Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Travel and training for new job

Author Topic: Travel and training for new job
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying for your needs Sis, and giving thanks to our Lord for the blessings you give to the hearts of others.

Would it be possible to look for a lower heel, and go a half or even one size larger with a gel/heavy-duty insole. It might relieve some of the strain.

God bless you.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I can say is that your prayers coupled with those of folks at my church and my own sure were answered. The Lord made my drive down and back very peaceful and safe and I suffered no panic attacks and never got lost. Also, once in Orlando, He provided me with two lovely Christian sisters in the class, and we were each other's support group and carpool all week!

I learned a lot in the training and only hope I can do it justice this week in practice at my branch. I don't want to make any mistakes with real money! The training showed me a couple of weak areas I have, such as not always checking the written amount of the check versus the numeric amount, so I know to try to be more cautious about that.

I ask for continued prayers for the pain I have been suffering at the job as I have to stand all day in dress shoes. I have multiple foot/tendon problems so it has been really tough, so I need your prayers!! I love the work so far and the people, so if I can grow accustomed to or find ways to prevent the pain, it will be an awesome job.

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mohawk
Advanced Member
Member # 2898

Icon 4 posted      Profile for mohawk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Laurie

How wonderful you are back on track forward! Praise Him, huh?

Okay... I often wonder about this. I was raised by a mother who feared big cities, and even venturing beyond her own county line, with a passion. And I was taught to drive on old country roads where you could see another car coming well in advance. Naturally whenever I found myself needing to drive in large cosmopolitan areas, I was concerned about "choking" behind the wheel.

But the first time I had to drive the maddening freeway labrynth of San Francisco, something happened in the car that I can only attribute to a divine inspiration. My mind suddenly envisioned my mother sitting in the car with me, fitfully afraid of the spaghetti-tangle of off-and-on-ramps and the zillion cars.

And I had to keep her calmed down as I drove. "See mom, we got in the right lane to make that turn... that intersection was brutal but found the freeway entrance okay... see, our exit is the one after this one... etc. "

In retrospect, the Lord showed me that not only was I up to the challenge, He gave me (at least that day) a strategy to do it all smoothly, and sanely. I have since taken on Los Angeles, Seattle, San Jose, Oakland, Portland, Vancouver, and Western Seaboard et al... if not like a "pro," at least like a resident. He is with us--even on the turnpike!

P.S. I long since don't need my mom as co-pilot anymore, though I do miss her! [Wink]

Posts: 223 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Lord, alleviate all of Laurie's fears and grant her a safe trip.
Give her a tremendous week of gaining knowledge and presentation of herself as a exemplary student and employee.
Asking in the name of your honour and glory alone, Amen [Prayer] .

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 18 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heavenly Father,
Please go with Laurie and give her a great trip. Help it to me a calm peaceful trip with wonderous results for her. May she come back with a great testimony of Your love and protection.
Amen
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am leaving tomorrow for training for my new job. I have suffered in the past from extremem driving phobias, especially in big cities and on interstates. While the Lord has given me much grace and strength this past year in overcoming this problem, it does still appear every now and then. This trip will involve my driving out of town to a big city, so I am a bit nervous. My old car is rattling and making noises, so I am praying it will serve me well for this trip.

Anyway, please pray for me that I am safe on the interstate and have peace of mind and drive well, without panic attacks, and that my car performs safely. Please pray that I learn from my training and present myself as an exemplary student and employee, doing all as if unto God. I ask also that you pray that the light of my Savior shine upon my classmates and teachers through me.

Thanks all and I will talk to you in a week. Many of you are in my prayers daily and will be while I am gone.

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement