Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » I did it! I left my husband!

Author Topic: I did it! I left my husband!
annointedlady
Community Member
Member # 2425

Icon 15 posted      Profile for annointedlady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there,

I am fairly newly divorced myself and lived in a difficult relationship without the strength to leave for many years not really seeing how abusive it became. I am glad you found the strength to find your peace and I know you will now find yourself. I was amazed how much the Lord was with me when I moved out in the Summer and how he held my emotions for me.

Just want to stand with you in this. It sounds like it was an abusive relationship. There seems to be a process. I don't know if telling about other boards is permitted on here but if you want to email me I can tell you of two very supportive sites with a lot of Christians who needed to leave abusive relationships posting and helping each other and some useful info. (I moderate them). There does seem to be a process to go through in divorce and it seems like a divorce where abuse happened is a different process altogether in some ways.

I think in the end, the Lord may hate divorce but he hates the effects of abuse- whatever kind and its impact on the children even more.

I know when I was in the thick of things my very supportive pastor kept saying 'We are called to peace." I think it is the peace that is the most precious thing.

Love in Jesus
Annointedlady

--------------------
The joy of the Lord is my strength

Posts: 12 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joyful Heart
Advanced Member
Member # 2407

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joyful Heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't see this thread before I saw your other prayer request. May God be with you and guide you and keep your family safe!
Posts: 28 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ucanbeasurvivor
Member # 2406

Icon 9 posted      Profile for ucanbeasurvivor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Lord hates divorce . But divorce Lord forgives . Do everything possible to save your marriage . Don't go down without a battle . But nothing left to preserve it . Walk away . Move forward . ( Always keep your ex in your prays ).

Sadly a 16 + year marriage down the drain . Due to emotionaly abuse . But now happily remarried . Slowly getting back into the ministry . Touching lives to Jesus Christ once again .

There is light at the end of the tunnel !

[hyper] [wiggle7]

Posts: 3 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RisamyRisa
Advanced Member
Member # 1854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RisamyRisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying for your safety and the happiness of you and your little ones! Take care!

--------------------
Being a Christian is like being a pumpkin.. God picks you from the patch and washes the dirt off. He cuts out the top and removes the yucky stuff, and then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light in you to shine for all the world to see!

Posts: 108 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ms. Iron Creek
Community Member
Member # 2383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ms. Iron Creek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ampraying for you too Denise. May God richly bless you and your little ones. In Jesus name. Amen [Prayer] [Wink]

--------------------
Risk persecution and speak out for Jesus!

Posts: 13 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pastor Dave
Advanced Member
Member # 965

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Pastor Dave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TEXASGRANDMA you said it all and I will be praying in one accord with you for DenisenOK. This is a time when much prayer will be needed so I have made a special note attached to bottom of my monitor to remind me to pray for DenisenOK.

--------------------
Your servant in Jesus our Christ, Pastor Dave

John 3:3
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Posts: 273 | From: Niles, Michigan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 18 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stay in the Word of God. Keep you and your children in Church. I will pray for you and your family. God Bless you.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DenisenOK
Member # 2379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DenisenOK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I did it!!! I packed my husbands stuff on Saturday and kicked him out of my house. He is gone. God has really been faithful to me. He is giving me a peace that is just awsome. He is bringing my finances around. All my bills have been paid for this month. He has made it possible for me to keep my furniture. He gets ALL the glory in this. I know He does not like divorce but, I also know what the Word says. I had enough. God didn't tell me different. I am a child of of God. I am royal. I know our crosses can get heavy and He never promised it would be easy. He also promised never to leave or forsake us. He also will not impose on our free will. I am free and my children are free from all this. Last night was such peaceful night. There was so much peace in the house. The girls and I laughed and giggled and had a wonderful time. I am so happy and thankful that through doubt and struggles our God still loves us and woo's us and speaks to us and is so patient and waits for us. That love alone is amazing!!!!! Thanks for all the advice!! My locks are being changed and I am going to buckle down in the Word and work on growing closer to Jesus!!!!!

--------------------
Psalm 91

Posts: 3 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement