Catherine will come to know the Lord in a very personal way.

--------------------
The Pharisees tell us what not to do. Jesus tells us what to do.
Romans 10:15 As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

Posts: 400 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lonlesol
Advanced Member
Member # 4511

''Then little children were brought to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked those who brought them. Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."...Matthew 19:13,14

I understand that I must let the Lord work on my daughter's heart. I have done all that I could but it obviously wasn't good enough. All I can do now is let her go and pray for her salvation...therefore, I am asking You Father, to take care of my daughter Catherine...Please protect her from evil. I have always tried to protect her but I see now that it was wrong...I am truly sorry, I was trying to do it my way which wasn't Your way...

In Jesus' name, I pray
Amen

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement