Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » My Uncle

Author Topic: My Uncle
mohawk
Advanced Member
Member # 2898

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mohawk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that Uncle Wilbur is not alone in his "anger" at God--I think that is actually a character-type in society today, unfortunately.

But I also believe that if Uncle Wilbur holds a belief that there will be a Judgement Day (and there will!), and that God will be there (He will!!!), then Uncle down deep knows the Lord plays a role in his life.

Yes, it is healthy to hold a respecting fear of the Father, but I believe God would stand before Uncle Wilbur, and allow him to vent all his anger, all his frustration, all his resentment, all the time with a knowing, loving look of love and understanding... and when all of Uncle's fury is at last spent, God will take him walking along the bright green valley of Heaven, and tell him how vast, and unfathomable His love for him truely has been all the days of his life... and show him the times that He was with Uncle, especially those times when Uncle thought He wasn't. He will show Uncle Wilbur why his family members were given their individual challenges, and where His grand design was manifested in them. I believe Uncle Wilbur would see that his anger was really about his misunderstanding of God, not God Himself. I pray he will come to know this BEFORE Judgement Day arrives. Amen.

Posts: 223 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have said a prayer to soften Willy's heart and also lift him and his family up in prayer. [Prayer]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Titus,

I will pray for your family. My husband struggles with what your Uncle is going through. Like your cousins, I have a disease though not fatal, slowly steals my ability to get around. My husand struggles with anger and despair over why I am not healed. What your Uncle does not realize is his anger is making it harder for his children in dealing with their illness. Yes, he should pray for his children and all parents should, but he should pray that God will work His will. Is your Uncle a Christian? If not we should pray that God will soften his heart to hear God's voice and accept forgivness for sins.
Pray that God will send someone to your Uncle that he will listen to about God and his heart to be open to accept.
I am sorry that your family is going through such a rough time. Hang in there. God is still on the throne. He has not left us forsaken.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Titus
Advanced Member
Member # 4394

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Titus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please join me in prayer for my Uncle Wilbur. "Willy's" wife is my Dad's sister and she is a believer of sorts. Anyway, Willy is MAD at God because both of his adult children have incurable but not fatal diseases. Willy told me on Saturday that he has "a few things to tell that Son of a B*^%$ on Judgement Day." I told him I doubt that he will be able to say anything at that time because he is going to so afraid. He said "that bas*&%$ is gonna listen to me, just you wait and see."

While Willy may not be afraid of God, I am!

Titus

Posts: 27 | From: Indiana | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement