Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Uncle needs prayer - Cancer

Author Topic: Uncle needs prayer - Cancer
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your welcome and I will continue to pray for your family.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen, Sister Carmela, and thank you [Smile]
Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Father God, I rejoice in believing that you took Terry home to be with you. Although it's hard to let go, we will believe that you have called him home and we are thankful that you will give him a perfect body that is free of cancer and pain.

I pray Father that you will be strength for the family members that love him so much. Father, I ask you to put your wings of love and protection around each person so that they will feel spiritually lifted above the pain and the grief and they will know you are their comforter. Lord, I just ask you to shower Your love and Your favor upon this family through this time. I ask you to draw those that don't know you to your side. Bind their hearts to yours so they will not run away but they will know of your goodness your mercy and your abundant love that is more abundant then anything they could ever ask or imagine.

Shower them with more of you Lord Jesus. Your word says you are our comforter and I thank you Lord that you have made that known to us. I thank you Lord and I lift this prayer before your throne.

In Jesus Name, Amen

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She's passed now. but, a while back they said my grandma had only 3 or 6 months left (not sure) and she lasted about 3 or 4 more healthy, good years. Then, she lasted quite a while at the nursing home (the one for very ill people not regular nursing home) when most last 2 weeks if that. I belive her faith in God pulled her through. I didn't belive in God at the time and I never relaly talked with her much on faiht, but I believe it helps.

I will pray about it.

--------------------
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/forum
Support the mother who lost her son protest the war
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/

here are my comments, I am UHaventDoneNothin
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/node/121

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 18 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Prayer]

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 18 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear about your uncle, Laurie. At least he didn't have to go through another 6-12 months of suffering. God made his death speedy.

A prayer has been said for you and the family for comfort during this difficult grieving period. Praying that God grants journeying mercies for all who have to travel to the funeral. [Prayer]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LaurieFl: May God bring you and your family comfort in this time of loss and we will keep you all in our prayers.
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He died this morning. My mother and grandmother, as well as his wife and children are sorely grieving.

I am grieving as well, but last night I was overwhelmed with this image of Christ walking the last leg of this journey alongside my uncle. Christ walked to His own death with full knowledge of what would happen to Him, and His blessed sacrifice defeated the power of the grave over us and I believe He will never allow one of His children to go through this alone. As the family being left behind, we grieve and sorrow for our loss, but I have to wonder if their is a bit of anticipation at the last for the child of God who knows he or she is going home to meet their Lord.

Please pray for my family and for traveling mercies for those of us who will be heading to the funeral.

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lifting up your family in prayer Laurie. We must never give up [Prayer]
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Thank you for your prayers, all of you.

The cancer has metasthesized (no clue if I spelled that right!) as I suspected from the list of symptoms. The doctor has predicted perhaps 6-12 months *if* he undergoes radiation and chemo. We know that God is an awesome God though and that He can heal Uncle Terry miraculously. If that is not in God's will though, we also know that He will be there for my Aunt and for my cousins and that all things do work together for the good of them who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

I pray that this situation, my mom's brain tumor, and the recent tragic death of my cousin's husband all work to bring my family to it's knees before the throne of God and that any and all who are not right with the Lord fully surrender their will to His now.

evangelistdare
Advanced Member
Member # 4746

Icon 1 posted      Profile for evangelistdare   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gracious Father I come to your blessed throne of grace lifting up this dear brother and uncle who has cancer...Lord I ask that you have your will and your way in him and in this all..that you strengthen and encourage his heart today and those of his family.Lord we dont always know your sovereign will but we know that what ever it is that we can place our faith and trust in you that it is for our good and your glory....for your word declares that " ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR OUR GOOD FOR THOSE WHO LOVE GOD AND ARE CALLED ACCORDING TO HIS PURPOSE"...THANK YOU LORD JESUS FOR THAT PROMISE AND REASURRANCE .Lord we ask also that you just envelope this dear brother in your presense where comfort and hope and peace is found.Give him and his family all that they need in the days weeks and months ahead for its in Christ precious and matchless name I do ask it all amen and amen

God bless you sister

--------------------
In Christ's service always, Evangelist Dare

Gal 1:10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

Posts: 177 | From: n.c. | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prayers going up for strength for you and your family Laurie during this difficult time, and praying that, through faith, your uncle will be healed. [Prayer]
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 18 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LaurieFL,

Just wanted you to know I prayer for this today.

God bless,
David

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

My mother's oldest brother has just been found to have cancer. I tried to not alarm my mom , but from what is described to me it sounds extremely serious. They found a tumor in his esophagus, his lymph nodes are swollen, he has been running fever for weeks and has been unable to eat. I know medicine has come a long way, but this sounds rather serious to me.

He is a Christian so I believe that he would go home to Christ is he were to not make it, but his family (wife and children) would miss him so much.

I ask that you all pray for the comfort of the family and for God's will to be done regarding his health. There is no harm in asking for healing, so I am doing that for him as well.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement