Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » new job possibility....

Author Topic: new job possibility....
TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwinsGranny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Risamyrisa,

Please know both you and Matthew are on our prayerlist also and PLEASE let us have an update on this test.....We all stand in one accord with each other in praying for you both and knowing God is going to honor our prayers for bringing to you what is perfect in each of your young lives!

God Bless you, dear!

Pam

Posts: 218 | From: Illinois | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christ for the children
Advanced Member
Member # 159

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Christ for the children     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello again, I have been praying for this test, that God would grant Matthew the strength and knowledge to do well. I guess at this time (2:00 October 25) he is a little over halfway through. Please update us on how he comes through, even if the results may not be known yet. God cares, and so do we. We serve an awesome God, who is able to move mountains!! God will be with him, and you during this. I'll continue to pray. "Father, be with Matthew as he is preparing to finish this massive test. Give him the courage, the endurance, and Your perfect wisdom to know what to do as he is in the process right now during this test. We thank you in the Holy name of Jesus Christ. Amen." Ray
Posts: 120 | From: Florida | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RisamyRisa
Advanced Member
Member # 1854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RisamyRisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone,

Quick update, Matt has a HUGE test tomorrow. It's the fundamentals of engineering exam and it is long and hard. He has to be there at 7:15 a.m and the test doesn't let out till 5:30 p.m. He's pretty confident that he'll do well but extra prayers for him! This certification will help him with job opportunities down the line!

--------------------
Being a Christian is like being a pumpkin.. God picks you from the patch and washes the dirt off. He cuts out the top and removes the yucky stuff, and then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light in you to shine for all the world to see!

Posts: 108 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Han-a
Advanced Member
Member # 2209

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Han-a   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must admit Risamyrisa I never thought of being a Christian in the way you have portrayed it in your signature! [youpi]

--------------------
Han-a

If Satan knocks at the door let Jesus answer it.

Posts: 200 | From: Nottingham | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwinsGranny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PRAISE GOD!!! How it is such a joy to lift our brothers and sisters up to our Father and see how HE takes such good care of us in answering our prayers!! I'm rejoicing with you in this latest news!! God's blessings to you as you and Matthew begin this journey and I pray his new job is a wonderful experience for him and the Lord will continue to lift you both up as you go day by day in His walk!

God Bless!!
Pam

Posts: 218 | From: Illinois | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RisamyRisa
Advanced Member
Member # 1854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RisamyRisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, God was in full miracle mode yesterday! Matthew went for his physical for the job, a very in-depth physical. He called me as he was driving to it and told me his asthma was acting up. I told him to use his "rescue" inhalor and he said that it's been so long since he had an attack that he didn't even carry it anymore. I started to worry. He called me after the physical and told me that the doctors were shocked and amazed and refused to believe that he ever had asthma. He had to take a pulmonary functions test (where you take a deep breath and blow as hard as you can through a mouthpiece, and the computer graphs it.) They had a certain percentage they expected an asthmatic to obtain. He scored 115% of what they thought he would! They took 6 vials of blood from him and did all kinds of other things, but declared him in perfect health. Things are looking good for him, our prayers are being answered daily! Thank you, everyone, for your prayers for this situation!

--------------------
Being a Christian is like being a pumpkin.. God picks you from the patch and washes the dirt off. He cuts out the top and removes the yucky stuff, and then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light in you to shine for all the world to see!

Posts: 108 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

OH, Risamyrisa, I know how bad ashthma can be, I suffer from it, especially for some odd reason more in the fall of the year (my VERY favorite season!!)......I lift you up and will ask the Father to just open up those airways and your lungs and you can breathe deeply and this crisp, wonderful autumn air will fill your lungs and refresh you and you can be refreshed each time you breathe!!! YES!! Indeed, we will pray for a complete healing on this for you!! Know we all love you are are praying for you!!!

In His love,

Pam

Christ for the children
Advanced Member
Member # 159

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Christ for the children     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello again, This is great news! God is still in the business of answering prayers! As if we didn't know! I'll continue to keep your health in my prayers. God may choose to heal you of the asthma problems, I'll sure be praying for this! A girl from a former church was healed of this same disease, she's now a young woman and has had no problems for about 15 years when she was healed! The Lord will be with you, and He has all of our concerns under His wonderful control! God bless you! Ray
Posts: 120 | From: Florida | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RisamyRisa
Advanced Member
Member # 1854

Thanks everyone! [youpi]

Far as my health goes, I guess I'll find out more next week. It's asthma problems and it's going to be expensive to fix, which is why Matt was worried about his job situation. Now he feels that he has the finances to help me out if I need it, so he's not so anxious. I'll post a whole new topic when I find out the extent of what's going on, until then pray for me to be able to breathe - literally! [biglaugha]

--------------------

Han-a
Advanced Member
Member # 2209

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Han-a   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praise God! he really does work in wonderful ways! [clap2]

--------------------
Han-a

If Satan knocks at the door let Jesus answer it.

Posts: 200 | From: Nottingham | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

Risamyrisa,

PRAISE GOD!! What a wonderful report!! Now, we will praise God for the prayers HE is answering, what a POWERFUL weapon our Lord has given us and what a priviledge it is to lift each other up in prayer.....I am just so thrilled to hear this, tell him we will pray all goes well with the new job and how are you feeling? I'm still praying for your health too!! PRAISE GOD, He IS sooooo good!!!! [clap2]

RisamyRisa
Advanced Member
Member # 1854

FINALLY...

Matthew just got the call, they have officially offered him the job, and he starts 2 weeks from today. They offered him less than the original offer, but hey, it's something! He takes the physical and does all the paperwork tomorrow [youpi] Thanks for your prayers, I'll be letting you know when (if?) he starts the job!

--------------------

TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

Risamyris, I certainly will lift our concerns for you health up along with prayers for Matthew to make the right decision in his job search!!! I know it is frustrating!! My husband and I are waiting and have been for a LONG time for the right job to open for him, and we do get frustrated, it is our human nature...I just keep telling myself, 'God doesn't want us anxious about anything, He is always in control!'...

Please do keep us updated, we love you and we certainly will continue to lift you up in prayer about this and let us know how your health is doing too!

God Bless,

Pam

Christ for the children
Advanced Member
Member # 159

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Christ for the children     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, I'm still praying for you and Matthew. God has a position for Matthew, and in His time He will reveal it to him. I'm sorry to hear you've been sick. I hope it's nothing serious. I'll pray for your health, that God would grant you a special blessing during this time. Ray
RisamyRisa
Advanced Member
Member # 1854

Haven't updated because there has been no update. Matt quit his job because this place hired him, and that was more than two weeks ago. It's been two weeks since the re-interview and nobody has called, he's called them three times and the last time the lady said "We haven't decided how many we're hiring so no decisions have been made" and she hung up on him. Two separate recruiting agencies have called him with different jobs, one here for $19 an hour - the contract is only guaranteed through January, but it's something. The other one is in Iowa, which is not ideal because he wanted to stay close to home, but the job itself sounds like everything he wants. It's a tough situation, and to top it off I'm sick and having to go through a lot of doctors appointments and expenses that he wishes he could help me with. I know that it will all work out, keep praying! thanks! [Smile]

--------------------

TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

Risamyris, Indeed, I will continue to lift both you and Matthew up in prayer and know that God has THE perfect job for him and will lead him right to it if you lift it up in prayer to God!!! I feel he might have to take a temp.job first, but Keep the faith, our Lord who made all heaven and earth will certainly find the right job for Matthew!! He loves him more than we can comprehend and our Heavenly Father would never have us without hope or joy!!! I will certainly say extra prayers for you both, especially in the days ahead!! Please do write and let us know any updates as you get them!!!!

God Bless you!!

RisamyRisa
Advanced Member
Member # 1854

Back to the prayer request board...

The guy who hired Matthew got fired. They are making him re-interview on Tuesday. His last day at his current job was today and he doesn't plan to go back because they won't let him off for church on Sundays and he made a committment to himself and me to be there. He's been working there for almost 5 years and they don't treat him well at all. He is registering for an agency on Monday that will help him look for jobs and he just applied for another entry level chemical engineering job. Keep praying for him, that he'll find the right career and that it enables him to go to church and continue to seek God's plan for him. Thanks!

--------------------

trying_to_have_faith
Advanced Member
Member # 1904

Icon 18 posted      Profile for trying_to_have_faith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I pray for you both. God Bless you.

--------------------
God Bless

Posts: 24 | From: california | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RisamyRisa
Advanced Member
Member # 1854

Icon 16 posted      Profile for RisamyRisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for your prayers! Today is the day we find out about the job! Hopefully my next post will be posted in the Praise Reports area!!! [thumbsup2]

--------------------

TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

Dear Risamyrisa,

I lift you and your boyfriend up in my prayers and ask that the Lord opens the door for that PERFECT job for your boyfriend, the one that will lead him to what he has trained to do, or where the Lord would have him go. I lift you up as you study His word and seek God's guidance together, that God may richly bless you and give you a joyous and peaceful heart!

God Bless you!

Pam

RisamyRisa
Advanced Member
Member # 1854

Hello all!

I wanted to ask for prayer someone in my life. I've mentioned him in past posts, the guy I've been seeing for the past few months. He graduated with a degree in Chemical Engineering in May and has not had one single job offer, not one successful job interview. As a result, he's working the same old job he worked through college, 7 days a week, 8-13 hours a day. We have reason to believe that he is going to get a job offer on Thursday, for less money than he was hoping for but it is release from his current situation and gives him the opportunity to gain experience in his field!

To top this off, he is very excited that it opens up Sundays for him because he is looking forward to going to church! He was raised in a family that went to church every Sunday, somewhere down the line they stopped, but he's actually looking forward to getting back into it on a regular basis. We are attending a monthly bible study together and reading "The Purpose-Driven Life" together, he's started a very open prayer-relationship with God. His family and friends are noticing a difference in him, as am I. Now he has decided that he's going to read "The Case for Christ" - a book once forced on him by someone, but now he wants to go back and read it willingly and with a more open perspective. To illustrated the change there: He turned green when he found out the book we're reading now got a good review from the author of "The Case for Christ." Eventually he decided to ask me to join him in reading the book we are currently reading, and now he wants to take the fresh perspective and try again.

I know this sounds like the typical "girl pushes boy to go to church and read books" stuff, but it really isn't. He told me that he's decided to seek God's will for his life instead of his own, and I feel he's making an effort to do that. Please pray for the job situation!! And please keep praying for him, the prayers are so strong and we really feel them moving in our lives! Thanks! [dance]

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement