Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Prayer for workplace & finances

Author Topic: Prayer for workplace & finances
TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwinsGranny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amalthea, I will lift both you and your family up in prayer that the Lord will help you with your finances and perhaps open the door for a better job for your husband that might allow you to stay home or whatever is in HIS plan, to ease this problem for you. Trust in God for the answer and keep praying, He is always faithful when we lift our needs up to Him in our prayers, no matter what they are!

God Bless

Posts: 218 | From: Illinois | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amalthea
Advanced Member
Member # 318

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Amalthea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have got a few things that REALLY need prayer.

A few months ago I returned to the workforce after the birth of my daughter. I did NOT want to go to work, but my husband was really feeling the burden of of being the sole provider, and so I had to help (he wanted me to stay home, too). I only work part-time.

I work at the YWCA, but, unfortunately, they are trying to distance themselves from the "C" part of their name, to the point that they are in the process of voting to change the name! The director of my office is, for the most part, very kind to me, but has made anti-Christian comments within my hearing (she knows).

Don't even suggest looking for another job. I had sent out close to 50 resumes, and this is the only one that responded.

On top of that, we are STILL behind on our bills, including rent. No matter how hard we try, we can't get caught up. Every time God sends us a windfall of some sort, we end up using it to either keep from getting disconnected, or an unexpected bill will come up.

I just need prayer to try to be a "light in the darkness" at work, and that, somehow, our finances will clear up.

Posts: 30 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement