Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Prayer for our Sisiter in Christ

Author Topic: Prayer for our Sisiter in Christ
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BLESSINGS UPON YOU SISTER

God Bless you Linda, Glad to see your feeling better!

I shall continue my prayers for you!

Tyme.

--------------------
I dream of a world.......

Posts: 527 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seeing your name here on this board was an answer to all of our prayers. You take care of yourself.
Now, to the fussing part. You know you need to get rest, eat right, and not over do. Let's not do this again. Okay now, hugs and kisses
[Kiss] , and I tell you how much we love you and how very much we need you here.
So get LOTS of REST and LOTS of EVERYTHING else you need. We will keep PRAYING for you.
[hyper]

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Everyone: I hope that you will understand that I am writing here to all of you because I have not yet the strength to answer all your emails individually.

GOD IS SO GOOD EVERYDAY!

He has been hearing your prayers and I have been getting stronger every day. This is the second, maybe the third day that I have been able to hold an intelligent thought and the first that I am able to sit in concentration long enough to write at all. My note to David some days ago that included this prayer request was cryptic as was my ability to focus my brain at the time.

I have been in bed since last Tuesday evening. There were days that I did not have the strength to get up.

I have not shared with some of you... actually I think that I have only shared with my brother John, that I was diagnosed some years ago with a rather strange disease that causes my body at times to attack itself and form abscesses that are usually unexplained. Some people have this happen where the abscesses actually form on internal organs. I went through several surgeries over the years that the doctors could not tell me why this happened to me. The first time I was afflicted, the doctors believed it was an inflamitory cancer in my breast. Finally, I met a doctor who at least knew what it was. This meant that I could learn to control it to some degree. As long as I keep the stress down in my life, eat right, sleep enough and dont get run down, I usually have no problems. It is my thorn.

I really have been blessed for several years now to not be afflicted at all. But lately I have been very run down... going 90 miles an hour in 7 different directions, not eating right, not sleeping right, and so injuring my leg was the perfect opportunity for the enmy to bring meyhem.

I had been going to a state Learning disabilities conference Sunday, Monday and Tuesday... getting up at 4 AM and driving 2 hours to get there. I had injured my leg and it should have been a small thing, but that combined with everything else, no sleep, not eating, not drinking, mental stress, yada yada yada...By Tuesday night my husband had to come get me and take me home.

The rest is history, the main thing was dehydration. I dont know if any of you have ever been severely dehydrated or not? It is amazing what that can do to your body!! It even affects your ability to breath!!! There were days that I could not speak a full even 5 word sentence because I could not breath except for short puffs of breath! It affects your ability to think. Your brain will not work without water! I could not hold a single simple intelligent train of thought!! It affects your ability to stand with out dizzyness or nausea, your ability to eat or drink... and on and on. It is just amazing how much our cells need water.

Once you become dehydrated, it is almost impossible to rehydrate them it seems on our own. Infact, I am still not fully rehydrated, but am seeing improvement every day.

Why have I rambled on about this? Because in this there are some lessons. 1) our bodies do not take a single breath not a single one, of our own power..... we tend to live like we think that God created man and gave him the ability to progenerate himself and then somehow miraculously this body is self animated. I am here to tell you that this body is not self animated. It does not function.... not even the simplest most basic celluar function by man's doing.... It functions by HIS ordainance... that is because this day HE has allowed it to live. I dont know if any of you can hear what I am saying.... but I think God wants us to know this.... Saint or sinner, it does not matter, this body functions down to the most basic celluar level because and only because HE ALONE ordains it so.

Well, I am exhausted. I am going back to bed for a while. Please know that I am getting better each day because of your prayers and they are so very appreciated. I love you all very much and am blessed by your emails of concern. Please know that I am in need of nothing except your prayers. I am getting stronger daily. As my dear friend Tracy said... when God is for you, who can be against you? I know that God is for me and has walked with me through the valley. There really is nothing we face that is bigger or greater or more powerful than our GOD!

May God be with each of you this day and may you walk in HIS perfect will and purpose and peace.

Please also pray for my dear husband who has been taking care of me and working and running kids to camp and tryng to keep things going.

Thank you all for your prayers.

With much Love in Christ,
Linda

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Prayers are WIth her.

Tyme.

--------------------
I dream of a world.......

Posts: 527 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 18 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Dave, for sharing. I was wondering about her today. I will be praying. Please let her know that we are all praying for her and that we love her.
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pastor Dave
Advanced Member
Member # 965

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Pastor Dave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am praying for our sister and believing God for a miracle of healing and a complete recovery.

--------------------
Your servant in Jesus our Christ, Pastor Dave

John 3:3
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Posts: 273 | From: Niles, Michigan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 18 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please prayer for our Sister in Christ (helpforhomeschoolers) who injured her leg . It abscessed. She has been in bed unable to walk since Tuesday night. Her left thigh is 2x the size it should be; flaming red hot painful. She as became severely dehydrated unable to eat, shivers to the point of convulsing, fever, nausea, takes her an hour to be able to stand and then she is too exhausted to walk and dizzy. Very nauseated.

Please say a prayer today! [Prayer]

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement