Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » DISNEY WORLD

Author Topic: DISNEY WORLD
mohawk
Advanced Member
Member # 2898

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mohawk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Diver

I pray that the Lord's answer to the situation facing you is given at the reunion. The way you "shout" your need repeatedly (you have posted similar prayer requests) is perhaps a sign of an obsession? Please do not be offended by that--I don't mean it offensively.

Sometimes we need to disengage from our wants, as diffficult as that may be, and just seek God. If this person you seek reunion with doesn't desire it in return, yeah, that hurts. Believe me, I've been through similar stuff. But ultimately we discover His plan unfolding, whether or not it involves that other person. How about calmly praying, "Lord, thy will be done in my life, not my own."

Okay, that might qualify as "tough love" and probably not quite what you hoped to hear. But I tell it to you as one who, in my younger days, obsessed over certain women, to the point that they actually became uncomfortable--even frightened--around me, which was the exact opposite of what I hoped to accomplish. What finally dawned on me was that I was popping it at God like quarters into a vending machine, and disregarding His will. If you and this lady are meant to be together, then I pray God will hasten that process and bring you together--but if it is not to be, and it is simply yourself unwilling to let go of an obsession, then I pray this reunion event will provide a blessed awakening for you, and you will feel the beginning of the Lord's peace in your heart regarding this situation. If that is the case, know that you just still need a bit more polishing to be the diamond that a the woman He has planned for you deserves. Go in peace, brother--enjoy your family--and see the Father at this reunion, who will surely guide you to the true love you hope for, whether it is with this particular individual, or another yet to come along. In Jesus's holy name, I pray you will accept this prayer as an answer to your request. Amen.

Posts: 223 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DIVER DAN
Advanced Member
Member # 4752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIVER DAN   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PRAY THAT LORI AND I ARE REUNITED AT MY FAMILY REUNION AT DISNEY WORLD THIS CHRISTMAS !!!

--------------------
I am a prayer soldier, a Captain in Gods' Army !!!

Posts: 29 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement