Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Pray for Catholics

Author Topic: Pray for Catholics
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty.

My Prayers are with you, that God will provide you the words you need to sway this woman to the light of Salvation. If she remains in her current church, more power to her, she might, just not have fully understood what exactly it is that her Church is preaching. Which happens.

I shall pray that her Eyes are opened, and your guidence is sound.

Linda.

I am blessed to see you recovering, and I reojoice that you have come closer to God in the last few days.

Sometime our trials, are what bring us closer to God.

My Prayers are with you Both.

Tyme.

--------------------
I dream of a world.......

Posts: 527 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes my kids feel that way about me. My reply to most every situation is ..."the Bible says....." they do not always like that. I attribute it to a lack of Maturity, but that God will take care of in His time with them. As for me I make no apologies. I think that you can help but talk about God when God has become your life. I have learned that God does not just want to be a part of our life... Jesus becomeour life.

To live is Christ! To die is gain!

If to Live is Christ... Christ will be the subject of our conversation.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We must pray for others while we still have time.
I will pray for you and your husband. [Kiss]
My husband told me the other day. " I am a Christian but (me) you talk about God too much!"
I told him, yes, but I am getting ready for my final test. [Smile] [hyper]

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi TexasGrandma.... I am doing so very much better. I posted a thread on my recovery in the praise and testimony thread.... "I am Alive." Thank you for all the prayers you offered up for me. I was blessed by them. I am not 100% yet, but doing very well, thank you all for the prayers you offered for me and for my beloved husband who has been a Godsend through these past 28+ days that I was ill. I love you all.

and as to this lady, I definetly think you are right about the prayers for all denominations in these last days. I have seen people in my own church that have sat on pews for 20+ years coming forth to be saved and born again when all thought they were... even they thought this of themselves.. This IS the work that God is doing in these last days... bringing forth a Bride that will be found with out spot nor wrinkle when her groom returns. May we all be given grace to see the work that God is doing in these last days and to be odeient to his call to us to join him!

God Bless

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Linda,
How are you? I think the big difference is in the Protestant Churches we are taught to listen to our Pastor and then varify what he said through God's word. From what my friend said, they are taught that it is more important to go by what the Preist says then to read the Word. At least in her Church it is. I feel like God is trying to help this lady realize that she can get salvation through Jesus and not have to depend on her friends to pray for her when she dies. She told me that her husband friend has been telling her the same thing. By the way she and I are internet friends and have never met. She has noticed in the last two years, that I do not use profanity and I talk about Jesus every chance I get. She sought me out and ask me about what I believe. She is not quite ready to accept it but I do believe that God is working on. I know that there are Catholic Christians just as there are Baptist sinners. But, I have talked to several Catholic young people on the same game board who tell me they are good Catholics admitted that they used God's name in vain many times every day. When I pointed out that the Bible says you can not use God's name in vain and go to Heaven, they say it doesn't mater as long as you get babtized as a baby.
I think this is the end time and we need to pray for people of all faiths who think because they attend Church or have attended Church as a baby, that they are going to go to Heaven even if they do not accept Jesus as their Savior. Like my friend told me her husband is not a believer but that is okay she will pray him into heaven when he dies. I have yet to see anywhere in the BIble where someone could pray somoeone in to heaven after they have died.
Hang in there, Linda. I am praying for you.
love, Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

quote:
Catholicism is a denomination of Christianity.
Some believe this, Some of us do not believe this at all, but the Catholic Church teaches that they are Christianity.... the ONE TRUE Church.

As to your original post Grandma... Yes we need to pray that those who are deceived in the Catholic church. May we seek not to be Catholic's or Baptist's or any other name except HIS... May we seek only to be children of the ONE True God, washed in the Blood and sealed by the Spirit.

Revelation 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Favor Minded
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Catholicism is a denomination of Christianity. Arguably, the biggest differences between Catholicism and, say, a non-denominational church is the idea of trusting in the Bible alone.

Through the ages, the Catholic Church has handed down teachings, interpretations and pronouncements that have become tradition and are viewed as being equal to that which is written in the Bible. Much of their teachings evolved over time with teachers like St. Augustine creating false teaching about biblical truths, such as prophecy.
It is within these traditions that you will most often find the causes for dissention...where those who believe that the Bible is the sole source of direction in the Christian life find fault.

The fact is that if you believe that Jesus died on the cross as payment for your sins, and you accept this sacrafice as payment for the sins you yourself have committed and continue to commit, and you choose to try to live your life in a way that displays your gratitude to Jesus for what He has done for you...then you are a Christian and, by God's grace, you'll be saved from eternal damnation.

Those Catholics that believe this will be saved. Those that don't are destined for hell, just like everybody else who refused God and Jesus to the end.
Lutherans, like the Catholics and Episcopalians, tend to emphasize sacraments in their services and churches, and people often accuse them of not being "Saved" or of not being a "real Christian."

Most Christian denominations agree on the basics- unfortunately denominational and doctrinal differences, which tend to drawsattention away from central fact that WE ARE ONE IN CHRIST, that His grace and gift of salvation knows no denominational walls, and everyone who accepts Christ as their saviour will be saved.
I have heard in Lutheran and Catholic teachings things like universal salvation, where the Priest describes being saved as a group salvation, already done at the cross, but this is not all Chatolic or Lutheran churches. We know and as is taught in most non denominational, baptist, nazarene, etc. that salvation through acceptance of Christ Jesus is a must - Again, agreeing with exactly what the bible says, instead of tradition and misinterpretation.
While Paul taught that a spouse can be sanctified by prayer, he also taught that if they be unbelievers and leave, let them leave.
My sister is Catholic, and although we disagree on some points, most traditionalist Catholics of today are more accepting of biblical truths and less inclined to continue with old fashioned ideals that dictated non biblical scriptures.
They also believe and teach from the Apocypha, and still teach some of the Augustine allegorical teachings reagrding prophecy but by and large, theirs, as long as Baptism by water and Salvation by acceptance in Christ is a foundation for the believing Catholic, they are just as saved as the next Christian.
They just don't like the whoopin and hollerin of the Pentacostals and Hell Fire Damnation of Baptists. Personally I am hard pressed to stay awake for such services, but then we are a clappin', tongue speakin', rowdy BaptiCostal church with intense Praise and Worship services and LOUD music like Lakewood to get you goin'!

GLORY TO GOD! AMEN!! [clap2]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I never accused my friend or you of being ignorant. But I was taught that everybody has to accept Jesus as their own peronsal Savior. I do not believe I can pray a unsaved loved one into heaven who has passed away. She also said that Mary had never commited a sin. But the Bible says Jesus was the only one that walked this earth that was perfect.

--------------------

kephafan
First Post
Member # 3631

Icon 11 posted      Profile for kephafan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An ignorant Catholic??

I am so shocked!!...(said sarcastically!)

I am a devout Catholic Christian.

We do not "pray to" Mary in the sense that so
many believe.
The only way to the Father is through His Son,
Our Lord Jesus Christ! Amen??
In the same way I can ask anyone on this earth
to pray for me,I can ask anyone in Heaven to
pray for me-to intercede for me---AGAIN only
through the Glorious Sacrifice of Jesus.
(Human beings didn't give her a grand position...
Her Son did!!)
Being the God of the living means that all prayers being said on earth are joined with
the multitudes in Heaven that are unceasingly
praising Him! "Mary,would you ask your Son to
please cure my daughter?" Talk about the perfect
love of a son!!
However,I do ask that you pray for all Catholics!! Unceasingly!

In Christ,
kephafan

"Ignorance of Scripture is ignorance of Christ"
St. Jerome -circa A.D. 335
-Who translated the Greek bible into the language
that was becoming the common language of the day..Latin. (The Vulgate)-

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

We need to pray for our Catholic Brothers and Sisters. I just spent the day talking to a young woman who is Catholic. She says that they are taught to pray to Mary. She says it doesn’t matter if you don’t live right that when you die your loved ones can pray you into heaven. When I told her that Salvation is a gift from God through faith in Jesus Christ, she said that they believe the King James Bible to be hearsay. I try to talk to her about praying to Jesus instead of to people she also prays to her Priest but she says I am wrong.
She told me that her husband did not believe in God but that was okay she can pray him into Heaven. I told her that we had to accept Jesus for ourselves and she said that is not true that we can save others by praying them into Heaven.

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement