Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Health concerns

Author Topic: Health concerns
Han-a
Advanced Member
Member # 2209

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Han-a   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will definately pray that God will rid you of all these things. [Prayer]

--------------------
Han-a

If Satan knocks at the door let Jesus answer it.

Posts: 200 | From: Nottingham | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RisamyRisa
Advanced Member
Member # 1854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RisamyRisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Pastor Dave and everyone else!

The solution: more medicine. Steroid pills, and a nebulizer to add on to my other 5 prescriptions. I'm also taking calcium supplements to protect my bones from the steroids. It feels weird to be on all of this stuff again because the doctors all said I would get over the asthma by my teenage years. Oh well. The whole experience is teaching me patience and to follow my doctors orders (something I've not always been the greatest at). Thanks again for your prayers! [Smile]

--------------------
Being a Christian is like being a pumpkin.. God picks you from the patch and washes the dirt off. He cuts out the top and removes the yucky stuff, and then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light in you to shine for all the world to see!

Posts: 108 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pastor Dave
Advanced Member
Member # 965

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Pastor Dave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still praying I know there is VICTORY IN JESUS

--------------------
Your servant in Jesus our Christ, Pastor Dave

John 3:3
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Posts: 273 | From: Niles, Michigan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RisamyRisa
Advanced Member
Member # 1854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RisamyRisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sick again. Headed back to the doctor this afternoon. My doctors office is inside of a hospital and I'm afraid they might admit me and make me stay for a day or two. I'm in my "yellow zone" so that shouldn't be necessary, but I know that they're going to use the breathing machine and steroid pills on me. This time is bad because I'm already on double my dosage of inhaled steroids (to keep inflamation in my lungs down) and I still got sick. Anyways, I haven't been able to breathe easily for almost two days now, sometimes to the point that I'm light headed.

My main concern is for my family, Matthew, and Matthew's family, they are all burdened with quite a bit of worry over me. I know that Matthew is losing sleep and he just started his job yesterday, so I don't want him run down. He has asthma as well but for some reason my asthma scares him, to the point that he really does sit quietly beside me when I'm alseep and listen to make sure I'm breathing. I don't think we're to the point that I'm in danger of stopping, but he's very paranoid and very upset when he has to leave me alone at night. I pray for and ask all of you to pray for his and our family members' peace of mind, and for the situation to come to a resolution. They won't start me on my shots until I'm well, and I'm not getting well yet. Thank you for your continued prayers.

--------------------
Being a Christian is like being a pumpkin.. God picks you from the patch and washes the dirt off. He cuts out the top and removes the yucky stuff, and then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light in you to shine for all the world to see!

Posts: 108 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Han-a
Advanced Member
Member # 2209

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Han-a   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will continue to pray for God to heal you. [Prayer] [Prayer] [Prayer]

--------------------
Han-a

If Satan knocks at the door let Jesus answer it.

Posts: 200 | From: Nottingham | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RisamyRisa
Advanced Member
Member # 1854

Quick update again! The test was not NEARLY as bad as I remembered it. The technology has improved greatly. They did a scratch test, where they just barely scratched my skin with each allergen (60 in all). I had to sit with my arms perfectly still for 20 minutes, which was hard because I reacted to 30 of the things right away. My arms swelled and burned, but we got it taken care of. Then we tested for the other 22 things by the needles under the skin. Then I had to sit still for another 15 minutes while my shoulder was on fire [Frown] But it wasn't TOO bad. Out of those I reacted to 20 things. They didn't test food allergies again, so that saved me 6 needles, and they didn't use the controls again, saving me another 2.

So basically I'm a great candidate for the first human to live on another planet, because I'm allergic to this one! [Roll Eyes] You should all vote "Risa for Mars!" [thumbsup2] I'm just kidding. The treatment selection is allergy shots, which I will start next week. It's a considerable budget adjustment because I have to pay a copay every office visit, and I'll be visiting the office once a week for a year. This does not fit into my work schedule, so that's going to be a problem that hopefully I will be able to resolve. I will also be required to carry an insulin injection wherever I go incase of "adverse reactions." The thought of having to inject myself in an emergency situation scares me, but I guess you do what you have to.

We'll see what happens! Thanks again for your prayers and support!

--------------------

RisamyRisa
Advanced Member
Member # 1854

Thank you for your prayers!

Today is the day, and I'm nervous [Frown] Matthew was going to come and take me to the doctor but he found out after I scheduled the test that he had to go ahead and start his job. So I'm driving myself to the doctor as of about right now (8:00 am Central). Pray for the doctor to have patience with me - I have a weak spot when it comes to letting people poke me with needles. And start praying for the results, that they will lead to a good solution for the situation! Thanks again!

--------------------

Pastor Dave
Advanced Member
Member # 965

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Pastor Dave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am praying in agreement that the Doctors will find someting that will help you and that God will heal you. In Jesus Name Amen.

--------------------
Your servant in Jesus our Christ, Pastor Dave

John 3:3
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Posts: 273 | From: Niles, Michigan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwinsGranny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Risamyrisa,

I certainly join the others in continuing to pray for you in this and will say prayers for you tomorrow as you go through those tests!!! My prayer is that they find the problem with these tests and can get you on something that will alleviate ALL these problems!! Praise God, for HE does hear each prayer and is so faithful and good to His children!!

God Bless!!

Posts: 218 | From: Illinois | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RisamyRisa
Advanced Member
Member # 1854

Quick update!

I have a skin-allergy test tomorrow. This is not a fun test to go through but I'm sure I will be okay! I took the whole day off of work for it, so that I would have time to catch up on some school work. They did a blood test a couple of weeks ago to test for antibodies to allergens in my blood. Normal people have 50 or less. My count was 720! So they know I'm a candidate for this new medication they want to put me on, they just have to test and find out what I'm allergic to and prove it to the insurance company. The good news is that if this medication is out of my budget, they can start me on allergy shots - my insurance will cover 100% of shots, so there will be no new cost to me! I have battled asthma for almost 18 years now and I am so ready to finally gain the upperhand! Thanks for your prayers, God is definately listening!

--------------------

TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwinsGranny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ris,

As always, I am keeping you lifted up in prayers, I will say special prayers that they can find a suitable solution to this for you that you can live a full live and not struggle like this....there has to be something they can do....I will pray that God leads the doctors as they work to help you and that you will be stronger as time goes by and for a complete healing.

God Bless

Posts: 218 | From: Illinois | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RisamyRisa
Advanced Member
Member # 1854

Icon 9 posted      Profile for RisamyRisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone!

I promised to post more details about my health issues so here goes. My "childhood asthma" was supposed to go away around the time I was 13. At 14 I took my worst turn and wound up in the hospital, and it's been a struggle ever since. I am now 21 and on a pretty heafty load of medications for it. Unfortunately, my body has become immune to inhaled steroids, they have had to double my dosage to keep me well, and right now it's not working. I have a follow up appointment tomorrow, at which time they're going to schedule a skin-allergy test. This is where they poke you with a needle and inject a small amount of a substance under your skin and look for reactions. They have to poke me about 150 times (if I remember correctly). They will then use my results as proof of necessity to my insurance company for a new medication. The doctor also wants me on a machine, every morning when I get out of bed. The medication for that makes me sick and shaky. If I take it in the morning I'm going to have issues driving to work and if I take it at night I won't be able to sleep, so I'm trying to detect the lesser of two evils here.

To top it all off, asthma causes fatigue. I fell asleep in class the other night! I'm faced with class tonight and it feels totally hopeless, I just want to quit even though I know I shouldn't because I'm carrying A averages in two of the three classes and my GPA desperately needs those A's. I think the thing that needs the most prayers is my spirit. It's hard to find the strength to deal with everything, I'm constantly trying to compensate somewhere. To focus on my health, I would have to work less and study less. My grades would suffer and I wouldn't be able to afford my medicine, or my classes next semester.

In the words of Mother Theresa: "I know God won't give me anything I can't handle, I just wish he didn't trust me so much!" Thanks for praying for me!

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement