Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Out Of Work

Author Topic: Out Of Work
chestnutmare
Advanced Member
Member # 392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chestnutmare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Lord isn't slow to answer as we see it. In the midst of our trials it is a temptation to think God doesn't hear us or understand our needs but, His word says that He does indeed know our needs even before we ask. Remember Lazarus. Jesus knew he was sick and that his illness would lead to death. Don't you sometimes wonder why Jesus tarried two days before going to Martha's (Lazarus' sister) home? He could easily have healed Lazarus and he wouldn't have died but he didn't. Lazarus experienced death. God in His wisdom brought glory to His name by raising Lazarus from the dead. The Lord in His wisdom will provide for our needs. God is provident, he does not slumber, he is sovereign and will bring glory to his name through our trials. Our trials are painful but we must continue to trust God in all of our troubles. We must not doubt and we must pray and encourage one another for this is the will of our heavenly Father.

I too am weighed down by unemployment and a husband angling for a divorce unless I find work soon. It is a painful burden and I am in constant prayer about this. However, God knows all of this and will bring glory to His name. Had I been working this past week, I would have been unable to be with my mother in her hour of need. I was blessed with the time to care for her after her operation. Consider the following.

Praise the Lord! I made it to CT safely and in time to be with my mother before her operation. She has had Brachycardia and her heart was stopping. It stopped for over 10 seconds while in ICU and they decided to give her a pacemaker last Thursday. The Lord blessed us with His wisdom and mercy in so many ways. I just marvel at His goodness. She was sent home the next day and I was blessed with a few days to help care for her. She lives with her sister who is able to help care for her. God in His wisdom made all things work for good.

Thank you for your prayers. It is such an understatement to say that our God is good and His mercy towards us is inestimable. His love beyond understanding.

God in His wisdom is making all things work for our good and His glory. All glory and praise are His.

Don't lose heart but seek the Lord with all of your heart, mind, soul, and strength. This is God's will for us and the promise is this, that He will provide for us. He understands our need to work. He knows all and can do all things. We must trust Him.

In Christ
Patrice

Posts: 79 | From: Swanzey, NH | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ITSJUSTME
Community Member
Member # 2648

Icon 18 posted      Profile for ITSJUSTME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Debi!

I am sorry that you are in this situation, too!
Please know that I am praying for you and your husband! I am also praying for those animals!
May god Bless us all and take a moment to have mercy on us all! Please God, give Debi and her family a large Blessing that ends this awful pain! God, Take care of her animals, too!
God Bless You!

--------------------
Thank You for Your Prayers!

Posts: 14 | From: Cambridge, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
debi ware-taber
Community Member
Member # 2710

Icon 1 posted      Profile for debi ware-taber   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Roll Eyes] hello,
My husband is also out of work. We are in our late fifties. We own a farm, and have animals.
My husband is just so upset a depressed. As nothing is coming in, and won't for 3 to 5 months, in the state of michigan, for first umemployment check,[the state is that far behind].He is a journeyman industral electrician. There is just nothing.
WE have plenty of food, Praise God, that he gave me the wisdom, to can and freeze everything I could get my hands on last summer, so that is taken care of , by his hand, and Guidance. But we must feed and care for our animals.
Please pray that the Lord, will continue to provide.and also, for a job, for my husband.
thank you so much.
in Christ, debi

Posts: 7 | From: albion,,michigan | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ITSJUSTME
Community Member
Member # 2648

Icon 14 posted      Profile for ITSJUSTME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank You for the Wonderful Words of Encouragement!

I have been taught to trust God, but sometimes
depression can put you so low that you can not
think straight.
I VERY MUCH APPRECIATE YOUR PRAYERS!
I will pray for you (it will help me to get the focus off of my problems)..

God Bless YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

Posts: 14 | From: Cambridge, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chestnutmare
Advanced Member
Member # 392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chestnutmare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sorry that you are going through this difficult period. I hear your pain and discouragement. [BooHoo] I will pray for you and your husband, that you might find encouragement and employment soon.

I would not doubt for one second though that the Lord is God and that He is provident. We must turn to Him and seek Him with all of our heart, mind, soul, and strength.
Meditate on the scriptures, consider carefully the following:
Matt. 6:31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

These things are true. God does not lie. God's truth is a reality and must be trusted. Jobs may be going to India but the Lord is still in control. He knows what He has planned for you. Seek His counsel, seek His will and trust that He will restore your strength in due time.

I am saying this as one waiting on the Lord. I am currently unemployed so I understand full well the trials that that brings. Yet, I also know the blessings that this trial and the persecution I am receiving along with this situation. I can say with Peter: 1Pet. 2:19 For it is commendable if a man bears up under the pain of unjust suffering because he is conscious of God. 20 But how is it to your credit if you receive a beating for doing wrong and endure it? But if you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before God. 21 To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps." and with the psalmist: "Psalms 119:71 It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees. 72 The law from your mouth is more precious to me than thousands of pieces of silver and gold."

Let us learn what it is the God would have us to learn from these lessons and may the Lord guide you to where He would have you to serve Him and prosper you to the glory of His name.

Posts: 79 | From: Swanzey, NH | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ITSJUSTME
Community Member
Member # 2648

Icon 19 posted      Profile for ITSJUSTME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband has been in the work force for 30 yrs.
Recently, his job was sent overseas. He and 108 people lost their jobs to India.
We have been without an income for 8 months.
Depression has been over-whelming for both of us!
The economy for Computer Managers seems to be
null. He has tried to get all kinds of jobs.
I think his age is against him.
Please help ..we need prayers! I am afraid that
our life is over.

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement