Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » requesting your prayers--and advice.

Author Topic: requesting your prayers--and advice.
woody
Advanced Member
Member # 3233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for woody     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It will come and it will be worth it all. I lost the greatest job in the world one year ago. But God is faithful. I thought I was growing because of that job, God showed me if I would submit I would grow even more without that job (not that I don't miss parts of it especially the money and sense of satisfaction).

We will continue to pray for you.

Posts: 25 | From: Carlsbad, CA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kuukuu
Community Member
Member # 4406

Icon 18 posted      Profile for kuukuu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are all wonderful! Betty thanks for being the cheering section. Somedays the weight of all this plus my family life makes you truly understand the part of the verse "...if you faint not". I trust that I will in due time reap.

Hopeful, I'm so happy that our Lord has sent you to encourage me to make that leap...I'll let you know when I'm out of the boat!

While I doubt that I'll be sueing the hospital though, Woody, I'm afraid if I don't say something, they'll keep going after the poor and helpless who have no way to get a lawyer and extricate themselves from this type of situation. I honestly believe this might be a good place to help make new legislation to keep the hospitals from selling bills the insurance has denied, and holds the member blameless for, to collection agencies who hound people to the point that they believe they have no where to turn to. I know I don't want to be a slave to debt, no rational person would. I remember having been told once that Satan attacks you where you are about to receive a blessing, or a breakthrough. I'm not sure of any scriptural basis for this assumption, but without that basis it's hard to discount. Perhaps I should re-read Job? Sometimes I feel so dense. Like I should know all this already. Having rambled enough, thanks again and all advice and prayers are greatly appreciated. I pray I can catch on make sense of what God's trying to teach me. Thanks!

Posts: 16 | From: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
woody
Advanced Member
Member # 3233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for woody     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry I hit the wrong button.
previous post continued.

Dream Giver by Bruce Wilkerson

First book should have been: If you want to walk on water, you've got to get out of the boat. by John Ortberg.

Love in Christ, we are praying for both areas.

Posts: 25 | From: Carlsbad, CA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
woody
Advanced Member
Member # 3233

#1 as to the hospital:
Jesus taught us (Matt 5:38 ff)

38Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
39But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
40And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.
41And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
42Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
43Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
46For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
47And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
48Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

We are not of the world, so we don't think or act like the world.

Try to settle you differences with the hospital in a reasonable manner. But if all else fails pay them what they say you owe. Afterall it is God's money, isn't it? He, the lord of the universe will make it up to you. YES, YES, He is able, MORE than able.

#2 As for your job.
God may be using this job to change you, change your boss, or He may be using it to push you out of the nest.
Examine your heart and attitudes, ask God's guidance and don't rush into anything. Paul tells us to remain in the state God found us (slave or free, married or single) yet allows us to change(gain our freedom or marry)only with God's direction.
Good growth (self examination) books are:
Walking on the Water by
Waking the Dead by John Eldredge
(book and workbook)
Praying for you

HopefulHeart
Advanced Member
Member # 4525

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HopefulHeart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Betty that this is not a job market for finding jobs when you don't have one, but I feel compelled to tell you not to be afraid to quit with out a job lined up, I will tell you my story,

Although I wasn't a "Christian", I prayed all my adult life for children. I had a hard time getting pregnant and was very depressed in my job. One day I walked out, no notice, nothing. I didn't know what I was going to do and I had bills. I went home and cancelled a lot of things that I didn't need. I ended up with a job paying next to nothing, in walking distance from my home and a few months later, I was pregnant with my daughter. Life was so much better for me. Now I'm a stay at home mom of two children. I go to college and just became a child of God two weeks ago. I found you all on this site and I'm in a church that I like for my children, but may not be right for me, but I'm going to keep looking. I'm not going to give up.

My father and his wife, both Christians, felt that they needed a change, she lost her job after 20+ years and could not get another job in the area, dad was tired of the city life and they moved to a small country town where there are next to no jobs within an hour commute. They are much happier, God is provided them with everything they need, even small jobs to get by when they need it.

I'm not telling you to quit you're job, but I'm saying don't be afraid if it is something you find you have to do, God knows what he's doing and will protect you and take care of you.

While you're stressed with the current job, you're forcing yourself to look for something so you can leave, we all know "a watched pot never boils" If you're looking too hard, you won't see anything. You may need to lay back and relax so that it can happen for you.

That's just my oppinion.
God Bless you with your decision.
Jo

--------------------
Make my roots deep and strong so that I may stand tall for Harvesting.

Posts: 21 | From: Germany | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The New Testament talks about believers not suing believers. I see no reason you cannot sue the hospital. A Christian many times unfortuntly is drawn into a court room, such as a divorce they don't want or having to fight for legal rights. I would contact an attorney and see what your legal rights are. Of course don't stop praying for the suitation. God can solve it either with court or without. My daughter is having to fight for custody of her child. She too is praying for God to work without the court but will go to court if she has to.
But don't feel badly. I will pray for your job suitation. If you have to go, find a job first. This is not a job market that allows one to quit a job before getting a new job.
God bless you.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kuukuu
Community Member
Member # 4406

Icon 18 posted      Profile for kuukuu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a long drawn out problem(s). I work in an office with 5 other people. My boss is a gay man who has taken great pains to make me feel uncomfortable in my position there. The only reason I've stayed this long is because of the benefits. However God has shown me that having insurance is no guarantee against getting bills from the hospital. The hospital has been sending me bills for things my insurance provider has said I do not owe. I'm now to the point where I'm tired of working for this hospital's billing department (which I don't)in having to re-submit these bills for my insurance provider to sort through. I'm working with my insurance provider and a Christian attorney to get them to call off the dogs and stop sending me bills. I've not been able to find any scripture to support sueing them, nor any against it. The hospital is a non-Christian organization, if it makes any difference. And as to my job, in prayer I've asked for peace about staying there if it is the Lord's will that I stay there. In answer to that prayer I've had a panic attack in the office almost everyday. No peace. I'm not sure where he wants me to go or when, or to do what. All I can say is it's time to go. I want more than anything to be obedient to him. Any suggestions on how to do this honorably in regards to my boss? One more thing if I may be so bold, The young lady at my insurance provider's office who has been so helpful to me in all this needs prayer for her mother, Virginia, now recovering from an operation for cancer. I can't imagine how stressful it must be to have to work and then have a parent so ill. The young woman's name is Annette. If we could hold these women up in prayer and their families as well, I'm sure the enemy can be driven out. Thanks one and all for anything you can do or suggest.

Kuukuu

Posts: 16 | From: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement