Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Marriage Trouble

Author Topic: Marriage Trouble
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll keep praying. I'm proud of your brother so handling it so well and turning to the only one who can really comfort him and guide him in the right direction

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 9 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you to all those who have prayed, and may still be praying.

I received notice this morning that my sister-in-law has told my brother that she wants a divorce. My brother seems to be holding up well, and from all indications is relying solely upon the Lord.

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beautiful turnaround in your brother, redkermit!! Will continue to pray. [Prayer]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As you already know, I will continue praying.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 9 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the previous update had come second-hand. I just finished talking with my brother for about an hour and a half. Apparently, she has not been home consistently. My brother is seeking much prayer for their marriage.

The transformation in my brother is quite amazing. He went from being someone on the path to hell, knowing it, and not caring, to rededicating his life to Jesus, and surrendering it all to Him. I was amazed listening to him talk, it was like talking to a stranger compared to how he used to be. God's power is amazing, so through all this, there is a praise.

But, she doesn't seem too sincere about trying to make things work. Just as we were finishing talking, my other brother called him and said that our sister saw her downtown with another guy. If you hadn't guessed, she cheated on him, and was with that guy.

Please continue to keep my brother and his wife in your prayers. Their names are Andrew and Amanda. She has really turned from the Lord, and I guess she has reverted to her old "partying" days. My brother has no interest in getting divorced, and wants to make it work, but both sides need to be willing...

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We will continue to pray Matt! This is one step closer than we were a few days ago to the full answer of our prayers. God is moving and we can see that because she is home; keep standing in faith for them. I am often reminded of Lot and how God used Abraham's faith and prayer to spar Lot. Let us praise God for this step and continue to hold them up to him in our faith!

Father God thank you for your mercy and your grace, we do see your hand in this situation and we give you praise and thanks. We know that nothing is impossible for you and there is nothing in this marriage and in these lives that your love can't repair and restore. We thank you Father for bringing this family back under the same roof. Father we continue to hold them up to you. Please Father God soften hearts and put down pride and all things that the enemy has sown in their hearts that exalts itself against you. Father help this husband and this wife to see each other as you see each of them and hemp them to see you standing between them and drawing them back to where you desire them to be -one body- two who are one with you as their head and the center of their lives. Father God allow us to continue to stand for them un faith and increase their faith not in their own abilities to see the situation clearly or to solve the problems at hand, but faith in you. Draw them to rely on your love while the love between them is thin. Father, bring them someone to minister your guidance and your wisdom and fill them with a burning desire to seek you as a solution to their problems. Thank you Father God for hearing our prayers; thank you Father God for Matt, may he be a Godly friend and minister of your love and your mercy and grace and your will and wisdom to his brother. Bring reconcillitation to this family Father and let them come to be a mighty force against the powers of darkness to your glory and your delight. Thank you Father for your mercy that is new every morning, may it cover this house in such a way that the devil has to go from their lives. Thank you Father. For it is in the mighty name of Jesus that we pray. Amen!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all for your prayers, I really appreciate it. The last update I received is that she is home now, so at least that's one good thing. But, it still doesn't sound like she is too sincere in making it work.

--------------------

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be praying for your family. I was actually just checking prayer requests to add to my prayers in a few minutes.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

RisamyRisa
Advanced Member
Member # 1854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RisamyRisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope things work out, I'll say a prayer for them!

--------------------
Being a Christian is like being a pumpkin.. God picks you from the patch and washes the dirt off. He cuts out the top and removes the yucky stuff, and then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light in you to shine for all the world to see!

Posts: 108 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be praying for your Brother and the entire family. A marriage will affect everyone, some closer and some not so close. This subject of marraige is a difficult subject at best. I am working on mine still. Lord will have His will one way or the other. But Satan pervails when each marriage fails. You see if the home is weak, then the nation is weak. Something like that.
Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 18 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will be praying for you and your family redkermit that this upsetting situation will receive some mighty answers from our loving Lord and Saviour. [Prayer]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matt: I am so sorry. And we will put you all on our prayer list here and we will pray daily.

Father God, hear our prayers. We lift Matt and his brother and his sister in law and their whole family to you Lord and we ask for your intervention in this situation. We ask that you bring healing and restoration and reconcilliation into this family and this marriage. Father we know that enemy does come to kill steal and destroy, but even so we know that you are God Almighty and none can be against those whom you are for. We ask that you step into this situation and cause the enemy to take his hands off this family and this marriage. We ask that you draw this couple to you and cause them to know that there are three in this marriage and You are still there standing between them and binding them together. Bring healing where there is hurt Father, help them ans give them strength and draw them that they hold on to you who is holding on to each of them. Father God if there be any lack of faith between them, let us stand in faith for them, and if there be sin that has given the enemy a foothold cause them to see the sin and repent and seek your forgiveness and the forgiveness of each other. Father we ask for your mercy and your grace and your peace in this marriage. We ask that you not permit the enemy to divide this family. We ask for the protection of the children during this time of trial and we ask that you restore this home quickly. Father God we thank you for the precious gift of your son and his blood that allows us to come so boldly before your throne and we thank you for we know that you hear our prayers and we know that you do answer for it is in the name above all names that we pray, In the Name of Jesus, Father hear our prayers. Amen.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 18 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Satan sure is in full-force attack mode...

My brother had turned from God for many years. A little over a year ago, he met a Christian woman. He began attending church again, and re-dedicated his life to Jesus. They were married less than a year ago. Well, they are already going through some very rough times. She has already left him, for what seem to be relatively trivial reasons, so I know there are some great spiritual battles being fought here. She has given Satan more than a foothold, and there is much at stake. Not just their marriage, but she has children from a previous marriage who are being affected. My brother has made it clear that he wants to work things out, but she has not been home since Friday.

Please pray with me for my brother and his wife. My heart is so broken over this...

--------------------

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement