Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » family troubles

Author Topic: family troubles
blackrose52
Member # 3372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackrose52     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying in agreement in Jesus name. Amen

--------------------
Big B Town

Posts: 6 | From: Beaumont TX | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mohawk
Advanced Member
Member # 2898

Icon 7 posted      Profile for mohawk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello
I've known a fair number of people--and have been one myself--who could not get past someone who treated us like doodoo. It's a state of denial, I suppose. But life becomes so much happier, not to mention clearer, when we put our foot down and declare, calmly, "Enough." I made a decision to stop using the precious time He gives, to wait on people who are self-centered, controlling and dispassionate--yet visibly are directionless. To my utter amazement, that eliminated a large number of "friends" out of my life. It was lonely at first as they all "abandoned" me. But the inner peace that replaced them made up the difference and more. As for your own fiancee... as, yes, a guy who was once at the mercy of a mother's unwillingness, I can only say I am glad I didn't get married while in that state of being. One of you will have to draw a line--either him drawing a line with her, or you drawing one with him. Being your spouse and her "possession" will drive him nuts, drive you nuts, and drive his mother to do some things that will make your jaw drop at the audacity. You don't want that type of relationship with his family, do you?
Father, in the name of our Lord Jesus, and as one who has faced similar trouble and made it through by your Grace, I pray that this lady's sister accepts the strength and resolve You have given her (we are not given to a spirit of fear) to stand firmly and make the turn-around she needs in her life from an abusive ex-partner, and for this woman's own fiancee to be the man You have intended him to be when You have said that a man shall separate from his mother and cling to his wife. Amen.

Posts: 223 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll pray for you.

Tyme.

--------------------
I dream of a world.......

Posts: 527 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RisamyRisa
Advanced Member
Member # 1854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RisamyRisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all,

I have a couple of people who need prayer. First for my sister, her husband of 9 months left her. Their marriage has been a rocky road, he's very emotionally abusive and he tears her down so much. Even though he doesn't love her and doesn't want her, he doesn't want her moving on with her life either and has called her to say "maybe we can work it out" only to turn around and say "nope, nevermind." Please pray that my sister will have the strength to not answer the phone when he calls, or that some other means of dealing with everything comes to her.

Also my fiance is having some difficulties with his mom. I guess it's "oh no, my child is getting married in 6 months" syndrome [Wink] At any rate, they're driving each other crazy, so please pray for peace in their house. Thanks! [Smile]

--------------------
Being a Christian is like being a pumpkin.. God picks you from the patch and washes the dirt off. He cuts out the top and removes the yucky stuff, and then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light in you to shine for all the world to see!

Posts: 108 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement