Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Please pray for my healing

Author Topic: Please pray for my healing
tenboom155
Advanced Member
Member # 4358

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tenboom155     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a suggestion,
When I have bad problems like that, I run hot water into a washrag and then squeeze it out. Then I put it over my whole face and breath in the moisture through my mouth and nose both. It helps me alot.

--------------------
My 2 Cents--pardon my poor spelling.

Posts: 52 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PublicNewSense
Advanced Member
Member # 4339

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PublicNewSense     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Consider it done!

--------------------
 -
If you were arrested for being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you?

Posts: 61 | From: Seattle | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RisamyRisa
Advanced Member
Member # 1854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RisamyRisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there, haven't seen anyone for awhile (I too should check in more often!). I am a frequent sufferer of sinus infections and bronchitis, so I thought I would share a tip with you: heating pads are WONDERFUL for sinus problems. The area of my cheek bones just swell with the same problems you've mentioned, and alternating the sides of my face on a heating pad (set at medium, don't burn yourself!) helped relieve the pain and even helped it drain a little bit. I'm no doctor but it has worked for me! I'll be praying for you! [Smile]

--------------------
Being a Christian is like being a pumpkin.. God picks you from the patch and washes the dirt off. He cuts out the top and removes the yucky stuff, and then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light in you to shine for all the world to see!

Posts: 108 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying for you Betty. [Prayer]

Glad to see that you and your husband are starting to feel comfortable in your new church. [Smile]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hooray! God is so good to us, isn't He? I will be continuing to pray for your healing and pain relief.
Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks soft touch for your prayers. Hubby says that tonight's service was the best, so far. It was about the study of the anit-christ and was really interesting. God was with me and I did not have to take a pain pill until we got in the car, so I was able to listen more clearly.
hugs,
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Kiss] I Love You My Sister! I'll keep you in prayer. That sounds very painful [Frown]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you both for your prayers. I am feeling better today then last night. The doctor just said that it sometimes takes 20 days for the infection to leave completely. But my mouth still feels so weird. It feels all puffy like when you get a novacne shot at the denist and yet it hurts. It is like my lips and my cheeck on the right side has lost feeling and yet it can still be so painful.
We leave in about 30 min for Bible study. I am going to take two ibropan and I think I will be okay but I am going to take a bottle of pain medication just in case. (soft touch, you made me feel not quilty, if i need to take it. Thank you for your kindness.
God bless you and Laurie.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be praying for you.
Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
{{{{Betty}}}}}

You have my prayers. I don't check this forum like I should [Frown] so I don't know if this is something you've talked about before?

What did the doctor say?

I think it's Wonderful that your hubby want's to go to Bible Study! I can understand your not wanting to be 'doped up' but know that the Lord understands what you're feeling. It might be good for you to go just to be that support your husband needs (regardless of the pain meds)... also, you can ask the folks there to pray over you. If there's an Elder there, ask if they'll anoint you with oil and prayer for healing [Smile] Then again, if the pain's too much then of course you should stay and rest. I'm sure you'll make the right call!

You'll be in my prayers! Love in Messiah,
Deb

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 9 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to the doctor for the third time in two weeks. Last night the pain was worse than ever. I had to take two pain pills in two hours. If I had had insurace I would have gone to the hospital. Please pray that God will give me a complete healing. Hubby wants to go to Bible study at 5:30 today but he won't go without me. Please pray that I will be without pain and can go. I don't want to have to be so doped up on pain medication that I can't study God's word.
thank you in advance for your prayers.
betty

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement