Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Job situation

Author Topic: Job situation
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Having been through this type of situation Redkermit, I highly encourage you to seek God's will in this first of all, and then to actively begin a job search. You don't have to take any job that isn't right for you, but actively getting on the searching path can't hurt. A company that is hemorrhaging like this is not a good place to be working because of the negative atmosphere and you never know from one day to the next if you will have a job tomorrow.
Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praise God redkermit!! Will say a prayer for your teammate. [Prayer]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all very much for your prayers. It appears I live to die another day! [Wink]

My company has been steadily getting smaller since I started, so I'm certainly not comfortable, although I am thankful. I will still be keeping my eyes open for other opportunities.

I do ask that you would say a prayer for a teammate of mine that is getting married in September, and she was one of the ones let go.

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be praying for you and your job also for everything to be just fine for you.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will pray again. Don't be discouraged. God is bigger than the bosses. [Smile]

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by redkermit:
The rumor is that the first group of cuts will find out their fate tomorrow.

The meetings have been put off until Monday.

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i will be sure to pray for you about this [Smile]

--------------------
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/forum
Support the mother who lost her son protest the war
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/

here are my comments, I am UHaventDoneNothin
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/node/121

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

The rumor is that the first group of cuts will find out their fate tomorrow.

[Prayer]

--------------------

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying that you will be able to keep your job redkermit!! [Prayer]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course, I will. My son was one of those who lost his job at EnRon so I understand. In his case, God used his lay off for good. My son was an agnostic. Alittle over a year ago, he gave his heart to Jesus and now works in the Church.
But, I will pray that God will give your peace and either allow you to keep your job or provide a even better job really soon!
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

My employer announced today that we lost a major client, which will result in three waves of layoffs, beginning in about two weeks. The job market is terrible in my area, and although it's never a good time to lose a job, things are really tight right now. I would appreciate any prayers. Thank you.

--------------------

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement