Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Please pray for my daughter

Author Topic: Please pray for my daughter
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
woody

God bless you think you so very much for your prayers.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
woody
Advanced Member
Member # 3233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for woody     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty,

Be not discouraged! Your family has been tested in many ways. This does not mean God doesn't love you or that you are in sin.

Job was tested, far greater than your family has. Why was Job tested, to bring honor and glory to God. But God's testimony was that Job was a servant to be proud of.

Joseph was sold into slavery and falsley accused and sent to prison. According to Joseph God meant it for good.

David was annointed as God's chosen king. Then ran for his life for ten years. Yet we know David as the man who loved God with his whole heart.

When trials come we examine ourselves to be sure their is no sin in us. This does not mean we will ever find ourselves perfect; yet, we study to show ourselves approved and know that God loves us. After all He loved us while we were yet sinners.

Find the areas God convicts you of, work on them, and forget what the naysayers say.

As for your daughter amd son in law they need to pray over what church they attend and why. The reasons we choose one church over another should be few:
1. Can this church help me love Jesus more?
2. Can I help this church love Jesus more?
3. Is this where God wants me?

We are praying for your family, you, and the specifics you have asked for. Keep the requests coming.

A lurker (one who does not post much), But a praying lurker.

In Christ's Love

Posts: 25 | From: Carlsbad, CA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will be praying for you family Betty. We have discussed the United Pentecostal Church before and I believe there are some grave concerns about their doctrine. Isn't it true that they don't believe in the Trinity? [Eek!]

When a faith group breaks away from the traditional church, they seem to have their own personal agenda, not always Bible-based.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Look To The Skies
Member # 4427

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Look To The Skies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She will be in my prayers, Ma'am.

--------------------
This is my shop -- Wings Of Liberty

Posts: 3 | From: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been praying for your family, Miss Betty, and will continue to do so, especially adressing the transportation issue for your son-in-law.
Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow Betty, that's sad! I'm sorry to hear she's going though that. I'll pray for her.

As much as your Daughter should 'honor' her mother-in-law, the only oppinion that really counts is what Jesus thinks of her. Not any human or religious affiliation. The best you can do for her is to pray and remind her to keep her focus on the Lord and try to let the darts from her mother-in-law be deflected by her Spiritual Armor [Wink]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 20 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you. I talked to my daughter yesterday and she is so discouraged. Her mother-in-law who has not been to Church in two years, accused my daughter of living wrong. She feels that my daughter and her husband must be doing something wrong for God to be mad at them. My daughter and her husband attend Church every service and she sings in the choir and he plays guitar at Church.
Needless to say this made my daughter angry.
Her mother in law always looked down on her because we attended the Assembly of God Church and her mother in law did attend United Pentecostal Church. My daughter switched to her mother in law's Church. My daughter now wears her hair long, no pants and no jewerly but obviously it is not enought for her mother in law.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i will continue to pray for them Mrs. Betty.

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are applying for a loan for a used car today. Finally her husband has a job and no car. (theirs died the day he got a job)
thanks
betty

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement