Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Hurricane Rita

Author Topic: Hurricane Rita
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you Pastor Jim. I talked to my sister a bit ago. Her family and my mom have been on the road over three hours and still have not gotten out of Houston. They had to get off the freeway for more gas. They have no idea where they can find a hotel. Keep up your prayers.

Also thank for your prayers for me. I slept even better last night. The pain has not been so bad today.
I pray God will give you and your wife a special blessing and also for GramaJo.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JR1944
Advanced Member
Member # 4611

Icon 18 posted      Profile for JR1944         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Betty
Connie and I will be praying for your daughter, that the Lord will spare their home from the hurricane Rita. We will also pray that the Lord will give them traveling mercy’s to a safe place. We will pray for your mother to be safe and to be able to not get upset if possible. And to protect her home so that she would not half to start over with another home.
I watch the weather channel often , to help me to know-how to pray for people in harm’s way. Betty I pray that you are feeling better and the pain is letting in your arms. And that you are not having any more nightmares. God Bless You Betty, Pastor Jim

Posts: 209 | From: Ohio | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter and her family are staying with her mother in law. My daughter lost everything in Allsion a couple years ago and she is terrified of this happening again.
My sister is taking my mom out of town today. My mom is very upset. Like my daughter she does not have flood insurance. She tried to get some this summer but her insurance agent talked her out. I know that they do this, because before Allison I asked my agent if we needed insurance and he told me no way. That he had lived there for 25 years and the area had never flooded. But, it did in Allison. We were blessed in that it only flooded our bedroom. My mom is 73 and I think it would kill her if she had to start over. She has been through so much already.
But, anyway all of the people in Houston including my family need prayer.
In one hand I am glad I am not in Texas now, but on the other, I feel guilty not being there for them.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mrs. Betty, I was thinking about you and your family in Houston just last night. I hope they can evacuate or get to safe ground.

My family has just gone back to New Orleans, they are hoping it will miss them this time.

My family up here all live in trailers and the news told us to expect 70 mile/hour winds and possible tornados and flooding. I'm so glad my mom has moved though, because her old house used to flood really bad. The whole street would be 4 foot deep in water.

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am praying for the Lord's protection over everyone who is located within the pathway of hurricane Rita and I'm also praying that everyone who were told to evacuate did so.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Most of my family are in Houston. My mom, my sister, my daughter and my grandkids. I am trusting God to take care of them.
betty

--------------------

mohawk
Advanced Member
Member # 2898

Icon 2 posted      Profile for mohawk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bat, you and I were on the same frequency just now... I was about to post up a similar thought. Seriously--I was typing in my password and your post popped in!

May the Lord strengthen those who may be in harm's way (especially in Texas from what I've seen on the forecasts) and guide them to safety, well before the worst hits. Lord spare Your children from the fury of Your creation's power. In Jesus's name, amen.

Posts: 223 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya'll start praying now. Hurricane Rita has hit category 5.

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement