Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Please pray for me.

Author Topic: Please pray for me.
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you!!

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SciptureAndPrayers
Advanced Member
Member # 3633

Icon 14 posted      Profile for SciptureAndPrayers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BatElohim,

The Lord loves peace and unity in His people. He is always ready to answer the prayers of those who likewise seek His will.

I'll continue to pray for you, your pastor, and your church.

God Bless you all. Amen.
[clap2]

--------------------
In Christ's love. Amen.

Posts: 345 | From: Rochester NY | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank ya'll so much for your prayers... I spoke to one of the ladies that I'm accountable to last night... she and the other lady had spoken to my pastor. This morning I received what I felt was a sincere apology and I responded to him in like. All is well again!! I'm so happy!
I think the best part was last night when I was praying I felt God's presence around me and at complete peace that all would be well. I felt like He was telling me that He loved me and that I am doing good (in my walk).
He has restored my peace and my joy! This morning's e-mail from my pastor was confirmation and direct answer to prayer!
Thank Ya'll again for your prayers and support!
Blessings!
Joanna.

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya'll are all right. I need to apologize again... it's just that I'm always the first to apologize and I'm not always the one that did anything wrong. I'm just staying away for a while until I can heal.
I appreciate your prayers and please know that I have listened (read) I agree and I will talk to him. The ladies that I am accountable to are going to talk to him first and have asked me to not contact him until they tell me it's ok. Our church has been through some terrible stuff this past few years and there are only about 6 or 7 families still here that were here 2 years ago when it all started. We went from over 200 per service to about 40, now we are back to about 120 on a good day. We are struggling and those of us that have been through it all are the ones fighting the hardest and doing all the work. I don't mind, but I have been fighting such horrible spiritual battles lately that I feel like giving up. I won't, I can't! I've tasted His presence, I can't live an eternity away from Him!!
Back on topic... I love my pastor and his family and I will get back in fellowship. I just have to wait.
Thanks again for your prayers. May Yahweh Shalom bless you all with His perfect peace!
Joanna.

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been hurt in the past by ministers, so I can relate. I know it is hard but apologize to your Pastor. If he is right with God, he should accept graciously. If he doesn't accept graciously, you should then look into finding a new Church home. But, I will be praying that he will accept it graciously. God will help you get over your hurt, He did for me.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pastor Dave
Advanced Member
Member # 965

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Pastor Dave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You and your church are in my payers. In these pariIn these perilous times in which we live every Christian needs the support of the local body to help us through the trials that are upon us. I am praying that you and your church will be reunited in unity and love.

Father send the Holy Spirit minister to Joanna and to her pastor that a humble attitude come upon both of them. May Joanna apologize and also may her pastor be an effective minister of the Word to her. In Jesus name Amen.

And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

--------------------
Your servant in Jesus our Christ, Pastor Dave

John 3:3
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Posts: 273 | From: Niles, Michigan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shadowmaker
Advanced Member
Member # 3696

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shadowmaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It takes a bigger person to apologize than to accept one. "I m Sorry" is one of the hardest phrases to say. Call your pastor and apologize.
"Pastor I m sorry and I love you, see you Sunday morning." If you both set back and wait for the other to apologize, it may never happen. As a Christian, right or wrong, apologize. It doesnt make you less of a person or make you look bad. And you ll feel better about the whole situation. Its funny how Satan works, uses our pride to against us.
My dad and granddad (moms Dad) havent spoken in over 5 yrs. My granddad is a deacon in the church. "why should I apologize first?" is what he ask. Its a shame the family has been broken up when a simple, "I m sorry" would ve fixed things.
Heres something else to think about, what if something happens to the pastor and you never get to tell him youre sorry? You ll spend the rest of your life wishing you had.
If he emailed you, hes trying, so help him out.

Brad

Posts: 272 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

thanks, wonderful_sky,
I know that God will reveal the answers and I probably won't like what I hear... things like forgive and you shall be forgiven, and pray for those who do evil against you... it's very hard. I want to forgive them and pray for them, but they do walk all over me, all the time. But my pastor e-mailed me this morning and kind of apologized. it wasn't a real apology, but i kind of got the feeling that that is what he wanted to say.
I'm still very hurt and confused. thanks for the prayers.
Joanna.

--------------------

wonderful_sky
Advanced Member
Member # 1808

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wonderful_sky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dearest Joanna,
You are in my thoughts and prayers. Churches are sometimes hard to deal with, because they are made up of people and people are hard to deal with. I am not sure what has happened between you and your church, but speaking from someone that has been there, done that, the Bible tells us we must be humble. Now humble doesn't mean that you should allow others to walk all over you, but that you should humble yourself before God.
Pro 29:23 A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit.

Mat 18:4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Mat 23:12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

Jam 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

1Pe 5:6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:

Take the time to think about what happened, how you handled it, how it was handled by others and then ask God, humbly, to reveal to you what you need to do. I had a similar incident happen to me in May. I have became a little gun shy about my service in the church, but I also know that God wants me to be there. Being humble is hard, especially when you are a head stong person (and I truely am!), but humble is mentioned 25 times in the Bible, each time telling us to humble ourselves for Him.

Hope that helps. I will keep praying for you. You know if you are wrong and you know the truth of what happened in your church, pray my friend. God will reveal the answers to you, but be aware, you might not like what He tells you!

In His Service
Sky [dance]

--------------------
He who kneels down to God, can stand up to anything [Prayer]

Posts: 220 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 19 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone, there has been a lot going on in my life the last 3 years or so, but in the last 2 weeks, it has been horrible. I've all but left my church. My pastor and I are not on speaking terms at the moment and I can't go back. My friends are all trying to get me to go back or at least find another church, but I've been hurt so bad that i don't want to find another church. What I really want is for God to fix the problems in me, so that i can apologize to my pastor and go back to my church.
Please pray for me. Please pray that God will help me to forgive and let go.
Thanks,
Joanna.

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement