Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » God does dislike my family

Author Topic: God does dislike my family
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Father God we lift our dear Sister and her family up in our hearts and in our prayers. Draw them near Lord, hold them close, surround them with Your awesome love, and minister to and meet them at their points of greatest need.

Dear Father we pray that You would open the doors of opportunity for her dear son, that the job you would have for him would come, and that You would fill his heart with an ever deepining measure of faith, and Your peace which passes all human understanding.

Dear Father we pray for a miracle of healing for our dear Sister, that all sickness, disease and infirmity would flee this body and that she would be fully restored in Jesus name. Father open doors and lead the caregivers with deep wisdom and insight, minister to the needs of our dear Sister in Christ.

Hold each precious one close Father, lift them up and fill each heart with Your love and blessed assurance, smooth out the hills and illuminate the pathways of Your perfect will and eternal love for Your precious children. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am glad to see your chuch came though for you.

AMEN!
[clap2]
HUGS! [hyper]

Tyme

--------------------
I dream of a world.......

Posts: 527 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apology accepted. Yesterday was a hard day for me with my illness. I usually take things in stride with my health but at one point I could not even raise my right leg to put a pillow under my leg. My hubby had to pick up my leg and put the pillow under. My right arm was the same I could not raise it to hug hubby. But, I feel better today. I get to see a doctor tomorrow, the first time in 5 years. Our new Church sent us to a clinic that goes by your income. I am hoping to go back on medication that I haven't had in 5 years. Hopefully, and God willing, I will be able to get the pain under control.
No hard feelings. Sometimes things I write comes off harsher than I mean, too.
God bless you for caring.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty.

First off, I want to say I am sorry to you, I just re-read my previous post, and it came off a lot harsher then I ever could have intended it to be.

My intention was not to “Put you down” or “Judge you” at all, I see now, how truly bad my post written, and it was not want I intended to say at all.

I was hoping to say:

“Each day, we ask ourselves where our hearts lay, in who’s hands we put our life, and what we hope for and dream for, when those things go astray, does it make us feel better to hate someone, or blame another for our problems. Sometimes our lives never work out the way we want, but maybe it’s because we never see the blessings we have right before us.

Your husband, has you before him, his loving wife, and he your loving husband, think of how many people do not have that? Think of what you would pay to get that?

You Son, has his Mother and his Father, with him, to be there for him, if not with nothing but open arms and lots of love.

Money is a simple thing, in this world, not a thing of life, or a thing of need, it is a simple want, sadly we place it ahead of what is truly rare to us, what is truly precious in this world, and that is a loving family, people who care about us, and the hope and prayer that we will not be alone in this world.

Take refuge in that Betty, that you have your husband, and your son with you, and just let them know how happy you are to have them.

Thank God, for your family, and the days you can sit together and complain about all the things that go wrong. [pound]

You might discover you have less to complain about as time goes on, and you have more to smile about as you look upon each other, and realize what a precious gift you are to each other.

Now I know, how I phased that in my previous post was horrible and I ask that you forgive me, I never meant to hurt you in any way shape or form.

All my Love to you Betty.

I will pray that things work out for the best for you.

Tyme.

--------------------

Posts: 527 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RisamyRisa
Advanced Member
Member # 1854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RisamyRisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry to hear this has happened! It's really hard to be out of a job and have something come along and then lose it. I've finally found a job and its several dollars an hour less than what I was making, and it's only a part time job. Every time a good thing happens, something bad happens! It's driving me nuts! BUT I'm learning so much from it, learning how to deal with new pressures and how to trust the person I'm marrying soon. I hope that your family will gain from your trials as I have with mine. As you know, my fiance is a new Christian, and he's handled it all well. I hope God extends such strength to the men in your family, and to you as their guide. I'll be praying for you!

--------------------
Being a Christian is like being a pumpkin.. God picks you from the patch and washes the dirt off. He cuts out the top and removes the yucky stuff, and then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light in you to shine for all the world to see!

Posts: 108 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I appreciate your comments. And I will take them to heart. I don't preach to people though. I am not qualified but every day on the bbs that I go to people are asking about God. I do the best I can to answer the qustions.

Please do not judge me so harshly. I have been through many things in my walk with God. My sister's suicide, my failing health, and lost of insurance, and the lost of our money for a house of our own. It is my strong desire for my family being saved keeps me carrying on from day to day. I realize that we are suppose to keep the faith no matter what happens but it hard when you are hit with so many things in such a short period. I was so grateful for son's job and even turned in praise report at Church's Sunday. Son was also thankful. Now we all feel discouraged.

As far as talking to people on the BBS about Jesus, because of my handicap, that is the only way I can work for God. I can not longer drive.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

[Post edited, Put my Foot in my mouth so far, I think I ate my Britches.]

I’ll offer my prayers, my love, and my time.

Tyme.

--------------------

woody
Advanced Member
Member # 3233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for woody     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't be discouraged! God will see you and them through this. He is faithful.
Posts: 25 | From: Carlsbad, CA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I see where you are coming from, but I do not want the training to cause my husband and son to give up Jesus. My son has only been in Church for a month and my husband is a new Christian. I am physically handicapped and so if my husband gets mad at God and quits Church then I can't go. But even more important I have prayed for 15 years for my family to be saved. Now that God has gotten them in Church, I do not understand why he is allowing their faith to be so tested quickly.

--------------------

In The Faith
Advanced Member
Member # 1334

Icon 1 posted      Profile for In The Faith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you thought about that you may be in training? The Army trains its people so they can stand on their own in battle.
Children are trained in school so they can have an education LATER on in life. That training takes 12 yrs minimum.

If everything is rosie we learn nothing. In fact we will go backwards. Christians have never had it easy and they never will. Our reward is NOT on this side of eternity.
We have to keep asking God what He wants us to do. We can't say that it was God's will for our problems. We live in a very critical time... the end times. Satan wants to take all the souls he can to hell with him. One way to do that is to convince believers and new beleivers that God is against them. Thats an outright lie!

Thank Him for your chance to learn something great from lifes tribulations. So what if all doesnt go great. It will be going better than great in the Kingdom of our inheritance when we are glorified in Christ.

I live with a non-believing husband who is aweful! I also live with a bi-polar child who tries to burn my house down.
My in-laws are all bigots.
My older kids are brats having brats. I love my kids but they are living like hell.

But you know what? So what! I have Jesus on my side and if He is for me, who can be against me.

Accept my love and prayers in Christ.

--------------------
Don't look at how big the giant is,
Look at how big God is!

Posts: 26 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 18 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will pray for you too, Woody. You know when you are in the fire it is often easier to pray for others than one's self.

--------------------

woody
Advanced Member
Member # 3233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for woody     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty,
This too shall pass.
There were four types of soil that the seed fell on. Let us agree to pray that your family is the good soil.
Christ promised that if we seek His kingdom first He would supply all our needs according to His riches.
Extreme pressure is required to turn coal into diamonds. I too am in this extreme pressure season and will lift you and yours up in prayer to Him who is faithful.

Posts: 25 | From: Carlsbad, CA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 20 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am calmer now. I am not mad at God. I just wished he liked my family more. I feel like the kid who tells his mom. I know you love me, but I don't think you like me very much. [crying]

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Tyme, my son is a hard worker but you can't work if you can't get hired. The job market stinks. His boss at T-Mobile loved the work he was doing but his boss there said that they had to make budjet cuts. I see on tv where ceo of companines make more and more and yet they lay off people all the time. I think it is a sin to make huge bonuses while you lay off employees.

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 11 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We were so excited that God has given our son a job. He has been going to Church and he was thankful that God had given him a job and so were we. Now three days later, I feel like I have been kicked in the head.
When my son was hired he told them that although he has been in the computer business since his senior year, he has no selling experence. The job entailed making soft wear and selling it.
They assured him that was no problem that they would train him. He went to work Monday and he was determined to do his best. Yesterday, his boss's boss came and had a fit because she did not hire someone with 5 years of selling exprence and they let my son go. They never even gave him a chance to do the job. He actually had a chance at another job at the same time as this one but he was so sure that God had answered his prayer to work for miro soft. His dream job. Now he has no job. He is discouraged because his first time to trust God and he feels God failed him. Of course hubby is still reeling from us losing most of our money so my whole family is so discouraged. Me, if it were not a sin I think I would just give up and quit. The BIble says God will not give up more than we can bear but sometimes I wonder if he is waiting until we are dead from pain before he notices that we are suffering. I spend most of my time each talking to non Christians about the love of Jesus. But I am getting to think that He does not love me at all.

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement