Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Need prayers

Author Topic: Need prayers
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is easy to feel that way when screaming goes on for hours and hours. I found that with Helena, a heating pad, not too warm, but just slightly warm on her tummy helped.

I would lay her on her tummy on the heating pad covered with a blanket. Also, rubbing her tummy gently when it would become hard during her colicky times. With Helena it lasted longer than was normal, and we found that sometimes a car ride would help... I dont know if it was the sublte vibration or what. Today, Hal has one of those seat back things that heat and gently massage, and I have often thought that would have been great for when I had colicky babies. [Big Grin]

Another thing is you can try excercising her legs gently.. just like walking would do for you this can help to pass gas, and in most cases colicky babies are in pain because they cannot expell gas and you can tell because her tummy will get hard and distended.

I also learned that there was a scheduled (about 2 hours every evening beginning at 6 pm) time that she was going to be fussy and there was nothing I could do. She was dry, clean fed, and in need of nothing and even holding her did not comfort. In those times I had to learn to lay her down and let her fuss.

There were times that her dad litterally had to sit on me I think to keep me out of her room, but it was for my sanity and her well being as well. This seemed to me mean, but my pediatrician agreed that it was best and this is what we did.

You also need to watch what you are eating... sometimes things that produce gas in you will also produce gas in her and that is very painful to a newborn. I dont understand this, but I know that when I ate things like broccoli, cabbage, beans, helena had trouble even though she was only on breast milk.

With Mariah I was physically unable to breast feed and also with Desi as surgery had severed the ducts that carry milk from the breast to the outside, and both of them had allergy to regular formula that caused them horrible collicky gas. We had to experiment with soy formulas and even some them were not acceptable to their digestive systems.

People will tell you not to do this, but sometimes a tiny bit of cereal along with the breast milk will give them just enough parastalsis to move the gas through their systems that their tummies dont get all blown up and distended. You have to be careful because too much will make them sleepy and fat and that is not the goal, but just something to aide their won bodies in moving things through.

Also, be sure that you are getting all the burps out. It is better to feed really small small amounts and burp in between than to let her gulp to much and get full of air. I noted with Helena that she always had this really big sailor's burp and it had to come out or she was going to be colicky... sometimes there was nothing I could do to get that burp out. I would just get little ones, and her dad would have to burp her, and I dont know what he did differently, but he would not have her but a few seconds and out would come this huge Sailor burp! but it made a huge difference in how she did after the feeding.

I hope that there is something in here that will help, just know that this too will pass, one day the fussing will just stop; her digestive system will catch up with the rest of her and it will just stop! In the mean time, YES, HIS Grace is sufficient, and not just for you, but for her as well. Yes, You are both squarely in HIS arms.

We love ya and you are in our prayers!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ladies, thank you so much for the awesome support, your prayers, sharing your experiences, and for encouraging me to look to God in this. someone told me that God is holding me through this even as I am holding my baby, which helped me so much. Things are still extremely tough, and I find myself mourning the life I thought I would have as a "dual income no kids" family. But I look at that little angel God sent us and I know He has a plan for us in this, and that we have been given a great gift and even greater responsibility.

-Linda, I keep wanting to call you, but I have found no good chance to even make a simple phone call yet. Usually when she passes out, I try to do the same with her so I can rest a bit. Hopefully baby will settle down soon.

Please continue to keep us in your prayers. I was abused as a child, and I am terrified all the time that I might repeat the pattern with my own child, so I ask that you all specifically pray for us in that matter.

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Laurie, I agree with the others it will get better. Talk to the pediatrician. There are drops they sell over the counter for cramps the baby might be having do to digestive problems. I fed all four kids with formula and had to switch brands to find the correct kind many times so they could rest better.

2 had to be fed more often than the others so they could not cry so often. The swing helped very much. I tried to sleep when they slept even if it was an hour at a time.

It was a chaotic time alot but God showed me really how funny it looked through the roof from heaven. He helped me keep a sense of humor in the midst of it all.

The twins and the other 2 had measels and chicken pox at the same time. I had no help with them. It was crazy all the time but I just took a day at a time.

Now they are grown. God was my close friend through each day. He will help you too. You are not alone and God doesn't give us what we can't handle. You will make it......just relax whenever possible and know it won't last forever.

You are stronger than you realize with God helping you each minute of the day. Let HIM talk you through each hour of the day.....He is wanting to be your close advisor, healer, friend, comforter,and everything you need to survive.

God Bless and remember to play alot of praise music in the house as much as possible...it will bring joy to your household and peace to all your souls.

I had NO help with the babies or children... but God helper and still is. He and I enjoyed working and talking together through each joy and crisis. We got closer.

You will grow more closer to God by inviting HIS help constantly every minute. He really likes to be there. He is so real and ready.

Don't give up!

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
je_suis_aimee723
Community Member
Member # 5583

Icon 18 posted      Profile for je_suis_aimee723   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be praying for some peace and understanding in your life!

--------------------
"We are what we pretend to be so be careful what you pretend to be" -Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 10 | From: Boulder, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LaurieFL:
He gave us who did not seek out parenthood a very fussy baby. We are exhausted and I am suffering from post partum depression.

I can feel your pain Laurie. My first baby cried from the minute we brought her home from the hopsital - seemed like for a full day.

I don't have any wise words of wisdom, because I wasn't a believer at the time, and I don't how I got through those first few months.

All I say to myself now, as I look back, is why didn't I try to relax more - it was only for a season. They grow so quickly - it just seems like yesterday that she was a tiny one, and she is a young married woman now.

Will be praying for you Laurie. Since you are in the middle of all of this turmoil, it is hard to fathom that life can get better - it will. [Prayer]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two days ago I asked God how you were and here you are! I tried to email you and it came back; but it may be me because I have been having trouble with my email. I am sorry for your struggle; I will be praying for you today. I have a long day on the road today so I will have lots of time. I will email you later tonight or in the morning, maybe I can help, my first one was collicky and it was a nightmare that lasted 6 months, much longer than was normal but I did learn somethings about dealing with it; I have lost your phone, if you want to PM me I will call you. I will PM you with my phone and you can call me and I will call you back. Hang in there; God is not playing cruel jokes on you... sometimes babies are fussy and have digestive troubles that cause them pain and make them cranky... it is the devil that wants you to think that God is playing cruel jokes.
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My life has changed dramatically while I have been away. The Lord saw fit to give me and my husband a child, despite parenthood not being in our plans. I will elaborate more some time when able, but right now we need your prayers. For some reason known only to God, He gave us who did not seek out parenthood a very fussy baby. We are exhausted and I am suffering from post partum depression. My daughter will not breastfeed either, so I am pumping constantly to get her food for her.

It is so hard and I feel like God is playing some sort of joke on me in all this. I am crying out for mercy and strength.

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement