Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » friend in Iraq

Author Topic: friend in Iraq
TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwinsGranny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Father God, I ask in Your Holy Name to keep your hand on this soldier and all of the troops who are in harms way right now. I ask that you hold the civilians who are also affected, the little children, all of them in your Mighty Hands Lord and keep them safe. I ask that you watch over and bring our troops home safely. Father, be with the families of these troops who are home and so anxious about their loved ones, give them your peace and also send your angels to protect the troops who are in harms way. Father, be with those who are leaders over these men and women in our Armed Forces from the President on down and the military leaders, please, Father, grant them WISDOM as they lead these dedicated people who are fighting over in a foreign land. We ask this and all things always in the name of Your Precious Son, Jesus. Amen.'

Please rememeber Chris, my daugher's brother-in-law, who is an SP and stationed in Baghdad, that he will return home safely to Holly, his wife who has been so anxious about him. He was scheduled to come home THREE times that have been extended since April and now will be there until next March. Thank you for your prayers. God Bless you!

Posts: 218 | From: Illinois | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pastor Dave
Advanced Member
Member # 965

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Pastor Dave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Father, RisamyRisa has an old friend from high school that is serving in Iraq and is in harms way. We pray for his protection, safety and his salvation. Lord we pray for all our troops in Iraq and around the world as we fight against those that hate You and hate us. Our society has become ‘politely correct’ and we are having trouble identifying our enemies. Teach the remnant here in the United States that still love you how to rightly divide your Word. That we can minister to our people correctly how to hate the sin of denying Jesus our Messiah and still love the poor unfortunate souls that have not been able to understand and know the truth.

Convict our leaders our generals, division commanders, company commanders, platoon sergeants, squad leaders, troops, and most of all our commander in chief that they shall know the truth and that they will here hear and be guided by Your Word.

Lord, put a strong angel to guard our troops that we will be victorious in our fight against the world’s terrorists.

Father, I don’t know how to say it better than brother Duffield did so many years ago I pray his words back to you Lord that our institutions may return to their routs and that our people may once again know who they are in our Lord and Saviour Jesus. That we can once again have faith that you are fighting our battles and that we already have Victory in Jesus.

‘Stand Up for Jesus’ was the dying message of the Reverend Dudley A. Tyng to the Young Men’s Christian Association…The Sabbath before his death he preached in the immense edifice known as Jaynes’ Hall, one of the most successful sermons of modern times. Of the five thousand men there assembled, at least one thousand, it was believed were ‘the slain of the Lord’…The following Wednesday, leaving his study for a moment, he went to the barn floor, where a mule was at work on a horse-power, shelling corn. Patting him on the neck, the sleeve of his silk study gown caught in the cogs of the wheel, and his arm was torn out the roots! His death occurred in a few hours…The author of the hymn preached from Eph. 6:14, and the…verses were written simply as the concluding exhortation. The superintendent of the Sabbath school had a fly-leaf printed for the children—a stray copy found its way into a Baptist newspaper, from that paper it has gone…all over the world.
George Duffield, Jr.

Stand up, stand up for Jesus, ye soldiers of the cross;
Lift high His royal banner, it must not suffer loss.
From victory unto victory His army shall He lead,
Till every foe is vanquished, and Christ is Lord indeed.

Stand up, stand up for Jesus, the solemn watchword hear;
If while ye sleep He suffers, away with shame and fear;
Where’er ye meet with evil, within you or without,
Charge for the God of battles, and put the foe to rout.

Stand up, stand up for Jesus, the trumpet call obey;
Forth to the mighty conflict, in this His glorious day.
Ye that are brave now serve Him against unnumbered foes;
Let courage rise with danger, and strength to strength oppose.

Stand up, stand up for Jesus, stand in His strength alone;
The arm of flesh will fail you, ye dare not trust your own.
Put on the Gospel armor, each piece put on with prayer;
Where duty calls or danger, be never wanting there.

Stand up, stand up for Jesus, each soldier to his post,
Close up the broken column, and shout through all the host:
Make good the loss so heavy, in those that still remain,
And prove to all around you that death itself is gain.

Stand up, stand up for Jesus, the strife will not be long;
This day the noise of battle, the next the victor’s song.
To those who vanquish evil a crown of life shall be;
They with the King of Glory shall reign eternally.

And Father, in the words of the great apostle Paul in his letter to the Ephesians:
“Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints”

Lord lead us safely to Victory! We pray in the Name of Jesus Amen.

Saints, I really want to preach, right now, but don’t fear I know that this prayer forum in not the appropriate place for me to start typing long sermons. So I just want to say one thing or maybe two things: If you are bent over and when you walk down the street of life if others can’t see the countenance of our God upon you then change your ways and Stand up for Jesus. We need a revival in the country and without it we shall all wither and die. Revival starts within us as we pray and witness the Gospel of Jesus. Stand straight for Jesus.

--------------------
Your servant in Jesus our Christ, Pastor Dave

John 3:3
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Posts: 273 | From: Niles, Michigan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RisamyRisa
Advanced Member
Member # 1854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RisamyRisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all,

I got wind that an old friend from high school is in Iraq and that he was in the convoy that was involved in the most recent attack. The rocket hit the jeep in front of his and killed two men. This friend and I grew apart of the years, but we still have mutual friends and someone let me know. Please pray for him, and for all our other military people, they need it so much right now. Thanks.

--------------------
Being a Christian is like being a pumpkin.. God picks you from the patch and washes the dirt off. He cuts out the top and removes the yucky stuff, and then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light in you to shine for all the world to see!

Posts: 108 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement