Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Husband was in a work related accident..

Author Topic: Husband was in a work related accident..
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great post peh. I'm total agreement.

Praying that the Lord will lift you up with his mighty power to give you peace and comfort RisamyRisa. [Prayer]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peh
Advanced Member
Member # 4446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for peh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see God's hand in your situation already, sister. Your husband's not being seriously hurt, your inlaws on their way and you finding solace in having your mom there and now having a place where your inlaws can stay with you if they choose.

I give Him praise for all these things and ask that He continue to watch over you and yours, in the immediate needs and in the years to come.

Rom 10:11 Now the Scripture says, No one who believes on Him will be put to shame,

12 for there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, since the same Lord of all is rich to all who call on Him. 13 For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.

Call on His Name when you are feeling the fear and anxiety, particularly before you go to bed and ask Him for His peace. This is a very effective "take two and call me in the morning" type remedy!

Love in Christ

--------------------
St. Peh
I don't know everything but I know the One Who does.

Posts: 255 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RisamyRisa
Advanced Member
Member # 1854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RisamyRisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On a side note, my inlaws were in no way ugly to me or hysterical because they couldn't be here, they were very sweet and supportive and my father in law really tried to be strong and brave so I wouldn't get even more upset, and he didn't let my mother in law (who was pretty panicked) talk to me until the last time I called, when she had calmed down and knew he was coming home instead of staying. I just feel so bad for them!

--------------------
Being a Christian is like being a pumpkin.. God picks you from the patch and washes the dirt off. He cuts out the top and removes the yucky stuff, and then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light in you to shine for all the world to see!

Posts: 108 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RisamyRisa
Advanced Member
Member # 1854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RisamyRisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On Thursday my husband and his crew were lifting something with a fork lift and it fell off, causing the fork to actually bounce off of the fork lift and hitting my husband on its way down. They put him on a helicopter and sent him to a trauma center, which was almost an hour drive for me in traffic and when we got there they couldn't tell me anything and I didn't get to see him for hours. When I did get to see him it was something I will never forget. All of his clothes had been cut off, he was strapped to a backboard with a neck brace on and a blanket pulled up to his waist, and in the excitement nobody had remembered to switch his glasses for him so he was still in his sunglasses. The good news is that he's okay, he has some cracked ribs and a lot of brusing, and he had elevated blood pressure and an eratic heart rate but they controlled those things with medication and sent him home with me around 1:00 in the morning without making him be admitted or anything.

So I guess besides my husband's pain, the real problem now is that I'm having trouble coping, even though its been two days. His parents were out of town, a good 15 hour drive away, and we've been married for all of 8 months. My inlaws and I love each other and all but I dont know that they were prepared to turn full responsibility of their boy over to me and I didn't realize how unprepared I was to have their son laying in a hospital and them not be there. My mom stayed with us, bullied who she could for information (I have asthma and was actually going into an attack, she had to bully a little bit or they would have had another patient!), but I'm on pins and needles until they get home tomorrow. They decided to come straight here and I'm going to ask them to stay in the guest bedroom over night and maybe I will actually get some sleep!

We are both blessed with good employers who are handling the situation very well. I am a nanny and I've been given permission to take all the time I need. My husband's company, of course, has been in meetings all day yesterday and probably next week to discuss safety, chain of command (which has recently been blurred between my husband and one of the other guys), and workers comp. is paying for all of his medical bills. God was definately with him that day because it could have been so much worse, but the last two nights I've gone to bed in tears and haven't been able to sleep. I function in a somewhat normal capacity during the day because my husband needs me right now, but the nights are awful! Anyways, please pray for both of us, for his physical healing and my emotional healing. Thank you!

--------------------
Being a Christian is like being a pumpkin.. God picks you from the patch and washes the dirt off. He cuts out the top and removes the yucky stuff, and then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light in you to shine for all the world to see!

Posts: 108 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement