Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Down past the 25th Hour (3 days left) Please Help

Author Topic: Down past the 25th Hour (3 days left) Please Help
Joe and Susan Anderson
Community Member
Member # 3818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe and Susan Anderson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you every one for your words of encouragement. Joe's surgery went off as scheduled - he has now been in the hospital for 8 days and is having a very rough time. The drs said they may have to go back in to help relieve some of the pressure he is having in his stomach. I have been busy with the daunting task of having estate sales, sorting thru what we want to keep and what we want to donate. We appreciate all the prayers and believe that His Grace will pull us thru and that we will be better christians for it. It is only by humbling struggles and faith that great character can be born.

--------------------
Thank you and God Bless All

Joe, Susan, Nicole, and Rose Anderson

Posts: 13 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe and Susan Anderson
Community Member
Member # 3818

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Joe and Susan Anderson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just came back from the auction, no one bid on the house which is a good thing. As for surrender yes I have surrenderd. WE are now trying to assist another family in purchasing this house which it looks like they will be able to get it. We are happy for them, they are a good family and they will keep our kitty's for us. It also gives us a little more time to get our things in order. Its really hard to hold back the tears, but their has to be a plan from God. I think I will try again today and go and visit with my pastor. I am also thinking about asking the family if they would let my daughter Rose stay so that she can keep her friends and school. I know this is all temporary.
God Bless
Joe Anderson

--------------------

Posts: 13 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pastor Dave
Advanced Member
Member # 965

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pastor Dave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My prayers are continuing for you and your family.

--------------------
Your servant in Jesus our Christ, Pastor Dave

John 3:3
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Posts: 273 | From: Niles, Michigan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sorry, I was away yesterday most of the day dealing with a legal matter.

I am so happy you are surrendering yourself to God's will. I know it is so hard. He has to prune us so that we can yield more fruit sometimes. When times are easy, we so often forget our need for God. Our relationship with Him is often never stronger than when we are going through trials.

I will continue to lift you and your family up in my prayers. I wish I could send more money to you than I did, but am in such a similar situation to yours that I have not a lot to spare right now. I still believe that your actions of taking a leap of faith will allow Christ to reward you.

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe and Susan Anderson
Community Member
Member # 3818

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Joe and Susan Anderson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today is the day. 3 hours and 15 minutes till they auction our home. We have come to terms with the fact we have lost our home and no way of saving it. Please pray for us. We have raised very little money and we need a place to put all of our home furnishings. Our phone number is 503-788-1378. We have a PO box if anyone wants or can send us any donations. PO Box 744 Clackamas Oregon 97015. Or our email address is jandsanderson@comcast.net Any donations will be graciously accepted.

--------------------

Joe and Susan Anderson
Community Member
Member # 3818

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Joe and Susan Anderson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What to say? Anybody have a bus or RV they want to trade? Everything will be ok I know and believe this 100%. Laurie I called my pastor and I will go out and see him tommorrow.
I spoke to my oldest daughter and my son-in-law about Rose my 14 year old coming and staying with them today. I sat down with Rose last night and told her everything, that we were losing the house and mom and I are going to move into our 21' motor home, and that most of our pets 5 kittys we now have to find homes for them. She is hurt but ok with everything. Sue and I have come to terms with and are ok with us having to live out of our motor home.
Lord all I have to say is that again you have slapped me in the face and you and I know its not the first time. You have a mysterious way that you work. I remember just before I became sick and I was begging you for a miracle then because of the stress and heart ache my business was causing. Two days later I was in the hospital fighting for my life. Lord and I thank you for that, I am no longer in the maufufacturing or coffee business. And yes lord I have been stubborn and wanting my way for far too long. If my wife says she can be ok with all of this then so can I. The VA Center has RV spaces and I can stay there until I am recovered by then we should all know and see whatever your plan for us is.
It has helped both Susan and I to come here and read words of encouragement and even words we may not want to hear. Thank you all for being here. God Bless

--------------------

LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think part of the problem here is that your home should not be the source of the sense of security that you or family has. That should only come from God.

I lost everything this past year or so. I brought it on myself, by leading a life of self and relying upon the success that *I* had gained through my "hard work." (I am not saying oyu brought this upon yourself, as I do not know your circumtances beyond that of illness). I lost all of my savings and 401k after losing my job. I had to sell my beautiful dream home that I had custom built, and believe me, I lost almost everything in that sale, but the Lord provided enough out of the sale for us to continue to eat and pay the buills we needed to pay.

But you know what? I have GAINED EVERYTHING Praise God, I have no money and no home to call my home right now, but I have a renewed faith and dependence on my precious Jesus Christ. I am out from under that mortgage that was killing me while I had no job. I now have no ties and have the freedom to go where He tells me to go and do what He tells me to do!

I know that He is preparing me for something, something big! I know that He loves me more than a lily or a sparrow, and that He will not allow me to go hungry or to not have my needs met. God's children are not be borrowers or beggars, but are to be lenders. You shall have victory in this, if you stop clinging to your worldly goods and start clinging to God.

Please read Matthew chapter 6 and stop worrying and fretting. You are defying God when you do that. He knows your needs and if you trust Him, He can help you.

Matthew 6: 33-34 (New American Standard)

33 But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you

34 Therefore do not be anxious for tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Praise the Lord, you have some real opportunites to grow now in your faith, and so does your family. Please pray and seek out those who know you. Once again, I implore you to go to your church - not through e-mail, but in person or through the phone. If you have not been faithful to your Christian walk and really have no relationship with your church, now may be the time to start, there or elsewhere.

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe and Susan Anderson
Community Member
Member # 3818

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Joe and Susan Anderson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know you are there lord watching, and we are doing our best to stay strong. I pray for my son Eric that lives in Vero Beach Florida and the many thousands as they too have to rebuild their homes. Lord help us to understand just what your message is for us. Everyone tells us Lord to just have faith in you and sit back. Lord I don't believe that it is your wishes for us to sit here and do nothing. I believe that it is through our works and through you that our prayers are answered. Lord tell me how I can just sit here while my family loses their home and sense of security. Where is this lesson to go. Please Lord here my cry's forgive my sins, help my family lord as you help to rebuild so many others. In Jesus name amen

In 3 days our home will no longer be our home. We have tried through many sources and ways to overcome our financial situation. Today the demon's were out in full force. We had an auction canceled by a person whom complained that we were doing illegal acts on ebay. Accused us of being beggars and liars. I was so angry but all I could do was write the person and told him or her that I forgive you and I am sorry you are not a christian and that I will pray for them. We still have 2 auctions that are ok, and again I will ask please if you can spare anything at all, we are not lying we have no money, no place to go. I have a surgery in just 2 weeks. My daughter just started school. What are we to do?
Please go to the following auction sites and if you could leave anything at all we will be forever grateful.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39468&item=3929403145

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16710&item=5518384283

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement