Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » A Prayer for Hurricane Victims

Author Topic: A Prayer for Hurricane Victims
mohawk
Advanced Member
Member # 2898

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mohawk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Standing in agreement with you, amen.

In Jesus's name I also pray that more of our leaders will re-examine their hearts in the wake of this calamity.

Posts: 223 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I pray for people's safety and to get fresh food and water. I also pray for their pets too and children and elderly and disabled people. My faincee can swim though paralyzed, but I know not everyone with a disability can do so. I also pray for as little violence and panic as possible and help to get there.

--------------------
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/forum
Support the mother who lost her son protest the war
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/

here are my comments, I am UHaventDoneNothin
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/node/121

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My heart goes out to each and every person who has been a victim of hurricane Katrina's wrath of such terrible devastation and total destruction and the untold trauma, hurt, and suffering they have been through and they continue to go through. I am praying for them and will continue to pray for them. Each of the pictures that are shown on the news are just heartbreaking. One little boy lost his entire family in the ensuing flooding and they found him wandering around trying to find a familiar face. He is now in the care of a very kind lady who has been helping the victims in a shelter. There are thousands upon thousands of stories - we must continue praying for the people of that whole wide area.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Lord I stand in agreement with this prayer. [Cross]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 18 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lord God, our Creator and Sustainer, we pray for the many thousands of persons whose lives have been turned upside down by hurricane Katrina. We pray that assistance could come to them as quickly and efficiently as possible. Guide and empower those who are organizing the response to Katrina’s devastation. Be with the police, fire, and rescue workers, the health care providers, and the emergency personnel as they deal with the daunting tasks they will continue to face for week and months. Protect those who will be restoring electricity and clean water and other utilities. Give wisdom to those who are organizing disaster response teams and the long-term rebuilding efforts. Through your Holy Spirit lift up the spirits of those who feel helpless and give courage to everyone who feels hopeless. Help us to find ways to provide assistance along with the support of our prayers. Bless efforts to practice mutual aid. We pray with the knowledge that you always hear us and offer your transforming, loving presence in the midst of life’s journey, be it a sickening time of loss or a joyful time when we give thanks for life’s gifts. Through Jesus our Savior, amen.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement