Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Going to the next level

Author Topic: Going to the next level
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the report. Don't feel badly, we all have been quilty of letting our fears getting the best of us. I know because of brain tumors being a history in my family, every time I have bad headache my mind starts thinking. So I understand where you are coming from. I will be praying for you a swift recovery.
God bless you.
betty [hug]

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mohawk
Advanced Member
Member # 2898

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mohawk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UPDATE: Thank you all for your prayer and support. I was able to see a doctor yesterday -- a very good man (and staff) that I was able to communicate with and felt very comfortable -- and learned that the problem I thought I had was a false alarm. The symptoms I had were real, but caused by a much simpler (less serious) condition to treat.

All that time God was taking care of me, and I was freaking out over something entirely different. Did I ever claim to be the one in control? [Wink] If I did, I was mistaken!
Thank you all again -- please keep 'em coming!

Posts: 223 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
din_na2004
Advanced Member
Member # 4494

Icon 18 posted      Profile for din_na2004   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heavenly Father,

By your grace and mercy you give us hope. You open our eyes and hearts through your wonders. You gave our brother Mohawk wisdom to see what pains him. Your hand is full of love, place your healing hand upon him Lord and drive away all that is causing him pain.

--------------------
Galatians 2:10 All they asked was that we should continue to remember the poor, the very thing I was eager to do.

Join us to expand the fathers kingdom.
www.kingdomofhopeandlight.com/chestnut

Posts: 29 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mohawk
Advanced Member
Member # 2898

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mohawk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks. I am coming along--and intent on seeking help. My eyes are being opened to a number of things that have contributed to my feeling crummy.

Woody, I appreciate the offer of literature--I have so many similar things in my bookshelf at home that one more would get lost. The fact is I think one of my faults is that I have selfhelped myself into a state of information overload at the moment.

Bipolarism is definitely on the table, along with other maladies. God is telling me to be still, and seek calmness. It's tough. I think I am being reshaped--a process that I have been made keen witness to for about 3 years now. The way I took care of myself before is failing, and God is showing me that.

Thank you for all your prayers--please keep it coming. Your small moments spent on me are not in vain, or unappreciated.

Posts: 223 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
woody
Advanced Member
Member # 3233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for woody     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mohawk,
A check up with the doctor could be a lot cheaper than doing nothing. You could be bipolar.

A good book / workbook combination to understand other forces in your life and help you take your spiritual life to the next level is John Eldridge's Waking the Dead.

Pretty expensive over $30 for the pair, so knowing your $ situation, if you will to the best of your ability use the set, I will mail you a set.

Send me your snail mail adress.

Woody
u2canride@adelphia.net

Posts: 25 | From: Carlsbad, CA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some great advice from Sister Betty, mohawk. The Bible and prayer are always the best answer.

Recently I had planned to do some sewing on my sewing machine and it konked out on me. I tried absolutely everything and couldn't get it to work. That doesn't sound like much, but there were other things on my mind as well, and I felt as if I was starting to emotionally lose control. I started repeating the 23rd Psalm and felt a calm right away. [updown]

That is one Psalm worth memorizing. Praying for you mohawk.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right now my head is fogged up, but I have added your name to my prayer list. I come from a family that sufferes from depression and lost my youngest sister to suicide. I can tell you that when we seek God, He brings the answer. Sometimes the answer comes little by little. Along with depression I have ADD. What is weird is when I became afflected with this crippling disease that I have, I began to do crochet and other needle work. Working with my hands has helped me with the ADD. As far as depression, I am not good at praying for myself, but I have found that many times after spending time in prayer for others, spending time looking up verses to send to others in a letter to encourage them, I found encouragment and help at the same time.

For the moment, I suggest that you begain to pray for others. To get the Bible out and look for verses to encourage others with and than watch as God begins to open your heart and fill your life with His love. Look for a hobby that you can do with your hands. There are men that take up knitting and crocheting. Maybe there is a another talent that you have that you can use for the Glory of God. Seek that out. God bless you!
I will pray for you.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mohawk
Advanced Member
Member # 2898

Icon 11 posted      Profile for mohawk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone

I am patiently letting the words come, here. I suppose I am seeking prayer support for all of life's little turmoils that are pounding me today. The Lord has done so much, and in retrospect I see that He has made His presense very clear. (I tend to see things better in the rear view mirror and am making an effort to train myself to look forward with recognition rather than behind.)

I have a few health issues that I need to bring to the foot of the throne--both physical and emotional.

I have been having some digestive trouble, and various aches and pains that are becoming a habit. The Lord revealed something very important to me about my health recently--now I need revelation as to how to break my old habits that have caused the trouble.

Emotionally my problems may be a bit more complex. Lately (the past month or so) I have noticed myself going into mental tailspins. Peaks and valleys of low-grade depression and exhuberance that both come out of nowhere without any conscious reason. When I am down, I am in doubt even of my near future--and when I am up I can never seem to channel the positive energy effectively. It's either depressed or joyous--accompanied by a state of nonproductive confusion. Worst of all I am aware of these states while in them, and frustrated all the more by that. I also have bouts of what I call "mental tourette's moments." Is it stress? Am I blowing off steam or mentally becoming a potty-mouthed scrooge? (I have never done this out loud, thank His grace, it's all been in my head.)

My insurance (through my work) is based mainly on only providing for emergency care--and with empty pockets, a routine doctor visit becomes a major decision. The Lord has been blessing me in other areas--but these basic places in my life are showing signs of trouble and will derail me. I need some kind words, and a prayer or two. Thanks.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement