Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Please Pray for Trevor Matthews - 14 yr old w/ rare cancer

Author Topic: Please Pray for Trevor Matthews - 14 yr old w/ rare cancer
SrvnHim
Advanced Member
Member # 5439

Icon 18 posted      Profile for SrvnHim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will definitely keep Trevor and his family in my prayers!
Posts: 66 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will pray for him too. [Prayer]

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 15 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a sad story. Certainly will lift Trevor and his family up in prayer. [Prayer]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only have contact with a lady who is in a Bible Study with Trevor's aunt.
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
woody
Advanced Member
Member # 3233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for woody     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Homeschooler do you have a contact point for Trevor?
Posts: 25 | From: Carlsbad, CA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This prayer request is from a lady who I am on another board with. Please pray for this young man and his family:

Please, please pray for this boy, he is so heavy on my heart. A lady in my bible study group last night told us about her friends nephew...TREVOR MATHEWS.

Trevor had what was thought to be an ear infection for 2 weeks. He woke up one morning and his tongue was black. His doctor asked him to come in and he was diagnosed with tongue cancer. ONE, very rare, TWO the boy is 14 and not a smoker/tobacco chewer!

Yesterday, Trevor went into surgery at 6am to have his tongue, lymph nodes, vocal cords and lower jaw of his face removed. At the end our study, Kim got a text message that there had been a miracle...the doctors only had to remove his tongue and lymph nodes and left his vocal cords and lower jaw. He was in surgery almost 15 hours!

The surgery if successful, gives Trevor a 50/50 chance of surviving. Please pray and add him to any and all prayer chains you know of. This boys story has cut to my heart and I have such a burden on my heart for him. I can just feel his mothers aching heart and can so empathize with a 14 year old faced with such a trauma. I just keep picturing him saying, I love you mom as he is rolled into surgery and mom knowing that will be the last time her son will be able to speak to her with words. His "last supper" as he will be tube fed from now on. Thank you for any and all prayers for Trevor, his family and his doctors.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement