Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Your prayers are needed and requested...

Author Topic: Your prayers are needed and requested...
TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwinsGranny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am in accord with Mariy, in lifting Betty's family up at this time, having just lost my Mom last December, I know it is VERY difficult, but also, we rejoice that Betty is in the arms of Our Lord Jesus RIGHT NOW!!! PRAISE GOD, she is in Paradise and will know no pain or sadness ever again!!

I ask for our Loving Heavenly Father to bring peace to Betty's family at this time and hope as the pain eases, they can rejoice, knowing she indeed is with our Lord at last.

Posts: 218 | From: Illinois | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mairy
Advanced Member
Member # 1830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mairy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All of us pray comfort for Bettys' family and friends, but also, we must rejoice that she has Gone Home. May those of you left behind be comforted by The Lord Jesus Christ,with whom Betty now resides.
Posts: 52 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
betty_white
Community Member
Member # 2098

Icon 16 posted      Profile for betty_white   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is with much sadness that I send this final update to let you know that Betty passed away Sunday, October 19, 2003 at 4:04 pm.....she was at peace with virtually no pain. Your continued support and prayers were of great comfort to her during the last weeks of her life.

May you all be richly blessed for your compassion during her time of need.

Thank you....Cheri Jones, friend

--------------------
" 'Then you will know that I am the Lord; those who hope in Me will not be disappointed.' " ISAIAH 49:23

Posts: 8 | From: Lacombe, Louisiana | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwinsGranny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty, just wanted you to know you are on my daily prayer list and I had you strongly on my heart this morning as I was praying....I know this stuff makes you very tired and how much it takes out of you....I had to have help with getting dressed and bathing, but when are you able, if you can, please let us know how you are doing and know we are not forgetting you....God is holding you...HE love you so much and so do we!!!

God Bless!!
Pam (aka TwinsGranny)

Posts: 218 | From: Illinois | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

Betty, I was smiling as I pulled this forum up as I had just been thinking about you and lifted you up to our heavenly Father just a very short while ago! I am glad to see when you are able to post. Know, that your friends here on the board really DO love you and we will be faithful in our prayers to God to keep you close to Him and give you His love and strength at this time!!

God's loving blessings to you, dear!

Pam (aka Twinsgranny)

betty_white
Community Member
Member # 2098

Icon 16 posted      Profile for betty_white   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all, so very much....it really means a lot to me to be lifted up in your daily prayers...May God richly bless you and yours with happiness and good health! Betty

--------------------
" 'Then you will know that I am the Lord; those who hope in Me will not be disappointed.' " ISAIAH 49:23

Posts: 8 | From: Lacombe, Louisiana | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trying_to_have_faith
Advanced Member
Member # 1904

Icon 16 posted      Profile for trying_to_have_faith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God Bless you Betty. You are in my prayers, God loves you and we love you and are praying for you. Keep us posted.

Love,

Candace

--------------------
God Bless

Posts: 24 | From: california | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

Betty, I have had you on my heart and we are still praying for you in this situation and also for your family. PLEASE, when you are able, just drop us a quick line and update us and know we love you and are still praying for you.

God loves you SO much!!

TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

Betty, I was on chemo for two years and know how very, very weak you get. I also know that as children of God we need never fear when it is our time to go, God's promise is true, the Paradise that awaits us is so glorious, our human minds cannot comprehend!!! Jesus has you in his arms, Betty and we all love you and continue to pray for you....we will continue to do so....know you are loved and our Heavenly Father has you safely in His loving hands!!

God Bless you!

betty_white
Community Member
Member # 2098

Thank you all, so very much, for your continued daily prayers! My condition is still very much the same, more valleys than peaks, but I do seem to manage at least 1-2 "good" days a week. I'm continuing to lose weight, I just don't seem to have much of an appetite anymore. I've lost just about all my strength and require assistance to do regular life skills such as dressing and undressing now. But, my faith in the Lord is still strong and when my times comes, I certainly know where I'll be going! The support I received here has made my predicament a bit easier, in knowing there are wonderful Christian people who continue to lift me up in their daily prayers.

Thank you and God bless you all....Betty

--------------------

TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

Yes, Betty, please do write when you can and let us know. We love you and continue to lift you and your loved ones up in prayer!!

God Bless!

Lainie
Advanced Member
Member # 1931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty, please let us know how you're doing! [type]
Posts: 25 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

Dearest Betty,

I also have just lifted you up in prayer and know this, God WILL heal you, you must rest in HIS loving arms and abide in HIS peace. Our Lord will heal your earthly body or give you the glorious ULTIMATE healing, where you will have no pain OR sorrow! One way or the other, you will be healed, dear sister!

PRAISE GOD and I pray for your family to have the peace that passes all understanding at this time and give them the strength and the knowing that our Lord is a loving and compassionate Lord and HE is indeed holding you all in His loving arms at this time. You will be in my daily prayers.

Pam

Lainie
Advanced Member
Member # 1931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm praying in agreement for healing and strength! [Prayer]
Posts: 25 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Betty:

My the God of all Mercy, and comfort and hope bring you peace and joy in this time that enemy has set up for your pain and destruction.

May this be a time of gathering and enjoying family and friends and of moment by moment thanksgiving for all that is good and comes from God.

May each day to come be a blessing and not a curse. May each day to come bring you closer and more in love with HIM.

May the grace HE gives you in this time be a wonder and testiment to HIS glory in you and upon your life!

God keep you in His arms and may you continually know that HIS grace is sufficient to endure any pain and nausea brought on by drugs, and may you face each day with confidence and strength in knowing that he will not allow you more than you can bear.

May you not find fear or dread of the days to come but may you find joyful anticipation as you continue in fatih to run the course that God has set before you.

May your family come to understnd that death has no sting for those who love the LORD with all their hearts. And should the Sovergn Lord decide that your healing should not come in this life but in the one that follows, may they find comfort in the day that their loss is your gain as your body is healed and glorified and you are blessed to sit at HIS feet in worship forevermore.

In The mighty name of Jesus, I pray and give thanks.

Amen!!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
betty_white
Community Member
Member # 2098

Hello, my name is Betty and I am from Lacombe, Louisiana. I have just been diagnosed with metastatic pancreatic cancer in my liver and lungs, Stage IV. I am currently receiving chemotherapy, not in hopes to prolong my life but to hopefully improve the quality. I ask for your prayers of healing and strength in order to face what lies ahead. My prayer for each of you is that you be blessed in return. Thank you.

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement