Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » prayer for niece

Author Topic: prayer for niece
saved&forgiven
Community Member
Member # 5041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for saved&forgiven   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will definitely pray for her. My parnets used to hata how I supposedly acted after church. And growing up most of my sisters and me thought about sucide.It's not a place to be. I pray for all I know that are depressed and more. But I will pray for her everyday.

--------------------
This could be the day I see my miracle!

Posts: 7 | From: League City, Texas | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joanna! Your positive attitude during this unbelieveable time just amazes me. God's grace is certainly upon you and it shows!

I am so sorry about your neice we will add her to our prayers and we will pray that God will make a way for you to have more time with her so that she has a positive Christian influence in her life.

I left you a PM on the other stuff, I saw this after I sent it.

God bless & keep you and your house!!!
Love in Christ,
Linda

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you to you all... I've been so busy this whole weekend. The whirlwinds have not stopped, so it seems... not spiritally anyway. The hurricane was a physical manifestation of what seems to be happening spiritually here.

gotta go... visiting hours start soon and I don't want to miss an opportunity to visit my niece.

blessings and shalom, Joanna.

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mohawk
Advanced Member
Member # 2898

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mohawk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bat

I know that Jesus will stand between Jessica and whatever demonic forces are trying to reclaim her life--I pray that the Lord will touch the hearts of her family and that you will see the miracle of their turning to Him as well. Amen. In the meantime may Lord comfort and minister to Jessica, and everyone involved... and speed help to you in this national time of great need.

Posts: 223 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thankful
Advanced Member
Member # 5024

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Thankful     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bat Elohim,

Just wanted to let you know that I'm praying for Jessica. I will also keep her family in my prayers, that they will come to know the Lord, and I pray for you all as you're going through this hard time. May God bless you.

Posts: 23 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Certainly will be praying for Jessica, Bat Elohim, and everyone in your State of Louisiana as you recover from this terrible loss. [Bible]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bat Elohim,

You are very welcome! Please read the thread below this one - I've posted to you to let you know that some wonderful help from the Air National Guard of Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Nevada will be coming to help all of you through this very difficult time! Read my posting in the thread below for all details. Our prayers are with you all in all three states and God bless you all! Many blessed thanks to God for His leading and bringing forth all of the help - people truly do care and want to be of help in any way possible! Be safe and God bless!

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you so much Grandmajo

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bat Elohim,

I'm praying for your niece and I will continue to pray for her. I also pray for all of your family having gone through wrath and fury of hurricane Katrina. I pray for help to arrive very soon to your area and all areas where Katrina struck. It's all so heartbreaking! My prayers are with all of you! God bless you all!

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

with everything else going on... my family is in a turmoil all of it's own at the moment.

Tuesday morning my 14-year-old niece attempted suicide by slicing her wrist seven times. I have been very worried about her for a long time and have in the past requested prayer for her.

She is now in a "hospital" type environment where she is allowed to make one phone call a day and only for 5 minutes at 7 pm at night. Of course, she is calling her mom.

Yesterday we were allowed a 30-minute visitation and hopefully we will be allowed to visit again tomorrow.

my niece, Jessica, has been coming to church with me as often as she can for the past year. mostly on Wednesday nights, as that was "Youth Group" nights. Our youth pastors left about 3 weeks ago and she's been depressed every since, even refused to go to church at all this past week.

Jessica received Christ a few months ago, but her home life is very rough and unsupportive to a "Christian" lifestyle. She was only allowed to go to church as a privilege. and only when it didn't interfer with her parents plans. Much the same way I was raised. Hence, Jessica and I have much in common and are very close.

The reason I didn't know how bad everything was getting, was because her mom hasn't allowed me to be around much lately. She says she doesn't like the way Jessica acts when she's been around her "church" friends and me.

Please, Please, pray for Jessica.

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement