Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Please pray for us during this hurricane

Author Topic: Please pray for us during this hurricane
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Update from Weather.com as of 12:54pm EST:

quote:
Extremely dangerous Hurricane Dennis, packing maximum sustained winds of 140 mph (Category 4), is only about 3 or 4 hours away from landfall on the northern Gulf Coast. At noon EDT, Hurricane Dennis' maximum sustained winds remained at 140 mph. Dennis continues to charge toward the north-northwest at 18 mph and seems destined to thunder ashore somewhere close to Pensacola, Fla., by mid- to late afternoon. Destruction of coastal property in the region will be extensive. Water rise is expected to be in the 12- to 18-foot range; by now, all people should have evacuated low-lying areas. Buoys offshore have reported waves as high as 35 feet.
This is Exactly where our Sister "ByGrace" lives - Pensacola. Praise God that she and her family have gotten out of town! We still need to keep them in our prayers as it looks like the damage could be Quite Extensive [Frown] She and her husband have three young children and this could be quite devastating for them. She will hopefully be in contact with me as soon as the storm passes and she's able. I'll keep you updated if she is unable to.

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RisamyRisa
Advanced Member
Member # 1854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RisamyRisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're watching the TV and praying for everyone involved!

--------------------
Being a Christian is like being a pumpkin.. God picks you from the patch and washes the dirt off. He cuts out the top and removes the yucky stuff, and then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light in you to shine for all the world to see!

Posts: 108 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 18 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will continue to pray [Prayer]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We continue to pray for the Lord to keep everyone safe during this very strong hurricane.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Sister Linda, we need to pray for all these folks. I have friends in Louisana who may be in trouble too.

Dear Heavenly Father,

I come to you now and ask for your protection of your children who are in harms way due to this very serious hurricane entering the Gulf Coast region of America. There are Elderly Brethern and Brothers and Sisters with small children who are in great danger from this storm. Father, I ask that you would spread your wings over these precious children and that you would sink Deep into each of their hearts YOUR Peace that supasses all understanding in the face of such a frightening and unknown future. We place them firmly into YOUR Loving hands and know that you are with them through all of it. We thank you for your Love, Your Grace, and Your Mercy, and we ask this in Jesus Name, Amen [Prayer]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi: Can we please add my folks (my children's Paternal Grandparents) to the prayer list for safety through this storm; they are in New Port Richey, FL and I am looking at the storm path that Deb just posted a link to and it looks like the storm will be in the gulf there just sweeping the edge of the coast, but you never know with these things and the storm surges really are brutal in these intercoastal areas with massive flooding being a problem. I have not been able to reach them and they are in thier late 70's and so I do worry. We do still have family in Tampa so I hope and pray that they have gone there but Dad is alway reluctant to leave his home and tends to want to wait it out there.

ByGrace, I see that you are smack in the middle of the path of perhaps the eye itself. You and your family remain in our prayers today. God bless and Keep you all!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
Originally posted by SoftTouch:
I honestly don't believe the naming of this storm (Dennis) was at all by chance... I have a feeling he's gonna be a real Mennace! [cool_shades]

I just came back from www.foxnews.com where they have 'coined the name' Dennis The Menace" [cool_shades]

Update from www.weather.com at 2:07p.m. EST:

“As of 11:00 a.m. ET, Dennis' maximum sustained winds increased to 150 mph, making it a very dangerous Category 4 major hurricane. The hurricane's pressure dropped sharply earlier in the morning, prompting the intensification. Remember, a Category 5 hurricane has sustained winds greater then 155 mph so Dennis is indeed a very strong Category 4.”

Let’s keep all our Brothers and Sisters who are in the path of this storm in our prayers! It’s not looking good, but perhaps the Lord will intervene and decrease it’s strength and devastation [Prayer]

--------------------

bygrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bygrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Peh and Hisgrace and everyone!

Things are starting to get stressful here now, especially for the many elderly. We that are able to get around are blessed to be able to prepare.
your prayers are so appreciated.
bygrace

Posts: 162 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome back bygrace and HFHS.

My prayers are with you bygrace and all concerned during this stressful hour. [Prayer]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peh
Advanced Member
Member # 4446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for peh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great to see your posting again, HFHS.

bygrace, my prayers are with you and your city.

--------------------
St. Peh
I don't know everything but I know the One Who does.

Posts: 255 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Father have Your hand upon our Dear Sister in Christ, and each of her loved ones. Draw them near, hold them close, lift them up and lead them through this time of anxiety and concern. Fill their hearts with peace Lord, and as You once spoke to the storm Your awesome words, "Peace be still", may You draw down the winds and provide comfort and protection to all who are vulnerable. In Jesus' name.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bygrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bygrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all!

I am glad to be here again, and need the spiritual support!

I'll keep you posted.

bygrace

Posts: 162 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

You're already back! Yea!!!!

My Sister, you will be constantly in my prayer through this!

I honestly don't believe the naming of this storm (Dennis) was at all by chance... I have a feeling he's gonna be a real Mennace! [cool_shades]

--------------------

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bygrace, you are all in our prayers and I am so glad to see you back here!!! God keep you and your house through this storm!
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will definitely be praying for you and everyone

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bygrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4847

Hello everyone,

Please pray for all of us here that are in the direct path of Hurricane Dennis.
Our city is still on it's knees from less than a year ago when Ivan ripped us apart....There are still many not back in their own homes. After Sunday I may not be able to post for a bit so please remember all that are affected by this storm.
bygrace

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement