Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Need emergency prayer

Author Topic: Need emergency prayer
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll pray for you too Laurie. I know that has to be stressful. I think Linda had some very wise councel to give. This really is an awful weekend for traveling by car, perhaps the Lord was keeping you from something even more diasterous. Cast your burdens upon him and he won't fail you!

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dcmbrnite
Advanced Member
Member # 4819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dcmbrnite         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[hug]

I can only imgine what you maybe going through...

I will hold you both in my prayers.

I remember hearing God has a reason for everything-and though you may not see those reasons-in God's time it will be revealed.

I once heard story of a woman who was on her way to work but her car had broken down. She was very frustrated and upset with the situation. Later, in the day though she had found out that there had been an accident on the route she usually takes about the same time she would have been there. God saved her... least that is what I'd like to believe.

I realize this isn't the same circumstances, however, I do believe there is a reason... and God will reveal that to you in His time.

God will provide for your needs, but you must pray and ask him. I am certain you and your Husband are already doing so... in the meantime-keep your faith strong and know we will be here for you.

Posts: 21 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 18 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Life can be overwhelming sometimes, but God is always still in control. Standing in agreement with these prayers, Laurie. [Prayer]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have learned that the toughest times end up being the times when I draw closer to God and end up learning so much more then I would have if I didn't go through stressful times. Of course those times don't seem like any good can come out of them like when my husband lost his job because the plant closed and all last winter we were struggling and he couldn't find another job. I live way in the country. There were other things that happened also but I think you get what I'm saying.

Job was also going through tough times, more than I could have ever imagined going through so I try to remember that God has good things in store for those who keep the faith during the troubled times. Remember, Job was returned all he lost and more. Job NEVER cursed God so my prayer is that you will learn completely on him through this tough time, just as I prayed in your other post.

Lord, I ask you to hold Laurie's hand right now and if her grip starts to slip from yours, I pray you will grab her hand and hold it tight so she isn't able to leave your side, your comfort, your love or your rest. Hold her tightly and I ask that you provide for all of her needs. Father your Word says that you feed the birds of the air so I pray you will also feed and cloth Laurie and her family. I thank you Lord because in spite of all obstacles before us, you have rewards in the end. I pray you will show Laurie the big picture in the end so she isn't totally focused on the situations that are temporarily in front of her.

I thank you for Laurie and that you LOVE HER with a love that surpasses anything we could ever imagine.

Hold her closer of God.

In Jesus Name,
Amen

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sure you did not make God mad; maybe you are being spared from something? An accident? Maybe you are supposed to go with someone else and God is working that out.... I dont know, but I know thatGod is in control. And you are in HIS hand.

Give to him what you cannot handle and let him handle it; if you cant change it, then it is not for you to stress about it is his burden and he will bear it.

You cannot worry about the financial drain right now, if you are meant to go this funeral you will get there safe and sound.

Lifting you up in prayer right now sister. I know this seems overwhelming but God does his best work right in the middle of overwhelming. Dont look at the tree and the car and the time, look at HIM.

God loves you and he will not fail you.

I love you too and We are praying for you, have been and will continue to do so.

May you be filled with HIS peace and may he direct your path and meet all your needs. God bless and keep you and your house!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For pete's sake. We rented a car to go to my uncle's funeral with plans to leave tomorrow morning. My husband went out to load up some of our stuff and a huge tree had fallen on the car and damaged it. Now we are up terribly late trying to deal with all the legalities, may miss the funeral entirely, and are going to be set back money we just cannot afford.

We have another situation I can't elaborate upon right now as well that looks as if to be huge financial drain on us at a time when it just seems impossible.

This just all seems like too much. Did I make God mad at me or something?

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement