Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » prayer for this message board

Author Topic: prayer for this message board
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
rhawkins

I agree with you hon. We should pray for this board. This board is a becaon for the Lord and is often under attack by the devil. But, don't let the attacks discourage you. I myself was attacked several times and even told flat out that I am not saved because I am handicapped. But, something wonderful happend from that attack. I begin to cry out to God and He comforted me and strengethen me. I am a much stronger Christian that I was even 4 months ago.
I believe you are very sweet person and of course seeing Christians argue is dishearting. But remember all families fuss. The key is loving each other no matter what.
love,
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mohawk
Advanced Member
Member # 2898

Icon 17 posted      Profile for mohawk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Rhawkins

Your post is quite interesting. It sounds like you have read things on this message board that you did not agree with. Let me be the first to say that I have never seen any gathering of believers (in person, or on the internet) where every single person saw eye-to-eye about every subject. I would also like to add that I have always considered myself a very sensitive observer when it comes to gatherings for Christian fellowship. Not that I have ever been one to sew discord, but when I encounter people spouting doctrine that strikes me as odd or interpretted subjectively, my inner red flags are always quick to spring up. In the time I have spent on this message board, I have never encountered any fellow Post-writer who triggered my internal warning signals. The fellowship found here is honest, open, and for the most part very solid scripturally.

There was only one time I recall not too long ago, in which someone posted something that obviously tried to twist His word into a New-Agey formula for loose, nonChristrian thinking... and several members were onto that person right away. That person was not dealt with harshly either, but was witnessed to, with the love of Christ, and was invited to stay in the hope that his/her mind would be renewed according to His will.

Let me leave myself vulnerable to you, rhawkins, by stating my belief. I believe in faith that Jesus, the Christ, is the one who, as John 1:1 states, is the living Word of God, God's son, and who is himself God. He was crucified for my sins and I am washed in His blood. He was risen from death and lives eternally, and through Him I am saved, and have the promise of eternal life. I believe that no one can connect to the Father but through Him.

Now, I make no claim to be perfect. I am saved only by His grace, and can do nothing to earn my way into Heaven by my own works alone. I am tempted and tried like anyone, and make my share of mistakes, but thank God daily for His forgiveness, which was purchased for me at the cross.

That is the message at the base of everything I have ever posted on this message board, and will continue to be. I am sorry if anyone has posted something you found offensive, or did not stack up to your personal standard. Please stay with us a while, rhawkins, and I think you'll see that this is a fine place for fellowship, and your views will be respected. All that is asked in return is a reflection of that same respect. In fact, this board has been my fellowship home for a time--and everyone has been gracious, open and genuinely friendly to me. I thank God for them.

I invite you to stay, and encourage you to pray further about your involvement here... "test the spirits" as the Bible says. If you decide that you are being led elsewhere, do so with everyone's blessing, and love in Christ, and may God richly bless you with the fellowship destination you were meant for. Amen.

Posts: 223 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rhawkins
Member # 3947

Icon 18 posted      Profile for rhawkins   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My prayer request that i have is not for myself but for some select members of this board. First and foremost i pray for those decievers on here, that whether they know they are or not, that the Spirit will convict them. Also I prayer for others on this message board that are trying to speak up and out against the false teachings on here... I pray that the Lord strenghtens you and the Spirit gives you the words that need to be spoken. Do not allow Satan to silence you by telling you it is wrong to be upset with others, or because of those that persecute you cause of speaking out against these teaching, for blessed are those that are persecuted in his name!!! [Bible] [Prayer] [Bible]
Posts: 2 | From: illinois | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement