Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » MLTE update

Author Topic: MLTE update
RisamyRisa
Advanced Member
Member # 1854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RisamyRisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there,

It sounds like you have tough decisions to make and I will pray for wisdom for you. Please understand that your ability to affect the situation can only go so far. Feelings of extreme guilt might push you away from God, so fight them! You're doing the right thing by asking God to help you, and by asking other Christians to join you in those prayers. There's no better medicine than the Christian family joined in prayer for one another! I'll keep praying for you!

--------------------
Being a Christian is like being a pumpkin.. God picks you from the patch and washes the dirt off. He cuts out the top and removes the yucky stuff, and then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light in you to shine for all the world to see!

Posts: 108 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLTE83
Member # 2239

Icon 18 posted      Profile for MLTE83     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of all i want to thank everyone that took the time to pray for my boyfriend and I. Over the past week, there was peace in my heart. I was really believing my prayers were being answered. Well. on Saturday i got a lettr from my boyfriend. The devil has gotten away with taking another month and a half of my boyfriend's life, keeping him behind bars. After getting that news i had a complete emotional breakdown. I hate to admit it but i feel like this whole situation is testing my faith, and i feel like i am on the verge of giving up.I still can't understand why this is going on, why this has happened to my boyfriend, why this has happened to me, why have the police gotten away with getting him more time. Sure, it is not the 3 months they wanted to get him, but it still is a lot considering he has a prelim. hearing 4 days before he is now gonna "hopefully" be released. If he would have gotten out on time(which woulda been 8 days from now), he would have had time to at least attempt to find work and make a little money to hire a lawyer. Now he'll have to go before the judge with no representation, and he admits he doesn't think the judge will give him enough of a contiuance, and he'll end up with the same public defender he had to fire, cause she wasn't interested in hearing him at all. She wanted him to plead guilty and serve 2 years, telling him there is no way she could beat the case. She told him that because of his race "who do you think the jury is gonna believe?". Maybe she has a point, but i once believed the "truth would set you free". Anyways because of him losing his temper that one time, he won't have the time or money to get a lawyer. I fault my boyfriend big time cause he shoulda known better. I wrote him a letter and made up my mind that i don't want to be with him anymore. I don't have the heart to send the letter right now, let alone my mother said not to send him a letter "like that". But i feel like ending things with him is the only way for me to begin healing, cause my heart is truly broken right now, and i just don't know what to believe in anymore. If he wouldn't have acted up, he woulda been with me in a few days, and we coulda tried to work on getting his case beat.I like him alot and i know that he is innocent , but i don't think the way he acted is gonna help his case at all. I don't want to be with him because it hurts me too much to see he's in prison, not eating good, and not being treated right. I'm also angry that his own actions is what has/is further keeping us apart. I have a very very very guilty conscience over the whole situaion. I feel like if i hadn't met him and convinced him to stay here in this state (my own selfishness), he wouldn't have been here to get in trouble in the first place. I feel like i will never be able to forgive myself let alone move into a new relationship with anyone when i feel like there could be someone sitting behind bars because of me. All throughout the day i cry, and i just can't deal anymore. My health is being affected, and people at my job are starting to notice. If everything happens for a reason and my boyfriend and i aren't meant to be together
i could understand and be at peace with that. But my heart won't rest as long as he is locked up, and especially if his case has to go to trial, and he ends up losing years of his life,all because of me. I dont know what i'll do. Once again i want to thank all of you who took the time to pray for my boyfriend and I . I just ask that you pray that we don't give up, and that somehow, someway GOD works a miracle and that his case gets dropped. I ask you to pray that someone who knows the law sees his innocence and will help us. Thank you.

Posts: 2 | From: IL | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement