Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » First Friday

Author Topic: First Friday
RisamyRisa
Advanced Member
Member # 1854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RisamyRisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for your prayers [Smile]

While no big changes were apparent this past week, we found out that Dave will be back 5 months straight starting in February and on top of that our pastor at our church is starting a sermon about answering the hard questions about Christianity. From what I've heard and relayed to Matthew, he's very excited and interested in it, and he's looking forward to it. I feel that these are the people God is using to reach Matthew and He is allowing them to be in Matthew's life on a more consistent basis, answering the questions he wants answered the most. God has such an amazing way of working on people! [Smile] Thanks again for all your prayers!

--------------------
Being a Christian is like being a pumpkin.. God picks you from the patch and washes the dirt off. He cuts out the top and removes the yucky stuff, and then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light in you to shine for all the world to see!

Posts: 108 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pastor Dave
Advanced Member
Member # 965

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Pastor Dave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry I missed your Friday post. I know that God is present everywhere and in every time so therefore I am praying on Monday for your boyfriend’s Salvation last Friday.

Lord Matthew is seeking you and it is apparent that the Holy Spirit is convicting him. I pray that he would get off the fence and fully commit and dedicate his life to serve Jesus. I ask that he receive Jesus into his heart now Lord for the time is short here on earth and is never ending with you in eternity. In Jesus Name Amen.

--------------------
Your servant in Jesus our Christ, Pastor Dave

John 3:3
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Posts: 273 | From: Niles, Michigan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RisamyRisa
Advanced Member
Member # 1854

Icon 18 posted      Profile for RisamyRisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone,

I have a special request. Tonight is "First Friday," a monthly bible study held in the our church's district every first Friday of the month. There's music and a message, it's geared towards single adults in the community. Tonight we have Dave Edwards coming to deliver the message, and Matt Neely doing the music.

My request is for prayer for my boyfriend, Matthew, who I've mentioned several times in previous posts. He was raised as a Christian but has struggled with faith for the past few years. Recently he's decided to seek God's purpose, and he asked God to change his heart if He needed to change it for HIS purpose. This step was taken about three months ago, after a very moving message delivered by none other than Dave Edwards, at another "FF" event. The changes I've seen in Matthew since then have been awesome, he's even confessed to me that he thought God was leading him towards ministry - which surprised and worried him, but it seems perfectly natural to me that God would want to use someone with the mind and speaking talent Matthew has as a minister. He is attending church and bible study every week, and the bible study topic has been faith.

My prayer and the prayer I am asking of all of you today is that Matthew attend tonight's study with an open heart and mind, and that God continues to use this and other means of opening him up. I have seen him come alive these past few months, and I'm so thankful for the progress he's already made, but he doesn't feel like its complete yet. Thank you very much for your prayers!

--------------------
Being a Christian is like being a pumpkin.. God picks you from the patch and washes the dirt off. He cuts out the top and removes the yucky stuff, and then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light in you to shine for all the world to see!

Posts: 108 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement