Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Bandit and family needs prayer support!

Author Topic: Bandit and family needs prayer support!
kllane
Advanced Member
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kllane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bandit, good to here from you again. I'm sorry you are having to go through so much physical pain. I am keeping you in my prayers, may God comfort you in all he is requiring of you and may he grant you complete healing.
Love your sister in Christ, Kathy [hug]

Posts: 35 | From: texas | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too am praying for you Bandit. It must be really hard to go thru. I pray the Lord walks with you every step of the way.

I too must go in tommorow to have skin cancer removed. But its not nearly as troubling as what you are going thru. When the Dr. says the word cancer it is so very scary. But praise God we know the Great Physician and His eye is continually upon us.

Take care and let us know how things progress. Be blessed

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will keep praying.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bandit
Advanced Member
Member # 3643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bandit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for asking Kindgo; I am doing fine. And thanks to all who have remembered me in prayer. Last weekend was a tough weekend. I had just gone through my 4th chemo. This weekend is much better. I have 2 more chemos to go. I'm not looking forward to them (the nausea is a real battle) but I will be glad to be done. The doc wants to do a kitty-kitty cat scan on April 3rd to see if there is any detectable cancer left. Let's all pray there is none, and that it doesn't come back any time soon.

I will be in touch,
Bandit

Posts: 113 | From: Melbourne, Florida | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How you doing brother? Remembering you to the Lord, I keep you in my prayers... [hug]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kllane
Advanced Member
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kllane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bandit
It's been awhile sense I've visited the board, so I went back to your original post and read up to today Praise God for all he is doing for you in this trial. I can here your spirit as he lifts you high above all that is here on this earth. I am praying that God will give you comfort in all that you are going thru, and that you gain strength quickley and most of all for your complete healing.
Your sister in Christ Kathy [hug]

Posts: 35 | From: texas | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian3
Advanced Member
Member # 6417

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brian3   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still in prayer for this situation!

--------------------
I have been crucified with Christ,and I no longer live,but Christ lives in me. Galatians 2:20

Posts: 63 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am happy to pray for you.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bandit
Advanced Member
Member # 3643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bandit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all,

I go in for round 4 tomorrow, Thursday, and Friday. The nausea is a real problem for me. Please pray that I am able to make it through this treatment without being as sick as I was last time.

Bandit

Posts: 113 | From: Melbourne, Florida | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian3
Advanced Member
Member # 6417

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Brian3   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying!!

--------------------
I have been crucified with Christ,and I no longer live,but Christ lives in me. Galatians 2:20

Posts: 63 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vizionary
Community Member
Member # 6271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vizionary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yah Shua Messiah
Adonay Eternal I AM
Creator Saviour

--------------------
Yahshua HaMashiach

Posts: 17 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing [this], that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have [her] perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. (James chapter 1)

Hey Brother [type]

Feed your faith and starve your doubts to death.

My wife and I faced cancer of the kidneys (whelms tumor) in our oldest daughter 35 years ago. We learned many thing in that time and through the years that have followed.

The most important thing we have learned is that all things happen to the child of Yahweh because he is maturing us.

Our daughter was healed of cancer, I excepted Christ (Yeshua) as my savior through the experience of my daughters cancer. (it wasn’t her healing that was important but the reveling of the glory of Yahweh that was important)

I have learn as the scripture says, all things are for the Glory of Yahweh that take place in His children’s lives when we are called according to His purposes.

To live is Christ, to die is gain.

My prayers are with you and your family.

My hope is that Yahweh will be glorified in your life or death.

Let the words of your mouth agree with Yahweh…

“By His stripes I am healed”

Believe those words, they are Truth and Truth is life.

Agree with Yahweh

Remember the story of the 12 spies

The report the 10 came back with only saw how big the enemy was….

2 (Joshua and Caleb) came back also saw how big the enemy was but more important they remember the size of their God “He is able”

Trails of our faith are how we grow.

David had the trail of fighting a lion and a bear long before he came against the giant Goliath.

Your faith is being tested…

Life and death are in the power of your tongue…

Doubt and unbelief are your enemies , remember Mat 13:58 And he did not many mighty works there because of their unbelief.

But also remember the words of Job…..

Job 13:15 Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

still praying for you, brother.
betty

--------------------

Bandit
Advanced Member
Member # 3643

quote:
Originally posted by vizionary:
Once again I am praying OUR FATHER for complete healing. Blessings

Thank you, vizionary and all for your prayers. I did finish the 3rd round of chemo last Friday. That is really hard stuff. My heart goes out to all those who must go through similar treatments. We all face trials of some kind, and for now this is one of mine (but not my only one). I am resolved to keep my faith strong through whatever comes. So thanks be to each of you who has offed a prayer in my name. God does answer prayer.

Sincerely,
Bandit

vizionary
Community Member
Member # 6271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vizionary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Once again I am praying OUR FATHER for complete healing. Blessings

--------------------
Yahshua HaMashiach

Posts: 17 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bandit
Advanced Member
Member # 3643

Thank you Evangelist Smith and all,

I do appreciate every prayer. I am doing very well right now, but I start chemo round 3 next Wednesday. Last time (round 2) I got violently ill. I really hate the stuff but the alternative is not good either.

Hey kllane (Kathy), because of my illness I have been learning about nutitional medicine. Perhaps your dad would benefit from the right nutitional supplements. A book I am reading which I would recommend to all (healthy or not) is "What your doctor doesn't know about nutitional medicine may be killing you", by Ray Strand, MD. I could go into more detail but won't unless I'm asked, but everyone needs to learn more about this topic.

May God be with you all as you continue to seek His will.

Bandit

Evangelist Smith
Community Member
Member # 6373

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Evangelist Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gracious Heavenly Father I come to you today lifting up our precious brother in Christ and thanking you for the work that you have already done in the shrinking of these tumors, and Lord I ask that you continue to all are completely gone and that they would never return again, Lord that you would restore to him good health ,bless him , his family and all who know and love him, comfort strengthen and encourage each heart , do all that needs to be done , we commit it to you in Christ's name amen and amen

--------------------
In Christ's Service
Evangelist Smith

Posts: 18 | From: NC | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kllane
Advanced Member
Member # 6275

Bandit,
Thanks for asking. The tests came back negative for the lymphoma. Although the doctors still cannot tell us what is causing the loss of red blood cells. My dad goes in 3 times a week for blood and iron tring to keep the red blood cell count up untill they figure it out. Still trusting in God and his mercy on my father. Also keeping you in prayer for all your needs both physical and spiritual.
Sister in Christ, Kathy [hug]

Bandit
Advanced Member
Member # 3643

quote:
Originally posted by vizionary:
Wow!! What a friend you have in Jesus... I pray for u & family also.

Thank you very much. All prayers are greatly appreciated. I am currently doing very well, other than a noticable drop in energy level. (And I do dislike having this port in my chest, but it is really just an occasional annoyance.)

Bandit

Bandit
Advanced Member
Member # 3643

quote:
Originally posted by kllane:
[clap2]
... I am currently waiting on results on my father who has been completely healed from 3 different kinds of cancers through the years. Now they suspect the lymphoma in him. We'll now on the 11th of jan. Somehow I find comfort in you sharing your faith in God's controll of things.I know this also for a fact, but sometimes it's good to hear it from others.

praying for God's complete healing!
Your sister in Christ, Kathy

So how did things turn out? I hate to say it but chemo for other cancers is a known cause for lymphoma.

Bandit

vizionary
Community Member
Member # 6271

Wow!! What a friend you have in Jesus... I pray for u & family also.

--------------------
Yahshua HaMashiach

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Bandit,
I am so glad that God has answered our prayers.
I am a pre-tribber myself, but I will pray that God will use you for His Glory.
betty

--------------------

Bandit
Advanced Member
Member # 3643

Hello all,

First of all, thank you for all your prayers. I thought that it was time I gave all of you an update.

I did have a CAT scan last week, and the doctor was very pleased by what he saw (or didn't see as the case may be). There has been a great reduction in the size of my tumors - I believe much more than a 50% reduction in size of all tumors. And the wife is very much relieved!

I am now into my 2nd round of chemo treatments. This morning was day 2 of the 3 days of chemo. So far it is not hitting me as hard as it did last time, but last time I didn't feel really bad until day 3 of chemo and the two days after that.

Now I want to decide how best to serve Him during the remainder of my life. This brings up a little problem though; I have desired for a long time to get more involved in church leadership activities (like teaching, for I have done other kinds of service activities), but the church I attend, like many in this area, has specific bans on persons who do not hold to the pre-trib rapture or to OSAS, so that leaves me rather out in the cold. But I would really like to be able to do more, so pray that God shows me a place where I can get involved. So far, I have been told that I can not join in any leadership role unless I accept these two doctrines, yet I have vowed to God to follow His truth and not the doctrines of man, therefore I will not bow to their well-meant but misguided conditions of service. So please pray about this as well.

Bandit

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying for you brother.. [Prayer]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kllane
Advanced Member
Member # 6275

Icon 18 posted      Profile for kllane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[clap2]
Praise God for the faith and the strength he has given you. I pray for his peace to be with your wife and your children during this trial. I also pray for peace and comfort to the family of your doctor. I am currently waiting on results on my father who has been completely healed from 3 different kinds of cancers through the years. Now they suspect the lymphoma in him. We'll now on the 11th of jan. Somehow I find comfort in you sharing your faith in God's controll of things.I know this also for a fact, but sometimes it's good to hear it from others.

praying for God's complete healing!
Your sister in Christ, Kathy

Bandit
Advanced Member
Member # 3643

quote:
Originally posted by artm:
Hi Bandit.

Just wanted to say that I will be adding my prayers to the list of others praying for you...

God bless. Pastor Mann

Thank you, Pastor Mann. I too believe that faith in Jesus can lead to miraculous cures, but I also believe we live in a fallen world, and all do die. Job was struck with disease when God allowed Satan to test his faith. My attitude is that regardless of my personal outcome, I will not let this dampen my faith in God. As Job said, "Though He slay me, yet I will trust Him." [Job 13:15]

From what I have been able to gleam, the kind of cancer I have is not considered curable. One place I read put the mortality rate at near 80%. So the statistics indicate that this disease eventually kills the majority of those who have it. But the fact is we all have a death sentence hanging over our head, for we all die of something eventually. So if this doesn't kill me, something else will (unless I live to be raptured). The good news is that those who are in Christ need not fear death - so I do not fear it. (Now the pain and suffering part I might have a bit of a problem with, but not the death part.) But please do pray for both me and my family, especially my wife. I am not sure what God has in store for me in this life, but I am prepared to follow Him no matter what happens.

As Jesus said to Paul when Paul prayed to have his ailment removed, "My grace is sufficient for you." And His grace is also sufficient for me.

Bandit

P.S. I had a CAT scan yesterday. I will pass along the results once I know them. I also go in for my 2nd round of chemo January 17, 18, and 19. Also of interest is the following: Yesterday when I went to get my CAT scan, I began speaking with the technician who operates the machine. He told me that he just lost a daughter to cancer on December 23rd - and she was only 8 years old! So this family needs your prayers even more than mine.

artm
Advanced Member
Member # 6243

Icon 1 posted      Profile for artm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Bandit.

Just wanted to say that I will be adding my prayers to the list of others praying for you,And also,

Remember that Jesus paid it all. Not only did He purchase Salvation,But He provided Healing for our bodies as well.

Where did Jesus do all of this ? On the Cross.

Paul said, " If I Glory,I will Glory in the Cross.

Your Faith must be in the right object, Which is " Christ and Him Crucified."

Put your Faith in Jesus and what He did on the Cross. Actually this is the only faith God will accept.

Jesus paid it all, And He did it on the Cross. AMEN

God bless. Pastor Mann

Posts: 50 | From: New York | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Praying for you brother.. [Prayer]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Good NewsforAll
Advanced Member
Member # 6156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Good NewsforAll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will continue to pray for your complete healing Bandit. [Prayer]

--------------------
The Pharisees tell us what not to do. Jesus tells us what to do.
Romans 10:15 As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

Posts: 400 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bandit
Advanced Member
Member # 3643

Hello all (and Kindgo),

The 3 days of chemo led to 5 days of feeling really bad. Saturday I spent most of the day in bed - that is how bad it was. Thankfully I was feeling better by Christmas day - so I was able to enjoy that day with the wife and kids. Yesterday and today I have been pretty much back to normal. You know, I'm not going to be looking forward to these chemos. I've been told to pretty much expect the same 5 day experience each time I go. Imagine going and intentionally giving yourself a bad 5 day case of flu once every 4 weeks for 6 months. Oh, I can hardly wait!

You know, they say chemo-therapy changes your taste buds - at least for a while. During those 5 days I just didn't feel like eating, but now I am back to normal - almost. I normally love chocolate, but now I have no real desire for it. I can eat it, but I just don't desire it.

As far as the cancer goes, there is good news.
Not only did the PET scan reveal less cancer than expected, but I can already tell a great reduction in the formerly enlarged lymph nodes in my neck. I had a few nodes so large that they were easily visible as large lumps under the skin of my lower jaw and neck. There are now no noticable lumps. Thank you God.

You guys and gals take care, and God's blessings be upon you. And thank you for all your prayers. I do believe they have helped, and will continue to help, immensely.

Bandit

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

How are you brother? [hug]

I am praying for you, all needs and concerns... [Prayer]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Bandit
Advanced Member
Member # 3643

Thank you Kindgo and all,

The chemo really kicked my **** today. I was in there for a total of about 9 hours. I am feeling somewhat better now, but I still feel like I have been beaten all over - general body and head aches reminiscent of flu symptoms. I have to go back in tomorrow and Friday for some additional chemo treatments (only about an hour each day). Thank you for your prayers. Who knows how it may have gone without them.

Bandit

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

I will be praying for you brother... [Prayer]

[hug]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Bandit
Advanced Member
Member # 3643

Hello all,

Thanks for the prayers, and keep it up! The PET scan results looked pretty good. Even though I do have the SLL form of NHL, and even though it is stage 3, the doc says that there is no evidence of massive spreading. Other than the neck and spleen, there is no other detectable involvement. He says that my prospects for longterm remission are very good. The results could have been much worse. I start chemo tomorrow.

Bandit

Bandit
Advanced Member
Member # 3643

First, I thank you all for your prayers.

I had my first PET scan today. I won't know the results until next week. That should indicate how wide-spread the cancer is. So my guess is that sometime late next week I will get my first chemo treatment - just in time for Christmas! I will let you know how it goes.

Bandit

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Bandit, how you doing? [hug]

I am praying for you [Prayer]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Good NewsforAll
Advanced Member
Member # 6156

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Good NewsforAll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thankful the implant went well Bandit!! Will be lifting you and your family up in prayer. [Prayer]

--------------------
The Pharisees tell us what not to do. Jesus tells us what to do.
Romans 10:15 As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

Posts: 400 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be praying for you and your family.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=139q3oyuubs you tube

This song Because HE lives might comfort you some. May God Bless you [hug]

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bandit
Advanced Member
Member # 3643

Hello all,

I survived the port implant earlier today - really no big deal. I am somewhat sore, but will live to post another day.

Bandit

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

So funny [pound] I will be praying that it goes well and you have no pain. [Kiss]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Bandit
Advanced Member
Member # 3643

Thank you all for your prayer support. Tomorrow I go to get a "port" surgically implanted into my chest. (The port will be used to administer the chemo drugs.) I am trying to keep a stiff upper lip through all this (and I find Botox treatments to be of great assistance [pound] ). I will let you all know how it all goes.

Bandit

HE LIVES
Advanced Member
Member # 4931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HE LIVES     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am praying with you Brother.

Your brother in Christ,
Chuck

Posts: 182 | From: Missouri | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May our Father minister healing, wisdom to the caregivers, peace and comfort and a deepening of faith to this precious family in this hour of need. In Jesus name.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
woody
Advanced Member
Member # 3233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for woody     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We will pray with you.

God is Good, HE will be faithful, even when we don't understand.

Posts: 25 | From: Carlsbad, CA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Oh brother, I am sorry to hear this report. [Frown]

I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

I am praying for all needs and concerns.. [Prayer]

Bandit, please keep us up dated as you can. [hug]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Bandit
Advanced Member
Member # 3643

Hello all,

I am an occasional visitor to the board so I thought I could come here for help: I have been diagnosed with stage 3 lymphoma. I am about to start 6 months of chemo which is going to be no fun at all. Until recently, this particular kind of lymphoma would have been considered incurable, but the doctors think I have an 80% to 90% chance of long-term remission. My family and I could sure use some prayer support!

I have a pretty strong faith, but if things don’t go well, my wife might loose it. (She has always had occasional problems with anxiety - even as a young child. Lately she has been getting counseling, and is now on medication.) So I need prayer not only for myself, but especially for her, and then our children. I have a great peace, though I do not know what the Lord’s will is in this case. If His will is that I go through whatever comes as an example to others, then I’m His man. But given the choice, I would rather not have to travel this path all the way to its bitter end, if you know what I mean. I believe that we live in a fallen world, and sickness and disease is a part of this world. I know God can cure, but I also know that He can have a purpose in our sufferings, just as He did with Job.

I am a very active person for my age - late 40's - so this is not going to be easy. Other than this, I’m as healthy as a horse - as the saying goes. I bike ride and run regularly, among other activities. I would prefer my life to end in some more meaningful fashion - this is not the kind of ending I had in mind! Your prayers are much appreciated.

Bandit

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement