Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » my buddy

Author Topic: my buddy
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 18 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DaTank States:

quote:
Just pray for my friend Jeremy, and his friends Wyatt, and Chad, and Matt and others and there families.

We will.

[Smile]

[Prayer]

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaTank
Advanced Member
Member # 2818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaTank   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Written around 3 this morning...

okay so i actually lit tobacco for a friend of mine, just to have smoke to lift up to God. As Native Americans believe, and I too have adopted into my spirituality. Please pray for him. His name is Jer. He got kicked out of his house at 16 or 17 for refusing to obey Christianity.

Well then a group of around 12 friends took him in/helped him out. Well over the last 4 years or so that number has dwindled to 8 at the beginnign of the school year. Well now it's four. His friends (read brothers) have been dropping left and right, the victims of murders, suicide, and the police.

Since I've really known him (Sept), he's lost at least 4 probably 5 of those. In the last coupel of weeks the last one was arrested on manslaughter charges for shooting a guy breaking into his apartment, which I would htink would be self defense since the guy was armed, but hte lawyer doesn't htink so. And before that two brothers were killed by a gang that they owed money to... those are all i'm privy to know about, or at least can post about.

So tonight he gets a call from a guy who "is so crazy he can shoot a guy and not blink" (Jer's def). And the guy is balling. So this guy is roomie's with the guy who's now arrested under manslaughter charges... and his third roommate had just killed himself with a gunshot. Less than 3 hrs before they had been chilling.

Just pray for my friend Jeremy, and his friends Wyatt, and Chad, and Matt and others and there families.

PS: I actually asked him if he had considered praying, half expecting him to wind up and just hit the life out of me. To my surprise he just turned and said "Pray don't work for me. You know where I fall in terms of God." (Satanist). "Yeah i know where you do Jer, but sometimes it just helps to get the things in your heart and mind into the open and just say them out loud. Sometimes just saying them outloud gives you a solution.

--------------------
Tim

"It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, and a day to love someone- but it takes a lifetime to forget someone."

Life is an open book test... that's why God gave us the bible...

Posts: 23 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement